E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Grand Am Not Coming to Homestead This Year

03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Grand Am Not Coming to Homestead This Year

Anyone know why or how venues are chosen? I was looking forward to the Miami Grand Prix in April but Homestead is not on this year's schedule; I guess I thought Homestead would be a priority location but I was wrong. Maybe they are running a reduced schedule due to unification next year.

When will they announce the unified schedule for next year (fingers crossed for Homestead date in 2014)?

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Grand Am - picked up a few new tracks this year, If I recall correctly they are Circuit of the Americas, Road Atlanta and the roval at Kansas Speedway. They made a few drops, some around the same weekend as Nascar weekends, like Watkins Glen (they still are doing the 6 hours of the Glen) and Homestead.

Just curious why you thought Homestead would have been a priority? Nothing against the track, just curious.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

The final for the sprint cup is in Homestead, since Grand Am is NASCAR I thought it would have some priority that way to be a stop each year when the weather is nice, no other reason really. Maybe they use Daytona and Sebring as the only Florida stops for next year, maybe Homestead in the late fall, who knows.

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

AMLS dropped Mid-O to pick up COTA.

IIRC Grand-Am is running at Mid-O now (NASCAR making a debut).

Things happen.
Appreciate 0