E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > EX girlfriends

02-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
EX girlfriends

Is it true that ex girlfriends will always be "ex girlfriends" and not a friend? Because I always planned on being friends with her even if we broke up but now that it actually happened, I'm not sure what to think.. I honestly think shes the only woman that I could physically slap the shit out of.. What do you guys have to say about this.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Is it true that ex girlfriends will always be "ex girlfriends" and not a friend? Because I always planned on being friends with her even if we broke up but now that it actually happened, I'm not sure what to think.. I honestly think shes the only woman that I could physically slap the shit out of.. What do you guys have to say about this.
idk what you mean by that lol but i will answer your question. from alll of my ex's i am only friends with only 2 of them and only reason i am still friends with them because with both of them i lasted more than 6 months and after things were done between us i TOLD them i wanted to be friends with them and that was it. others are just hi and bye when i see them.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
idk what you mean by that lol but i will answer your question. from alll of my ex's i am only friends with only 2 of them and only reason i am still friends with them because with both of them i lasted more than 6 months and after things were done between us i TOLD them i wanted to be friends with them and that was it. others are just hi and bye when i see them.
haha, I mean that shes the only person in the world that makes me mad enough to slap.. We went out for almost 2 years and it wasn't just an physical relationship, it was a deep and meaningful.. But during the summer, all went downhill, over the bridge, under the bridge and back over the damn bridge for no apparent reason. I honestly don't care... I guess I just grew a neutral opinion on her, don't really give a shit anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Well, I ended up staying good friends with one of my not-so-serious ex's and we still hook up every now and then. Been like that for about 2 years now.

I guess it depends on how serious the relationship was.

Last edited by ZJP; 02-06-2009 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Well, I ended up staying good friends with one of my not-so-serious ex's and we still hook up every now and then. Been like that for about 2 years now.

I guess it depends on how serious the relationship was.
Haha ic.. well thats good to hear man, kudos to you. I'm still on the edge about the whole friendship thing, like I said before though I honestly don't care about her but I feel bad for some of my friends because over the past years some of them became good friends with her.. The relationship was special but it wasn't "serious serious", I mean we were only 19 and 20, how serious could it have gotten.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

i was really close to one of my ex's and still am. i dont know if you guys know what im talking about; but were still really good friends even though we only see each other a few times a year. on those occasions when we do meet up, its as if we hang out and talk every day. i dont know, she means a lot to me still and i have a feeling its mutual. weird how we dont need to see or talk to each other often to have that connection. great, now i miss her as i type this.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i was really close to one of my ex's and still am. i dont know if you guys know what im talking about; but were still really good friends even though we only see each other a few times a year. on those occasions when we do meet up, its as if we hang out and talk every day. i dont know, she means a lot to me still and i have a feeling its mutual. weird how we dont need to see or talk to each other often to have that connection. great, now i miss her as i type this.
hmmm... do you know if she is dating other guys? And if so have you seen her with any? This will change your whole perspective and up your level of hate so high the shit ceiling will collapse
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
hmmm... do you know if she is dating other guys? And if so have you seen her with any? This will change your whole perspective and up your level of hate so high the shit ceiling will collapse
oh yeah, shes living with her new boyfriend now. i havent seen her in about a year though so im not really sure whats new with her
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Russian325is
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E92

I'm actually friend with all of my ex's...
Now...it's more like "hey how are you doing?...let's go sex it."
We don't hang out like "friends" that often, although it does happen.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Haha all of you guys are saying you still have casual encounters with your ex's I don't see how....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #11
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I don't have any ex's that I'm still friends with. The only girl friends I have are ones that I haven't dated. lol

Honestly I think it depends on the person. Some people find it very weird to have slept with her and now just stay friends while others are fine with it. For me I can't just be friends with a girl yet still sleep with her from time to time. It's just freaking weird.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #12
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

nope, i'm not friends w/ the ex's. once its over, its over. first ex and i were just fuckin after we broke up, but now? old enough to move on i suppose. no intentions of wanting some ass u already had. u'll see the flaws, which is why relationships end, no need to say "lets break up and be friends" just doesn't work for me

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
all my ex's still love me and we're still good friends.
Well except for one.. .. ..
But it does take time for some. . .
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #14
Russian325is
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E92

Quote:
Haha all of you guys are saying you still have casual encounters with your ex's I don't see how....
Why not? It all depends on which terms you left the relationship. I usually cut it before it gets messy. One of them also cheated on me..that's the one that calls most of the time. Even engaged.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I only talk to the ones where it didn't last long or I had no feelings for..

I'm kind of a jealous guy.. it'd kill me to see my girl with a different guy
      02-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #16
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Not true, my ex girlfriend still wants to be my friend.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
I think there needs to be an initial period of time to get over the person.. unless you were never into her in the first place. It differs between relationships but most of the time one person or the other gets hurt. If she dumped you, then you'll have to go through the whole being sad, depressed, and pissed off stages. Once you overcome those steps, then I think it is possible to become friends with your ex. You know when you're ready when you see her with another guy and it just pisses you off or makes you feel uneasy or awkward. If that's the case, then you're not ready imo.

If you're the one that dumped her ass, then of course it'd be easier for you to want to remain friends, but she could be the one hurtin pissed off. Then you'd have to wait for her to go through the same post break up stages.

Either way I think you should let a year pass before the dumpee considers the possibility of being friends with the dumpee if that dumper wishes to remain as friends.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #18
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
haha, I mean that shes the only person in the world that makes me mad enough to slap.. We went out for almost 2 years and it wasn't just an physical relationship, it was a deep and meaningful.. But during the summer, all went downhill, over the bridge, under the bridge and back over the damn bridge for no apparent reason. I honestly don't care... I guess I just grew a neutral opinion on her, don't really give a shit anymore.
sounds like u still got emotions for this girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

for me, it's mixed. many of my ex-girlfriends, i have no desire to remain in contact with, and that's how it is. i still fuck a couple of my ex-girlfriends once in a while, but neither of them i really talk to on a regular basis. so remain friends...i don't know if you can call it that...but we're still able to fuck occasionally.

as far as maintaining a friendship like things were before the relationship, personally, i find it kinda awkward. if one of the parties inevitably decides to get out the violin and start reminiscing, the other person is left in that awkward situation similar to coyote arm. my 2 cents...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #20
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Once you overcome those steps, then I think it is possible to become friends with your ex. You know when you're ready when you see her with another guy and it just pisses you off or makes you feel uneasy or awkward. If that's the case, then you're not ready imo.
What if the person she is seeing was one of your best friends? There has been occasions where my friends have seen them together holding hands, shopping, eating, etc. It's not so much that I have feelings for her, because trust me the only thing I would shove up her vajayjay is a fucking snake so she feels how it is to get eaten from inside out. And the fucked up part about it is that my friend was the one I was talking to/ venting about when the ex and I broke up. So he knew EXACTLY what kind of shit hole I was stuck in, and get this during this month period or so he actually flew to NY while telling everybody he was going to cali because of some family issues.. One of my friends saw them walking together holding hands and shit, I'm actually glad that happened because it was easier for me to get over her and I wouldnt want a bitch ass friend that like anyways.

/rant
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
What if the person she is seeing was one of your best friends? There has been occasions where my friends have seen them together holding hands, shopping, eating, etc. It's not so much that I have feelings for her, because trust me the only thing I would shove up her vajayjay is a fucking snake so she feels how it is to get eaten from inside out. And the fucked up part about it is that my friend was the one I was talking to/ venting about when the ex and I broke up. So he knew EXACTLY what kind of shit hole I was stuck in, and get this during this month period or so he actually flew to NY while telling everybody he was going to cali because of some family issues.. One of my friends saw them walking together holding hands and shit, I'm actually glad that happened because it was easier for me to get over her and I wouldnt want a bitch ass friend that like anyways.

/rant
Yowza! Sounds like they were meant for each other, hmmph.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
You can try to be friends after the fact, but from past experiences if u got serious w/ the girl (were together 1+ yrs?) then i'd avoid trying to be friends. Shit will probably get nasty pretty quick, especially if you share a group of friends with the girl (this was the case for me anyway)

I got an ex i dated 3 yrs, been broken up 2.5... We are just now being civil towards one another i doubt we will ever hang out again. I really wanted to strangle the bitch after she started sleeping with a kid in like half my classes a couple weeks after we broke uip, but life goes on.
LOl
Appreciate 0