E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Evolution of BATMAN

05-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #45
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

3 things Bruce has over Clark:

1. Intelligence
2. Resources
3. The willingness to go farther - although yes i know Superman killed General Zod in Man of Steel, I am referring to the source material.

How about this matchup:
Batman vs Spawn
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #46
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Frank Miller hates Superman.
Seriously, I don't think anyone here believes for a second Batman could beat Superman, but Plot Induced Stupidity says otherwise. Now we have people running around screaming "Because Batman" believing Batman can beat anyone, while he simultaneously gets his ass kicked by Cat woman and other street level fighters.
I'm just saying I think you place too much weight in strength. Clearly Batman is on the level of Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League because he is a part of it. His intelligence, fighting skills, and ability to analyze any situation makes him who he is.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #47
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
I'm just saying I think you place too much weight in strength. Clearly Batman is on the level of Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League because he is a part of it. His intelligence, fighting skills, and ability to analyze any situation makes him who he is.
I don't mean in terms of absolute strength - but Captain America is just as resourceful and more willing to go to the extreme. Batman doesn't kill, Cap does. Cap has stood up to Thanos, despite being just a man, Cap has lead the Avengers into battle with intergalactic threats - he may not have Gadgets and he may be more simple - but I don't think that makes him inferior to a guy who gets beat up by a woman in a cat outfit.

Seriously, we are supposed to believe that Batman has a gadget for every situation, every time - that he can overcome every threat? Isn't that why people hate Superman, because he's not relateable?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #48
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Murica.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #49
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't mean in terms of absolute strength - but Captain America is just as resourceful and more willing to go to the extreme. Batman doesn't kill, Cap does. Cap has stood up to Thanos, despite being just a man, Cap has lead the Avengers into battle with intergalactic threats - he may not have Gadgets and he may be more simple - but I don't think that makes him inferior to a guy who gets beat up by a woman in a cat outfit.

Seriously, we are supposed to believe that Batman has a gadget for every situation, every time - that he can overcome every threat? Isn't that why people hate Superman, because he's not relateable?
Isn't that how batman is normally written? Situation, new gadget, overcomes plight, wins. Repeat.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #50
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Finally, I'll finish with this

Quote:
I always love the tired old "he's powerful so he's not relatable" argument.

Powers aside, Superman's got a lot more in common with the average joe than Batman. He grew up in a middle-of-nowhere town, and never fit in anywhere he went, which grew even more complicated when he discovers his real origins. He tries to be like everyone else, but his powers and the job that comes with it means he can never do that. Even surrounded by other superheroes, he's always put on a pedestal above the others, so he can never be just 'one of the guys.' And his upbringing on Earth means he's not at home with other Kryptonians, either. So no matter how much good in the world Superman does, no matter how many friends or loved ones he has, on that one basic level of having a shared experience with others, he is always completely alone.

That basic need to try and reach out to his fellow man, even though he can never really fit in, that struggle to establish his own identity, is one of the key elements of a heroic-everyman character. The fact that he's got incredible superpowers just means his conflicts are on a bigger scale, with the stakes that much higher if he fails. He's got plenty of tragic elements to his character, but he doesn't let them define him and turn into a 24/7 brooding-angst-machine like Batman. To me, that makes him a lot deeper than the guys who just shout out their drama at every given chance.

Contrast Clark's upbringing with Bruce, who spent his childhood spoiled rotten in one of the richest families in the world, then ran off for years on a quest that none of us could ever have enough money to afford. He then got to come back and take over a billion-dollar corporation that he had no hand in creating, and use his family's and his company's fortunes to make a bunch of weapons and gadgets that make him unbeatable. He never loses a major fight (especially not if he has "prep time") and always gets to be the guy who's right when the heroes start arguing. In that sense, he's far more invulnerable, and thus a more shallow character, than Superman ever was.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #51
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finally, I'll finish with this
Ugh, you jump around in your debate a lot. Anyway agree to disagree. I like Cap, I like Batman, both have their places.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #52
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The only reason Cap would win is because he's juiced with super-serum.
That's considered cheating in many circles...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #53
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
The only reason Cap would win is because he's juiced with super-serum.
That's considered cheating in many circles...
But unlimited money and gadgets aren't? Come on.
The batman bias is thick in here guys. :P
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #54
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yankees have unlimited money and gear, but when A-Rod takes steroids then we have a problem. It's a weak analogy to illustrate my point. But, the answer to your question is no I don't think money & gadgets are cheating.

That said, I also like Captain America. Whoever wins, it would be a great fight
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #55
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Superman would beat Goku - and I'm a DIE HARD Goku fan.

SpiderMan would make quick work of Batman. He's faster (he can literally dodge bullets) Stronger ( He can lift over 10 tons, Captain America who is enhanced Human, is over 800-1100lbs) and has his spider sense.

Justice League should be compared to Avengers, but with the Xmen, which line up? Early 90s Jim Lee Xmen? Or current?
what how the hell does superman beat goku? that makes no sense so please explain. batman and spider-man would be an awesome fight. would be entertaining to say the least
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #56
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Well, the title of the thread is "Evolution of BATMAN."

05-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #57
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
what how the hell does superman beat goku? that makes no sense so please explain. batman and spider-man would be an awesome fight. would be entertaining to say the least
It wouldn't even be close. Spider-Man literally has precognitive abilities and a reaction time fast enough to dodge bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Well, the title of the thread is "Evolution of BATMAN."

I know, I know...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #58
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

deadpool > batman > superman
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #59
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I understand how where you are coming from, and I would definitely pull for Goku in this match, their individual respective stats would suggest that Superman would eventuall beat Goku.

Goku is absolutely the superior Martial Artist out of these two, Goku has always shown fatigue when up against a worthy opponent, where as Superman never seems to lose strength or energy as long as the fight takes place on Earth, ando or his opponent is not using kryptonite... Goku would NEVER use kryptonite against Superman.

That means that even though Goku would kick Superman's ass at the start of the fight, Superman would take advantage once Goku starts to slow down with fatigue. Anyone who has spent time in the ring or on the mats, knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about when it comes to going up against an opponent with equal strength and skill... the winner will be determined by endurance. Superman wins.
      05-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #60
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I understand how where you are coming from, and I would definitely pull for Goku in this match, their individual respective stats would suggest that Superman would eventuall beat Goku.

Goku is absolutely the superior Martial Artist out of these two, Goku has always shown fatigue when up against a worthy opponent, where as Superman never seems to lose strength or energy as long as the fight takes place on Earth, ando or his opponent is not using kryptonite... Goku would NEVER use kryptonite against Superman.

That means that even though Goku would kick Superman's ass at the start of the fight, Superman would take advantage once Goku starts to slow down with fatigue. Anyone who has spent time in the ring or on the mats, knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about when it comes to going up against an opponent with equal strength and skill... the winner will be determined by endurance. Superman wins.
Makes sense but goku can blow people away with his blasts hahaha is superman indestructible?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #61
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
It wouldn't even be close. Spider-Man literally has precognitive abilities and a reaction time fast enough to dodge bullets.

I know, I know...
I never said batman would win just think it would be interesting. Spider-Man has the better powers, but batman's experience and knowledge would make an interesting fight
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #62
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Batman would figure out a way to catch the spider in his own web
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #63
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

THE NEXT BATMAN MOVIE HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN FILMING:

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

(Yes I'm shouting b/c I am excited haha)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #64
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

New batmobile:

http://www.eonline.com/news/577774/n...instagram-user
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #65
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I am watching the Captain America right now.
I think Spiderman has edge over Captain America.
      09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #66
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

New/Better photo

Appreciate 0