E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

06-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #67
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I haven't seen the whole card yet but I saw the main event, Chuck v Franklin. Looks like Chuck underestimated Franklin and got caught. He looked a lot bigger and was fairly aggressive, scoring points the whole time but Rich Franklin was taking it. I think Chuck's chin has been weakened and he needs to be more cautious of getting caught because he's been KO'd a few times now but at least he went out swinging. He really needs to be more elusive but I had Chuck winning that 1st round comfortably until he got knocked out. To be honest, I feel similarly about Rich Franklin, every time he gets caught I have flash backs of his devastating defeats against Silva and Belfort. The Chuck Liddell fight was a good fight for Rich at 205, I hope he is successful at this weight class, until Silva decides to move up
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #68
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
overall it was a great card. chuck was def looking old, his speed was kinda there but i didnt see too much power in most punches. Franklin also looked a bit out dated, to me this was the worst fight of the night. i hope chuck retires, his chin is not what it used to be and its kinda sad to see him get knocked out like that over and over
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #69
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I agree that he should consider retirement but I think he wants to prove himself in the UFC after the long absence. I also don't think his fights in the UFC will get much easier unless he takes a dive in the competition he faces. I wonder who Rich Franklin will fight next? Maybe Rampage Jackson?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #70
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #71
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I agree that he should consider retirement but I think he wants to prove himself in the UFC after the long absence. I also don't think his fights in the UFC will get much easier unless he takes a dive in the competition he faces. I wonder who Rich Franklin will fight next? Maybe Rampage Jackson?
WTF does he have to prove?! He's a HOF fighter, the guy has absolutely nothing to prove, he's just past his prime. He needs to swallow his pride and retire, not end up like the douchebag shamrock. You start looking stupid and people lose respect when you keep trying to come back and reclaim what was once yours when you were younger, faster and stronger.
      06-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #72
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Loved the crocop vs barry fight. Such a fun fight to watch. Too bad Barry's had got messed up. Notice he couldn't use it at all in the 3rd round. Crocop wants money lol. Great to see him opening up a bit more.

Iceman vs Rich. Rich still got it in him, a few fights at least. Chuck is finished, his last few performances were not great. He's a HoF and respect for that but his time is unfortunately up.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #73
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I agree that Chuck has nothing to prove and could retire but he still has a passion to fight and reclaim the title. I think he is well past his prime too and the competition has become tougher so he's got his work cut out for him. I don't see him making the top 5 in the LHW division, we'll see how his next couple fights go.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #74
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
i dont think chuck is in the top10 in the LHW division, just about every division is stacked w/ extremely talented fighters and Chuck is just past his prime, its sad to see someone who dominated like he did, get knocked out over and over and over

the cro cop and barry fight was great, these dudes have so much respect for each other. i mean, have you ever seen two fighters hug in the middle of the round? great fight but cro cops kicks to the mid and lower sections took the power out of barry

the condit vs mcdonald fight was epic

sux danzig got screwed, the only bad thing in an overall great night of fights
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #75
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
also noticed they annouced Silva vs Sonnen for Aug 7th, cant wait for that
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #76
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Watched the fight again last night. I didn't know Rich Franklin broke his arm in half during the fight, what a legend. Some of the guys in the TUF series are so weak in comparison. He said he would have kept fighting the 3 rounds too.

I just watched some of the Q&A video with Sonnen. He started out fairly cocky but the constant questions about his fight with Anderson Silva really started to strain on him. He admitted that he can only win the fight (maybe) on the ground and if it stays on his feet he's gonna get his ass kicked. I don't think it was easy for him to swallow because he usually seems so cocky.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #77
choicez
Major
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #78
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Just watched the rest of the Q&A with Sonnen. Sonnen is a douche: http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=4645 and also http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/14/15...n-silva-is-the

This guy knows what he is talking about:
Sonnen should stick to politics. His skills at making idiots laugh are more suited for that profession. Consider this quote; “he [Silva] doesn’t come from a bowing culture, bow in Brazil, and they hit you over the head and take your whallet” –If Sonnen was smart enough he would already know that crime rates in Rio de Janero are lower that those in Chicago (although I doubt Sonnen could muster enough intelegence to research anything). Stupid quips aside, Sonnen is a complete racist–(coincidentaly(?) not uncommon in the Republican party).

Sonnen displays in this comedy a breathtaking ignorance of global culture; he clearly thinks that Silva’s native toungue is Spanish (Portugese is spoken in Brazil, not spanish).

Not only is Sonnen making a fool out if himself in this pre-fight crowd pleasing, the humiliation will be doubly dealt when Silva knocks him the f*ck out. Sonnen can’t stop mentioning that he believes that Silva hasn’t fought many worthy advarsaries, and this is, presumably, where Sonnen will come in. I wonder if Sonnen has ever looked has Silva’s MMA record (seriously). Out of thirty matches, Silva has four losses; the first was his first MMA fight, the second was a legit loss on all counts, the third was a totally unusual and likely-never-to-happen-again “flying scissor heel hook” by a Japenese fighter who was getting his ass horribly kicked before he landed his lucky annomaly, and the fourth was a disqualification when Silva kicked his opponent (who was on his knees) when he was on his back. So, if we are to be honest about Silva’s record, it’s utterly good, with only a couple serious defeats (the last one occuring in 2006). Sonnen, on the contrary, has lost ten out of twenty-four fights; two of which, where by opponents (Maia and Griffin) that got completely wasted by Silva. The only fighter that Sonnen won but Silva lost is Yushin Okami. This is the fighter that Silva lost to by disqualification, and before he was disqualified, he was walking the floor with Okami (watch the video online, Okami had no chance). By all counts Silva’s MMA reccord dwarfs Sonnen’s. Those who think otherwise are apparently incapable of accessing Wikipedia.

Sonnen has demonstrated his ability to make people laugh. But on August 7, they will be laughing for an altogether different reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #79
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
think Sonnen is just trying to get under the skin on Silva, but what a stupid strategy, thats one of the last people i would want to piss off

should be an interesting fight because completely diff styles
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #80
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think Sonnen is simply trying to get his name out there because this will be his 25 minutes of fame, if it gets that far. Silva isn't one to promote a fight either, he's usually pretty quiet, doesn't engage in smack talk all that often, he goes in and does his business. His last fight was completely out of character. I've been reading that Ed Soares said Silva wanted to retire by 35 and he is already past that. Apparently he's going into retirement after his last few contracted fights with the UFC, I think only 5 left, so he really wants to fight all the top guys before this happens. Maybe this is why he was offended by the Maia match up? Also, I've been reading that after retiring from mma Silva will fight Roy Jones Jnr in a boxing match.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #81
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

You guys gonna watch TUF finale on Saturday? I thought it was a pretty good season with some brutal injuries throughout, starting with the gnarliest broken nose I've ever seen in the last opening fight. Watching that show really makes me appreciate and respect what these fighters go through to scratch out a living. I'll be rooting for McGee. What do you guys think?

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #82
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
You guys gonna watch TUF finale on Saturday? I thought it was a pretty good season with some brutal injuries throughout, starting with the gnarliest broken nose I've ever seen in the last opening fight. Watching that show really makes me appreciate and respect what these fighters go through to scratch out a living. I'll be rooting for McGee. What do you guys think?
Yeh I've watched a few seasons of TUF now. Court is the favourite and Kris is paying good money, it'll be an interesting fight. I think Court will take it out though.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #83
choicez
Major
Rep

Not really UFC but Fedor finally loses. Stunning upset! Gracious in defeat tho.

I bet Dana White is laughing his ass off.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #84
choicez
Major
Rep

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/fed...ce/#more-12614
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #85
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I personally think Fedor is highly overrated but I was still shocked to see him go down like that. Pretty devastating loss. Overeem would be spewing!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #86
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
I personally think Fedor is highly overrated but I was still shocked to see him go down like that. Pretty devastating loss. Overeem would be spewing!
ive watched a lot of Fedor fights and i wouldnt go as far to say overrated but there is a lot of hype behind the guy but normally he meets it

i could not believe he went to the ground w/ Fabricio. let him get back up and knock him out, why risk it against one of the best bjj heavy weights in the world

think Overeem is happy, he gets to avenge his only loss but im sure he wanted to be the one to hand out Fedor his first loss. I wonder if indeed there will be a rematch before Overeem fights Fabricio
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #87
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
ive watched a lot of Fedor fights and i wouldnt go as far to say overrated but there is a lot of hype behind the guy but normally he meets it

i could not believe he went to the ground w/ Fabricio. let him get back up and knock him out, why risk it against one of the best bjj heavy weights in the world

think Overeem is happy, he gets to avenge his only loss but im sure he wanted to be the one to hand out Fedor his first loss. I wonder if indeed there will be a rematch before Overeem fights Fabricio
I think Fedor was dominant back in Pride days, he fought the best fighters in their prime but he's been avoiding the big fights for years now. I think he's going to retire after the next fight too. Anyways, if Fedor was the real deal today I'm sure he would have signed up with the UFC but I'd probably put Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez and Dosantos before him.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #88
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, undefeated (other than DQ) in his whole career and went thru Pride GPs taking no prisoners. Really overrated.

TUF noob.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0