E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2013 FIM MotoGP: Valencia

11-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #23
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
He can't kep doing the same thing and expect a different result and to beat Lorenzo and the Repsol guys in 2014
It won't matter what he does, he won't be beating Jorge and the Repsol riders anytime in 2014 unless they all fall off the track.

As has been said already, Rossi is only the 4th fastest rider in MotoGP now, and at his age, he's not going to find any extra speed from anywhere to compete with the new kids on the block.

I can't see him continuing past the end of 2014 tbh.
      11-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Oh I wasn't saying he would be winning next year. In fact, I think he is in the twilight of his career and should get out while the getting is good. I was simply saying he is trying to change up his formula and try a different tactic. Even he knows he's slowing down. Let me just say: There is no way he will be suddenly faster than our top 3 this year.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #25
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
It won't matter what he does, he won't be beating Jorge and the Repsol riders anytime in 2014 unless they all fall off the track.

As has been said already, Rossi is only the 4th fastest rider in MotoGP now, and at his age, he's not going to find any extra speed from anywhere to compete with the new kids on the block.

I can't see him continuing past the end of 2014 tbh.
Hmmmm, he did it multiple times this season. He is still capable. New kid(s) on the block? The only "new kid" is Marquez, and he did manage to get a win ahead of Marquez this season. It's funny, Rossi is at the twilight of his career and STILL manages to pull in a solid 4th with a number of podiums and a win. Let's see what the other riders are able to do once they near retirement (..and/or have been racing for as many years as Rossi). Even at this point, none of them are even close to matching his accolades in their prime as he did in his. FWIW, Marquez is showing those younger riders the way, and they aren't even old dogs yet.

Roll on Marquez....
Appreciate 0