E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dog food

12-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #67
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog. Do you mind if I ask what brand of flea and tick you used? I try to minimize the use of it, but if the tick population is bad I'll use frontline. It's weird putting a neurotoxin on the dogs, but figured the risk of it against lyme disease it is worth it.
It was that Frontline stuff.
Appreciate 1
CrazyT44.00
      12-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #68
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Maybe I missed someone mention it, but someone on another forum mentioned that they have their dog on a raw food diet and they have noticed that their dogs feces basically decays without needing to pick it up. He showed a pic of it looking like it was chalk. Thought it was pretty interesting

Anyone do more research on it on health affects?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #69
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
First off anything canned is cancer causing.. BPA/preservatives..etc.. then if its processed means its highly carcinogenic and unhealthy AF>
So my dog might eventually get cancer? Never had a dog get cancer.
I don't know anything about it being caused by dog food but cancer is not uncommon for dogs.
      12-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #70
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Maybe I missed someone mention it, but someone on another forum mentioned that they have their dog on a raw food diet and they have noticed that their dogs feces basically decays without needing to pick it up. He showed a pic of it looking like it was chalk. Thought it was pretty interesting

Anyone do more research on it on health affects?
Isn't that what happens to all dog shit when left in the sun? Or are you saying it happens instantly?
      12-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #71
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I don't know anything about it being caused by dog food but cancer is not uncommon for dogs.
Correct had rott that went that way.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #72
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Isn't that what happens to all dog shit when left in the sun? Or are you saying it happens instantly?
He mentioned that when his dog was on store bought food it was much more watery.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #73
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Quote:
He mentioned that when his dog was on store bought food it was much more watery.
Likely over feeding. Now that he's got more money and effort going into food prep he's feeding the dog less.

Feed them too much they get the runs, feed too little they don't poop as much. Feed them good food and the right quantity you'll likely see them poop at least once for every meal and it'll be the right consistency and small quantity. I don't pick up after my dog and the yard isn't covered in poop. Disintegrates within a week or so.
      12-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #74
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Likely over feeding. Now that he's got more money and effort going into food prep he's feeding the dog less.

Feed them too much they get the runs, feed too little they don't poop as much. Feed them good food and the right quantity you'll likely see them poop at least once for every meal and it'll be the right consistency and small quantity. I don't pick up after my dog and the yard isn't covered in poop. Disintegrates within a week or so.
Agreed. My dogs are smaller but there are 2 of them that get fed 1x / day. I don't pick up when they go in the yard and within a few days of sun (and sometimes rain or sprinklers) it's gone.