E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > some mother f**cker stole my debit card and racked me up -90

05-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

some mother f**cker stole my debit card and racked me up -90

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 12-17-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:33 AM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

I know how fustrated you feel. Where I work we deal with this sort of thing everyday. Believe me I know every trick in the book for credit and debit card fraud. I dont know if you guys have heard of cloning?

Over here it's very popular, so much that in certain areas people stop using cards and pay by cash. Basically, suppose you use your card somewhere. One of the employees has tampered with the equipment so it steals your card details and they can use it to spend elsewhere. Usually they spend the funds abroad.

Dont worry though. Banks and card companies IMO usually get this sorted and will have your funds restored. Keep us updated, and yeah there are some stinkin people out there.
      05-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
fuck, thats retarded, maybe they will take back the overdraft fee.. thank god you didn't have the your debit card linked to your CC for overdraft security! They would have been able to go on a spending spree as you never overdraft on the debit since it keeps taking from your CC.. Hope things get sorted out, B of A is pretty good when it comes to these types of things..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

yea. . . . I'll have my 400 and something stolen dollars back within 48 hours or so. . . .I just called and began the dispute. So far they've canceled my card and told me to call tomorrow to file for fraud since it's 2:30am and the dispute handling department is closed.

B of A is pretty good at handling these kinds of things. All I'll have to do is tell them from what date to what date those charges were made and answer either yes or no to each charge, thats pretty much it. . . .

funny thing is. . . my last charge that day was at Irvine BMW's parts department. . . from that point on, I never used my card because I didn't have it. I would have used it later that day to pay for food if i went out with some friends, but I didn't. So from May 8th till today, some fuck head has been buying gas up the ass and going to taco bell and star bucks like it's nothing. . . . in laguna beach, costa mesa, and newport beach.

I probably left my card there or something. Mother fuckers. It sucks knowing that they wont be punished for any of it and the money wont be sucked from them. . . they just got a free ride off of me. That part makes me furious, but whatever, all that matters is that I'm getting all that money reimbursed within a day or two and that card is cancelled so that cunt fuck cant use the card anymore. I've also had my $350 sunglasses stolen this week as well. . . .

2 things need to happen. I need start paying more attention to that shit, and people need to stop jacking shit. But I'd stick with the first option since option 2 will never happen. It's BS. . . but thank God for today's banks and their honor system in relation to fraud charges. Can you imagine if filing for a fraud claim was like trying to convince your dealer to do warranty work?! Oh, the nightmare that would be haha!!!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Can you imagine if filing for a fraud claim was like trying to convince your dealer to do warranty work?! Oh, the nightmare that would be haha!!!
ROFL, quote of the year! , good thing everything is going to be ok.. wait so does that mean your stealership STOLE your card after you left it there?!?!? , thats pretty .. first they try to take our mods away, no our money!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #6
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
ROFL, quote of the year! , good thing everything is going to be ok.. wait so does that mean your stealership STOLE your card after you left it there?!?!? , thats pretty .. first they try to take our mods away, no our money!
I honestly know myself and how i spend. . . . I take all the cash i make, get, and earn and put in my checking and savings accounts, then I simply use my check card. 99% of everything I pay for in a typical day is with that card, and from that point on, I have NO charges made by me at place I'm familiar with. I wish i could see the exact times the charges were made, that way I could tell if it really was someone at Irvine BMW based on how fast a charge was made after I left. . .

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

and all the charges are at starbucks, which I NEVER go to. . . . Taco Bell, which I also NEVER go to, or at least that often. . . and I NEVER pump gas at Mobil's or 76's, only Shell's and maybe twice a year at Chevron. I also wouldn't buy two full tanks of gas within the same day, or spend only 4 dollars filling up.

I hope they can see all this in their investigation.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #8
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

That sucks man. But at least you're getting reimbursed.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #9
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
cling tenaciously to your wallet at all times.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #10
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
That sucks dude.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I had some fraudulent charges a couple months back, all overseas like in Norway and Denmark. I have Huntington and everything was taken care of.

Anyways a couple days after that I get a small package in the mail with what seemed to 8 Mary Jane seeds. So I passed them off to a friend who's friend grows. I ran into yesterday and he told me the seeds I gave him are growing and he's about to transport them from their small cups into his larger system haha. He seems to be pumped, and said the stuff that comes from that region is usually the best haha.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
time to get the shotgun and go hunting. lol just go around the area... check the internet. next bill that shows up head over there... hope thers a security camera... and there you go... you got a face

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #13
easyman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

if you wanted to you could prob find out who has been using your card based on the gas station surveillance tapes and the persons license plate.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #14
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

if you don't have the card on you then just tell them you thought you had it and you haven't used it for the past few days. make sure you tell them what your "real" last transaction was.

given your banking history/relationship and if your parents bank there as well, it shouldn't be a problem for them to fix that.

i've seen a lot worse.
      05-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

damn boost, so much shit happenin to u this month
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #16
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Da Man View Post
damn boost, so much shit happenin to u this month

Life's a roller coaster man. . . .

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #17
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Props to B of A. . . . this was pretty easy. Received a temporary credit for the amount that was fraudulent. . . something like 40 charges from May 7th/8th till last night. And now just waiting for their paper work to come through the mail.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #18
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
i had worse. $1200. learned my lesson to always put my wallet in the front pocket.
      05-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #19
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Good to hear they worked with you. Hopefully things will get better for you, you've had a lot shit happen recently.

My dad just told me someone had been charging using his business account. My mom has already had her ID theft a few years back. This shit sucks. They need to start giving the death penalty for this shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #20
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm3rc View Post
i had worse. $1200. learned my lesson to always put my wallet in the front pocket.
My friend lost her card or got stolen. The thief racked up closed to $5k and jewelry and what not. Don't ask me how or why people don't check for ID's, but this all happened less than 3hrs. Most likely the thief pawned every item and cashed out. Luckily my friend didn't have to pay a dime but did have to go through some crap with authority to prove everything was not her purchase. You'll be fine, I always believe life have to balance itself, things that are bad now just means good things will happen to you in near future.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

I love Bank of America...Sorry about the card
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #22
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
and all the charges are at starbucks, which I NEVER go to. . . . Taco Bell, which I also NEVER go to, or at least that often. . . and I NEVER pump gas at Mobil's or 76's, only Shell's and maybe twice a year at Chevron. I also wouldn't buy two full tanks of gas within the same day, or spend only 4 dollars filling up.

I hope they can see all this in their investigation.
Guessing the $4 filling up, is them buying cigarettes from the gas station.
Appreciate 0