E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Why Are People Consumer Whores?

10-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
The marketing is good, so they sell more.
The quality is above average, so they sell more.

People buy brands they are familiar with, if they don't know too much about something, they buy a brand they are familiar with.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Right, Buying stuff with a brand name because of it's quality is the only reason to spend the money that the labels often demand.

I spent $100 at American Eagle once.... ONCE. Never had a shittier Polo in my life. It's should be about quality, finish, or personal preference, NOT about what others are going to think. It's why in particular I find Coach, D&G, and LV so comical. It's the over the top label usage and the SIZE of the logos, just over the top. It would be like Painting a Giant Roundel on your Hood...
lol. now u know why i would never shop @ American Eagle or A&F.

and whats interesting, is that both of above said companies slap their logos all over their shirt or write "American Eagle - Cali" , or "Abercrombie" and shit. you go and try and find an Express Men shirt with their name on their shirts. its impossible, they dont put that on their shirts. the dragon is not their logo, but its their centered design focus, so they use it on their polo's and shirts sparingly.

their quality is amazing. a 60 dollar X2 jeans from them beat the shit out of my 280 dollar jeans from armani exchange. one of my friends called me a walking advertisement for Express Men. i was like dude? what the fuck? this is an art series shirt. there is no way to know this is express men unless youve been in the store, or unless i told u.

and it was funny because he had a AE polo shirt on. fucking twat.
      10-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #25
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Lol I really don't
she uses a 8 track

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
The marketing is good, so they sell more.
The quality is above average, so they sell more.

People buy brands they are familiar with, if they don't know too much about something, they buy a brand they are familiar with.
See im completly opppsite. Now me yes i have an ipod i wear gucci and prada and true religions i have a bmw but does that make me a product of marketing? I dont think so because anyone can go buy a gucci shirt that just says gucci its what you choose and how u put it together. Anyone can buy a 335cp but i got one with a little bit of a different color and made it mine(mods) I have spent so much money on clothes in my honest opinion i think its not worth it at all. Am i happy yes. I wear brands that people have no idea what im wearing and i never get compliment yes they are expensive but thats me theres no marketing too these brands no commercials no nothing. I just go out to BTQs and get the best lookign things i can find. All underground clothes I always want to have on something different then someone else. Ok in my eyes(lets just say for people on this forum) a product of marketing is someone with a rolex sub but has no idea of watch movements or craftsmanship or quality just has it to say yes i own a rolex. They also have a 328 so they can have a BMW. They dont know how to turn there lights on(whell on a car forum they do but i think you understand me). They also wear the normal type of decent clothing companys ax,abercrombie,nike,seanjohn whatever u may. They also dont care about materials or stiches. They also smoke because thats the biggest product of marketing. Now in closing does this make them any worse then the person who is all educated about products next to them? In my opinion no they just choose not to care about what they are buying and buy in trust of what they are told. You have to look at it from a different perspective now. They might like nice things but love there family 100 times more so they do not have time to educate themselfs. They spend every free minute from work with the wife kids etc. Thats just life you have people who need to know every detail in where there moneys going then you have people who just say whatever it is then it is. UgHH i did a little rambling but thats just my take on this.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0