E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Runners Post

01-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Dude..You're not grasping the whole idea. You can run 14:30 all you want on the treadmill but running outdoors in the cold and on a track is completely different. If you're asking should you be worried..then yes..you should be. Variables can make or break you. If you're not prepared for almost all the variables, you'll be in for a surprise.

Your mind may say, hey my legs are moving..I can keep kicking, however if have not been training outdoors, your legs may want to move, but your lungs won't want you to breathe. In that case, you're SOL. You can push your legs, but good luck pushing your lungs to the extreme when they give out.

Oh yeah...One extra thing. I was running my 1.5 mile with no problem in under 11 minutes on the treadmill. I got out in the cold air and for the first 2 weeks, I barely made it past 3/4 of a mile...and that took me over 8 minutes just to do that! It was because my lungs couldn't handle the change. Doing the treadmill and guaging my success on that made no sense at that point.

But I'll be on the treadmill this monday for a few weeks Need to get back into the running. I haven't run in a while. After a few weeks of getting my legs used to the motion, I'll hit the streets