E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

11-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #89
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
He CAN ONLY perform from front row ;-) If Hamilton was in the race, he wouldn't be on the podium. Oh well.
I'm pissed in one way, I had HAM, RAI, ALO on my pirelligpchallenge!!! Now I only got VET for fastest lap!!! Friggin McLaren failed me!!!

But I'm quite glad Kimi had finally won!!!
The Eighth winner of this season!!!
      11-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #90
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Interesting season, what had been used to be the most boring races in the season. Valencia and Abu Dhabi, became the two most exciting races!!!
      11-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #91
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great race. Kongrat to Kimi.

Too bad for Ham.

Post race interview for the for the fu**ing win.
      11-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #92
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I'm not sold on Vettel. Certainly not a hater, but fairly clumsy through the pack; he just has such a fast car, he came right back. I don't hate because credit where credit is due; just look at how freaking fast Red Bull is... 3rd after having been to the back twice. I like variation and, yes, it's boring when the same guy always wins, but we have to give it to these guys; they're just super fast.
I was reminded of how races used to be more unpredictable (unreliable Ferrari engines, etc.) in the late 90s and early 2000s.
F1 needed a character like Kimi back; I was laughing hard with his radio talk. A well deserved win for him and for the team.
Shame on Schumacher's puncture; the longest point-less streak of his career continues.
Alonso better keep praying, because this one is looking tight, at best.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #93
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent
I'm not sold on Vettel. Certainly not a hater, but fairly clumsy through the pack; he just has such a fast car, he came right back. I don't hate because credit where credit is due; just look at how freaking fast Red Bull is... 3rd after having been to the back twice. I like variation and, yes, it's boring when the same guy always wins, but we have to give it to these guys; they're just super fast.
I was reminded of how races used to be more unpredictable (unreliable Ferrari engines, etc.) in the late 90s and early 2000s.
F1 needed a character like Kimi back; I was laughing hard with his radio talk. A well deserved win for him and for the team.
Shame on Schumacher's puncture; the longest point-less streak of his career continues.
Alonso better keep praying, because this one is looking tight, at best.
It's okay. Nothing Vettel would have done would have changed your mind. Domenicali was asked about SV's race, and he just said the same thing and talked about safety cars etc etc. Inside, he know's what's what and was crapping himself the entire race. He'd be applauding FA's abilities to the millionth degree if it were his driver's performance from pitlane-to-podium.

I hope next week Hamilton and Alonso go on the record and talk sh*t about Vettel's driving again (specifically LH's comment about how he misses 4 apexes per lap - LOL). It seemed to put a bee in SV's bonnet. Karma's a bitch.

And while all the nay-sayers are still mulling over the fact that they're not 'sold' on SV's ability, he'll be sipping cocktails on the golf course with his 3rd WDC under his belt (in a row).
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #94
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
It's okay. Nothing Vettel would have done would have changed your mind. Domenicali was asked about SV's race, and he just said the same thing and talked about safety cars etc etc. Inside, he know's what's what and was crapping himself the entire race. He'd be applauding FA's abilities to the millionth degree if it were his driver's performance from pitlane-to-podium.

I hope next week Hamilton and Alonso go on the record and talk sh*t about Vettel's driving again (specifically LH's comment about how he misses 4 apexes per lap - LOL). It seemed to put a bee in SV's bonnet. Karma's a bitch.

And while all the nay-sayers are still mulling over the fact that they're not 'sold' on SV's ability, he'll be sipping cocktails on the golf course with his 3rd WDC under his belt (in a row).
If it wasn't Button hold off Vettel several laps, the finger boy will be breathing down Alonso's neck!! Fresher Soft tires and a faster car.

Although a bit clumsy and a bit lack of patience when he going through the pack. Lost a bit of cool during the first safety car. It was a fantastic come back and salvage from a disaster Saturday. And keeping his championship lead of 10 points.

I'm not a Vettel or Alonso fan. But man, they drove a great season!!!
Alonso brought a piece of shit car to championship hunt, and Vettel had faith with the development and make the most when he got an advantage.

Hates gotta hate, but you just cannot ignore the fact that Alonso drove a great season, and Vettel did a fantastic recovery today.
      11-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post

If it was Alonso or Hamilton coming from the back of the race to get a podium, everyone will say how incredible they are. When it's SV, oh it was all car. Give me a break.

You don't win 2 (potentially 3) WC while completely dominating your teammate by just pure luck.

Having said that, I was really happy to see the Iceman win.

Who else is going to Austin in 2 weeks?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #96
neilvosko
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 FBO

super exciting, vettel is clearly above and beyond.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #97
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Kimi must've thinking "F*** I picked the wrong place to win...there's no Champagne on the podium..."
      11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #98
SukSqueezeBangBlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Im sorry but Vettel got pretty lucky with TWO safety cars in one race. Without them he wouldn't be in 3rd place at all. His car does give him a large advantage over the pack, and that's why i give Alonso most credit for this race. Kimi did a great job also, but he is just such an asshole as always. Respect your team and the guys on the radio dick.
      11-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #99
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

Without the cautions and the stupid lotus driver accidents Vettel would have been further back.

RB also stuck in a lower gear by starting from pit lane. His top speed was 10 kph then anyone else, helps. That car is so much faster then anyone else. The way it transitions tells the story. SV is good but that car is so much better and makes him look it.

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #100
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Kudos to Kimi. Glad to see him on the top step again. Loved his radio chatter. "STFU, I know what I'm doing."

Vettel will eclipse Schumi's records. He's just that good. Alonso must *hate* this track with Vettel pulling the rabbit out of his hat AGAIN.

That said, SV needs a little training before being considered a class act. No excuse for that language in a public address setting or for dumping the faux champagne on Coulthard. He could take some lessons from Schumi.

If I remember correctly, Ferrari got fined after that screwed up race in Indy when Schumi hauled Rubens up to the top step of the podium because it was clear Rubens should have won that race. The reason for the fine was that he damaged the integrity of the podium ceremony or some such nonsense. I wonder if Vettel will get fined using the same Bernie-esque logic.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 11-04-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #101
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattgfx
Im sorry but Vettel got pretty lucky with TWO safety cars in one race. Without them he wouldn't be in 3rd place at all. His car does give him a large advantage over the pack, and that's why i give Alonso most credit for this race. Kimi did a great job also, but he is just such an asshole as always. Respect your team and the guys on the radio dick.
This. Vettel fans are dilusional thinking otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #102
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #103
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #104
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #105
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #106
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #107
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List

11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #108
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
      11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #109
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Wow, a total action packed race.

Hamilton, what an utter shame after such dominance all weekend. I'd like to see one last Macca win from him before he moves on, and if he keeps it up from this weekend its looking good for it.

Vettel, the two safety cars definitely helped. But he was undoubtedly extremely fast. Almost to the point of being in another formula. As said, a little clumsy at the beginning but he sorted it out rather brilliantly.

Raikkonen, super pleased to see him on the podium and to win this year. And what a great character to have in the sport again. Breaking all the conventional rules, hah.

This was definitely a fun and eventful race to watch. And the podium was probably the best of the year.
      11-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #110
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
The f-bomb from the hospitality room as well.

Kimi, it's like he makes the media pay for it when pressed for answers.