E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Road Rage

04-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Road Rage

Just the other day I was exiting a store parking lot and there was this pickup truck behind me. Anyways, I have 3.5'' of clearance in the front due to my drop and my lip so I'm taking it slowly on an angle and the guy just lays on his horn, the speeds off. So I flick him off and at the next light get out of my car, which when he sees this proceeds to get out of his...

The conversation goes as follows:

Me: Is there a problem sir? Why are you honking at me, where's the fire?
Him: How come you drive so slow? There were no cars around.
Me: Look how low the front end of my car is, I'm not scraping the ground because you're in a rush.
Him: Maybe you should raise it.
Me: Haha, ya ok bud. Have some respect.
Him: No, I'll do what I want.
Me: Alright well then go fuck yourself you piece of shit

At that I just got back in the car and drove off with him standing in the middle of the street like an idiot.

What is wrong with people? A little patience goes a long way IMO and I just can't understand why so many people on the road have no respect for anyone but themselves, even when proven wrong.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Mo_zhp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan Zhp 6spd

You handled the situation perfectly, IMO. I would have done the same thing.
Some people need to chill tha fvck out sometimes.
      04-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_zhp View Post
You handled the situation perfectly, IMO. I would have done the same thing.
Some people need to chill tha fvck out sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
Just the other day I was exiting a store parking lot and there was this pickup truck behind me. Anyways, I have 3.5'' of clearance in the front due to my drop and my lip so I'm taking it slowly on an angle and the guy just lays on his horn, the speeds off. So I flick him off and at the next light get out of my car, which when he sees this proceeds to get out of his...

Me: Look how low the front end of my car is, I'm not scraping the ground because you're in a rush.

At that I just got back in the car and drove off with him standing in the middle of the street like an idiot.

What is wrong with people? A little patience goes a long way IMO and I just can't understand why so many people on the road have no respect for anyone but themselves, even when proven wrong.

Matt
Wow you sound just like my friend. Not even like that specific situation, just from all your posts I swear to god you could easily be him lol. btw, way to handle the situation.

I got this one story about this truck I ran into on a long bridge. I was followin this e39 5er, it's about 11:30-12'ish, and we're both goin about 110-130. We're in the far left lane and this is a wide bridge. Anyways, I see a lifted truck, looked like a modified dodge ram. Anyways, this dumbass swings over into my lane after the 5er passes him, then he brake checks me. I was like WTF? So I sped back up and brake checked his ass. He then speeds off and it was pretty damn fast, so I figured that it must have been than SRT-10 ram, but I cought up to him quickly regardless and passed him giving him the bird. I don't know what the f*ck his problem was. You don't brake check someone going 100+. And so the ass decides to tail me for the next 2-3 miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Oh and now I seriously need a piggyback becuase I felt kinda bad that a lifted truck wasn't being blown away at 100+ mph.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

lol. shoulda thrown pennies out your sunroof while he was tailing you. haha!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

DAMNIT! I have a whole buncha quarters in that little bin in the lower part of my door.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
DAMNIT! I have a whole buncha quarters in that little bin in the lower part of my door.
lol. It's also fun to turn on the windshield washer fluid when someone's tailing you. I like watching them cleaning their windshield after I've gotten their car wet!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Some girl did that to me when I was tailing her because I was late to go somewhere, though I figured I deserved it and backed off.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i dunno... probably not really road rage... just a big misunderstanding. you value your car a hell of a lot more than he does... so he doesn't understand why your driving slow. but in any case i don't think getting out of the car was really necessary... just drive home and cool off. shit can really get outa hand... for the worst yadamean. but luckily its all good.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
      04-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #12
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
i dunno... probably not really road rage... just a big misunderstanding. you value your car a hell of a lot more than he does... so he doesn't understand why your driving slow. but in any case i don't think getting out of the car was really necessary... just drive home and cool off. shit can really get outa hand... for the worst yadamean. but luckily its all good.
He laid on the horn for a good 5 seconds and then cut me off like an idiot. Yeah, road rage. lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
35past3
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Matt
So I guess you are that tough guy, huh?

Never get out of your car because you never know what you are going to deal with. I bet you would have backed right down and felt like a pu$$y if he had pulled a knife on you. Be smart about the situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #14
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
^^^^^

LOL... a knife you say? LOL! please. 90% of people who walk with knives dont know how to use them. they just kinda push it in your direction and hope it sticks you.

if he pulled out a gun, thats a different story. but your right. you should NEVER get out of your car. really, a stupid move. the same move ive done too many times and its only a matter of time before my luck runs low.
      04-15-2008, 12:07 PM   #15
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35past3 View Post
So I guess you are that tough guy, huh?

Never get out of your car because you never know what you are going to deal with. I bet you would have backed right down and felt like a pu$$y if he had pulled a knife on you. Be smart about the situation.
Doubt he would have done anything if he pulled a knife. It's just a use of intimidation...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Doubt he would have done anything if he pulled a knife. It's just a use of intimidation...
lol... you'd say that until you got shanked and was near death. not probable but possible... and the possible is what we're worried about

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Talking

My quick version of my incident last year. At 7:15am, I'm still trying to wake up.

Exiting the freeway, guy in truck moves over when I'm next to him. No big deal I floor it and get in front of him. He rides my ass, cussing, flipping me off. I return the finger. He tailgates me again. I brake check.

He follows me to work. Threatening me, and saying things like, "You think you're a tough guy" and "Get outta your car and show me what you're made of." Guys 40ish, bald, and shorter than me. He walks off, and I yell "You're a doctor, you're suppose to help people not threaten them!" He was in scrubs.

He comes back saying the same shit. He walks off again and kicks my car. I'm enraged. Get out and proceed to kick the crap out of his door with my heal and punch his window continuously trying to break it. I run and get cop, while a lady who saw everything stops the guy.

Cop comes out with me, points at the guy, and the guy drives off. All day my phone rang wanting to hear the story. Now I'm know as the crazy guy with the bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #18
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
if you were in cote st luc, that might not have been a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #19
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post
if you were in cote st luc, that might not have been a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #20
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

that's happened to my friend in his slammed MK III GTI soooooo many times. his road rage has turned down to zero. if anyone did that to me for no real reason, i'd probably do what you did though haha
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #21
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
My quick version of my incident last year. At 7:15am, I'm still trying to wake up.

Exiting the freeway, guy in truck moves over when I'm next to him. No big deal I floor it and get in front of him. He rides my ass, cussing, flipping me off. I return the finger. He tailgates me again. I brake check.

He follows me to work. Threatening me, and saying things like, "You think you're a tough guy" and "Get outta your car and show me what you're made of." Guys 40ish, bald, and shorter than me. He walks off, and I yell "You're a doctor, you're suppose to help people not threaten them!" He was in scrubs.

He comes back saying the same shit. He walks off again and kicks my car. I'm enraged. Get out and proceed to kick the crap out of his door with my heal and punch his window continuously trying to break it. I run and get cop, while a lady who saw everything stops the guy.

Cop comes out with me, points at the guy, and the guy drives off. All day my phone rang wanting to hear the story. Now I'm know as the crazy guy with the bimmer.
WTF. I would've gone insane. Seriously who the f*ck is that much of a bitch to go and kick another guy's car. Did the cop make him pay for the damage?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #22
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
So I flick him off and at the next light get out of my car,
Stupid move on your part. Either let it go or leave it at the finger, getting out of your car is stupid. What purpose did it serve? If you didn't intend to kick his ass then there is nothing gained by exiting the car, except opening yourself up to getting shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0