E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #221
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I hope BJ changes camps...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #222
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
think that will be a great fight, it was also annouced Sonnen vs Silva 2 in Jan
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #223
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I am excited!!!!
Last nights season premier showed far better talent than other seasons! Should be an interesting house to say the least!
      09-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #224
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
Really?

I'm a huge Silva fan and this really pisses me off because he won that fight legitimately. He finished Sonnen in the 5th round with a submission so I don't understand how that justifies an immediate rematch in Sonnen's favour. If anything, if Silva lost the fight in the 1st round, by decision or whatever means he deserves a rematch. Silva doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the champ for years and defended his title time and time again.

Full credit to Sonnen bringing it to Silva but I hope Silva comes into this fight 100% with no injuries because we'll see him at his best. Hopefully he KO's Sonnen before he gets taken down but that might be asking too much.

I don't see the point in this rematch. I'm not saying it should never happen but I think there are others who deserve it more than Sonnen at the moment. Sonnen had his chance and he lost. End of story. He should wait in line again. If Silva wins again it does not prove anything. I think UFC is trying to squeeze every cent out of this fight.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #225
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Really?

I'm a huge Silva fan and this really pisses me off because he won that fight legitimately. He finished Sonnen in the 5th round with a submission so I don't understand how that justifies an immediate rematch in Sonnen's favour. If anything, if Silva lost the fight in the 1st round, by decision or whatever means he deserves a rematch. Silva doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the champ for years and defended his title time and time again.

Full credit to Sonnen bringing it to Silva but I hope Silva comes into this fight 100% with no injuries because we'll see him at his best. Hopefully he KO's Sonnen before he gets taken down but that might be asking too much.

I don't see the point in this rematch. I'm not saying it should never happen but I think there are others who deserve it more than Sonnen at the moment. Sonnen had his chance and he lost. End of story. He should wait in line again. If Silva wins again it does not prove anything. I think UFC is trying to squeeze every cent out of this fight.
Who cares who is in favor or when they fight, if Silva is a better fighter he will win again, if Sonnen is better he will prevail this time, what are you worried about? You act as tho Sonnen hasnt had to fight in over a year with no injuries and has trained for that year and Silva only had 4 months between last fight and this one. They both have the same amount of time to prepare for this fight.

The rematch is to prove who is a better fighter! That is it! Sonnen beat the ever living crap outa Silva, it wasnt even close, that is the only way to beat Silva; to smother him, if you give him reach he will pick you apart and ultimately either ko you or submit you. Silva is a master at showing his opponents weakness, that is what he does! Sonnen on the other hand is a non stop brutalizing machine who will catch you if yo blink!
GL to the better fighter - THAT NIGHT!
      09-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #226
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Really?

This is just dumb!

Why wouldnt they have a rematch? Silva hasnt had an exciting fight in over a year or so besides Sonnen. This is entertainment remember??? I think Silva is a great fighter and very talented, but no one wants to see a douche bag dance around the ring for 5 rounds and win by decision because he landed 5 punches compaired to his oppenents 2. The whole crowd was into the Sonnen fight, everybody watching at home thought they were gonna see an upset, a rematch will just bring in more money.... its called a business.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #227
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
This is just dumb!

Why wouldnt they have a rematch? Silva hasnt had an exciting fight in over a year or so besides Sonnen. This is entertainment remember??? I think Silva is a great fighter and very talented, but no one wants to see a douche bag dance around the ring for 5 rounds and win by decision because he landed 5 punches compaired to his oppenents 2. The whole crowd was into the Sonnen fight, everybody watching at home thought they were gonna see an upset, a rematch will just bring in more money.... its called a business.
My man! what you think about last night's uf?
      09-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #228
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
My man! what you think about last night's uf?
I was impressed!!! A couple guys look really tough! I wonder how they pick the match ups for those opening round fights?

GSP isnt exactly made for television haha... Josh all about entertainment, and then you have GSP who just says "uhh they both grappled very good" hahahha. It should be a good season though

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #229
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
This is just dumb!

I guess we'll just have to see what happens come January. As far as I'm concerned Silva v Sonnen has been done already. I'd much rather see Silva fight Belfort or another stand up fighter.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #230
Alpine335TT
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 M-Sport 335i

Quote:
This is just dumb!

+1.. I can't wait to see this rematch! No one else has been able to take it to Silva like that..

On another note.. wow.. TUF looks to be great this season.. for me it already outdid the last season by leaps and bounds in the first 30 min alone. All of the fighters have that killer instinct I like to see. And I've said it before, I love it when fights are FINISHED!!

MISCHIEF.TV
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #231
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Why the Silva Sonnen rematch?

A) money (we all know what Dana's #1 priority is)
B) no one else has taken to Silva like that
C) I think they still trying to sort out who deserves the next shot. There are several at 185 right now that are serious contenders.

I think they should have aimed for late Nov or early Dec though.

Good fights last night though! How about that 20 year old from Brazil! First guy that young I've seen with that much skill level.
      09-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #232
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Well BMW86, you may get your wish! Sonnen failed his drug test after the Silva fight so I dont think hes gonna be fightin anytime soon, and definitely not for the title.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CSA...-UFC-117-26978

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #233
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Well BMW86, you may get your wish! Sonnen failed his drug test after the Silva fight so I dont think hes gonna be fightin anytime soon, and definitely not for the title.

Just read the 2 hours ago lol!!! With this happening, I wonder if Dana will comment on this. Possible Belfort vs Silva matchup now?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #234
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Just read the 2 hours ago lol!!! With this happening, I wonder if Dana will comment on this. Possible Belfort vs Silva matchup now?
My mate message me just to tell me this yesterday. I'm really annoyed about this situation. I'm not sure what UFC will do with Sonnen now. Some are predicting a 12 month ban with $2500 fine and others want him out of UFC. I'd hate to be in Dana's shoes right now.

UFC can't have drug cheats competing especially in title fights. What if Sonnen had won? I don't know what substance it was exactly but it was definitely performance enhancing which is a big disappointment. So much for all the smack talk from Sonnen
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #235
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
It happens to a lot of fighters and they get shots down the road.

Josh Barnett has been caught a couple of times.
Stephan Bonnar was caught.
Sean Shrek was caught.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #236
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
Good fights last night though! How about that 20 year old from Brazil! First guy that young I've seen with that much skill level.
man, I know. that kid was ridiculous, I didnt know much about him, except his sick BJJ so I thought he would lose to Efrain since he has great stand up. But he made him look kinda silly on the feet, he was on point, near perfect. And he def proved his BJJ is second to none by pulling out the choke lighting fast

really excited about this season tuf, all prelim fights were pretty good. I like the bruce leroy dude, he seems funny and was surprised how good he was

sux to hear about Sonnen failing the drug test, I agree that he didnt deserve the rematch right away but its a business and that fight would have brought more money than any other, so it was a no brainer for Dana. We'll see what happens now. Vitor, I thought should have been next, that will not be a boring fight
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #237
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

What would you all like to see happen with Sonnen now?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #238
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
What would you all like to see happen with Sonnen now?
Well I would like to hear what it was that he actually failed for, but either way its still a banned substance. Someone posted earlier that he should possibly be out of the UFC, I dont think that will happen. Shaun Sherk ended up only be suspended for 6 months, so I see Sonnens suspension lasting a year at most.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #239
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Well I would like to hear what it was that he actually failed for, but either way its still a banned substance. Someone posted earlier that he should possibly be out of the UFC, I dont think that will happen. Shaun Sherk ended up only be suspended for 6 months, so I see Sonnens suspension lasting a year at most.
If he gets 6 months that's hardly a punishment IMHO. Top contenders usually need at least 4 months between fights anyway so if that's the case he's not being hard done by. He would still miss his title fight in January next year but I think he should be stripped of his chance of a rematch regardless. Time will tell. Good luck to Dana!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #240
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
If he gets 6 months that's hardly a punishment IMHO. Top contenders usually need at least 4 months between fights anyway so if that's the case he's not being hard done by. He would still miss his title fight in January next year but I think he should be stripped of his chance of a rematch regardless. Time will tell. Good luck to Dana!
I agree that 6 months isnt enough, I forget why Sherk won his appeal and got his reduced from 1 year to 6 months. I think 1 year is a good suspension period, and you're right he definitely shouldnt get the rematch again as his first fight back. I think at least 2 fights minimum to get back up to the title shot.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #241
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I agree that 6 months isnt enough, I forget why Sherk won his appeal and got his reduced from 1 year to 6 months. I think 1 year is a good suspension period, and you're right he definitely shouldnt get the rematch again as his first fight back. I think at least 2 fights minimum to get back up to the title shot.
Good call. I agree, 12 months + win at least 2 fights minimum before he gets an opportunity at the belt.

I'm interested to hear what Sonnen has to say in response to this as I've heard he's making an appeal.

The winner of Okami v Belfort gets Silva next.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #242
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
GSP came thru w/ his strategy and coaching this last episode, glad that punk ass dude tapped out after saying he would just go to sleep and never tap, yea right....
Appreciate 0