E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > California Highway Patrol Chp 11-99??

05-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

California Highway Patrol Chp 11-99??

Just quick question. I know that CHP 11-99 license plate frame is for donating to CHP or w/e and heard that if you have it and cop sees you speedin that he lets you go. I told a friend who had plate frame KMA-367 and he said he got pulled over 8 times in 1.5 months cuz of it and every time got yelled at for having it as if it made it worse.The cop was asking like where did you get it,why you have it, etc.so what you think, what can you tell a cop?
      05-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

i believe it's true, i was lucky enough to get to drive my CEO's Ferrari in my previous job, he's a veteran who donates tons of money to CA cops, and the Ferrari had on one of their license plates, I went over 130 MPH a few times and never go below 80 MPH on freeway the whole day, no problem whatsoever...

JZ
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjz View Post
i believe it's true, i was lucky enough to get to drive my CEO's Ferrari in my previous job, he's a veteran who donates tons of money to CA cops, and the Ferrari had on one of their license plates, I went over 130 MPH a few times and never go below 80 MPH on freeway the whole day, no problem whatsoever...

JZ
I'm sure a person at a stand still can tell what your license plate is when you're going 80mph.. You just got lucky.

-Nathan