E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Chevy beat BMW to LED "Halo Rings"

03-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #67
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

so its basically the same speed as a e46M3 on the ring? Not too bad for a bigger car.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #68
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula-Hula View Post
And a Ford Focus FYI

Are you seriously comparing a $6000 car to a $32,000 car?

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:05 AM   #69
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula-Hula View Post
And a Ford Focus FYI

Newsong is a troll without a BMW, do not feed the worthless troll... Newsong, are you ever going to be able to buy a nice BMW, or are you just here to post stupid shit?

Back on topic... What a surprise that the chevy would copy BMW.American automakers are always so worthless...er...innovative...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #70
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post

Newsong is a troll without a BMW, do not feed the worthless troll... Newsong, are you ever going to be able to buy a nice BMW, or are you just here to post stupid shit?

Back on topic... What a surprise that the chevy would copy BMW.American automakers are always so worthless...er...innovative...
When is BMW going to be innovative when they are copying the rear end of the Lexus LS on the 7 series? Honda took some cues from the 5 series for the Accord. When are you going to bash the Japanese automakers for doing the same?

Grow up, everyone copies from each other.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #71
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
When is BMW going to be innovative when they are copying the rear end of the Lexus LS on the 7 series? Honda took some cues from the 5 series for the Accord. When are you going to bash the Japanese automakers for doing the same?

I concur.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #72
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:

How much are you selling yours for?

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #73
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
How much are you selling yours for?
I already gave you a quote in a previous thread
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #74
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post

The entire 7 series is ugly as shit.... that said, its not even similar except they have tailights and exhaust tips...

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #75
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
I already gave you a quote in a previous thread
$14k?

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #76
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
$14k?
Flip the 1 and the 4 and we'll start talking
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #77
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:

Wow, just because he doesn't currently own a BMW means that he's a troll? I think Newsong is a cool dude who's got a mix of intelligent opinions and sometimes-funny, sometimes-inane non-sequiturs.

So, yeah, stop being a cock. Thanks.
      03-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #78
NewSong
United_States
Rep

and methodtim hates everyone, so him liking me says something, dork face.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #79
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
and methodtim hates everyone, so him liking me says something, dork face.
You calling me dork face is like Paris Hilton calling someone stupid.
      03-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #80
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
You calling me dork face is like Paris Hilton calling someone stupid.
I wasn't calling you dork face, suck head.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #81
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tripleblack View Post
Will be in a straight line. First curve would tell a different story.
Insideline.com says it outslaloms the E92 M3.
      03-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #82
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Some people will never get it. Guess we just have to wait for the Camaro V8's to become a common sight so they can get to work putting all you irrational philistines in place.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #83
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Quote:
The entire 7 series is ugly as shit.... that said, its not even similar except they have tailights and exhaust tips...

I have no clue where you found the picture you posted but this is the ACTUAL 2009 7 series and rear looks pretty darn close to the Lexus.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 04:01 AM   #84
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Even those two don't look at all similar except the integrated exhaust. all of the lines are different, the lights are different, and the shape is different... I guess they are both cars, and Lexus stole the BMW shark fin, which isn't half as bad a stealing the iconic halo rings of BMW...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #85
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

All I have to say is enough with "omg ur sooo copycat ricer!!lolomgwft!!11!!"

The car companies are in the business of selling. If they don't, they die. So, they go with what has been proven to work, along with some unique touches to ensure they retain their "on sight" identities. The LS became a big-time player right about the same time that they made it look like a rip-off of the benchmark S-Class. Sure, that's kind of shady, and it was a bit excessive, but do you think Mercedes and BMW are going to just sit there and say, "we're above using other peoples' ideas"?? The fact that the 7er looks more like the LS now is refreshing to me. It no longer looks like it hit a deer at 70MPH in reverse. That's a good thing.

Using halo rings is hardly anything to fuss about. Tegs and Civics, and plenty of other cars, have been putting them on aftermarket for years. Who cares. Honestly, why would anyone give half of a shit about that? The fact that anyone here thinks they are "better than" a Civic driver, or a Teg driver, or a Maro driver, just because of your badge and angel eyes is downright stupid. If anything, take solace in the fact that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

And anyone that wants to say the Maro SS or Z28 is giving anything up in the twisties is obviously a fanboy. The SS beats the 335i at the Ring, and the Z28, if they make it, will eat every BMW alive at that track. Fuhgeddabahdit. Think CTS-V minus 300 pounds and more agile.... I want them to build it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #86
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Well rcracer does live in Texas...

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #87
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
All I have to say is enough with "omg ur sooo copycat ricer!!lolomgwft!!11!!"

Using halo rings is hardly anything to fuss about. Tegs and Civics, and plenty of other cars, have been putting them on aftermarket for years. Who cares. Honestly, why would anyone give half of a shit about that? The fact that anyone here thinks they are "better than" a Civic driver, or a Teg driver, or a Maro driver,

And anyone that wants to say the Maro SS or Z28 is giving anything up in the twisties is obviously a fanboy. The SS beats the 335i at the Ring, and the Z28, if they make it, will eat every BMW alive at that track. Fuhgeddabahdit. Think CTS-V minus 300 pounds and more agile.... I want them to build it.
Is it that hard to spell Integra? You know they have been doing lambo doors on their pieces of shit too, is that fine and not rice as well?

I would really like to see the Camaro SS or zturd beat an M3 around the track... It cant slalom for shit at 68.6 mph and and pulled .88 on the skidpad. At those numbers it couldn't beat a stock 135i on the track, let alone a modded 1, or an M3...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #88
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Is it that hard to spell Integra? You know they have been doing lambo doors on their pieces of shit too, is that fine and not rice as well?

I would really like to see the Camaro SS or zturd beat an M3 around the track... It cant slalom for shit at 68.6 mph and and pulled .88 on the skidpad. At those numbers it couldn't beat a stock 135i on the track, let alone a modded 1, or an M3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Insideline.com says it outslaloms the E92 M3.
You were saying....?

Is it that hard to type out Bayerische Motoren Werke? Geez man you're a total tweeker. I never said ricing out a car was fine. I said you have to get over it.

On another note, the CTS-V ran a 7:59. Right? Or am I wrong? You're free to answer that question. How about this one: how much does the Z28 weigh compared to the CTS-V? About 300 lbs less? Bingo. Same powerplant. I don't know how good you are at logical reasoning or math, but the CTS-V already beats the M3 by what? 6 seconds? So what do you think is going to happen when the zturd hits the 'Ring? Hmmm?
Appreciate 0