E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

12-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #2201
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #2202
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
I don't think you understand what the word "fluke" means. Chris dominated the fight in strikes and take downs. So please explain your fluke.

That's like saying the 2013 NY Giants are THE best football team except for a few flukes.

Chris won in dominant fashion like he has for 9 of his fights and the Spider is done.
I've seen misbelievers all over the past 14 hours. Weidman is for real and I cant believe Silva fans still have their pom poms out. Its like their cheering thinking Silva is gonna come running out and bust through a big paper picture of himself and start doing cart wheels in a pink tutu. I mean...If Silva was real he would have KO'ed Weidman in the first round of the rematch. He didnt, which tell me he was unable to. During that round he happened to come so close to getting knocked out his eyes rolled, he went limp momentarily, then got beat up from the bottom pretty good.

But yeah all that was a fluke....Give me a break. Silva is done, at least for a very long time.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #2203
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek99civic View Post
Still don't think Weidman solidified his title. Yes he won the 1st match but Anderson Silva was being cocky and asked for the KO. This time around Weidman did check Silva's kicks very well but I highly doubt that he did this thinking it would end the fight as it did. It was a fluke. I believe we still don't know if Weidman can take the champ. Yes he did have an advantage in the first round but as any UFC fan knows, Silva often is slow in the first rounds.

We will see how long he can defend the title especially against the hungry Victor Belfort!
Fluke? Are you referring to the leg break, or the 2 wins? If you're referring to CW's 2 wins, in the 4 rounds they've fought, Silva has not won a single round. AKA, total shutout.

As for checking the kicks, I guess you didn't read about CW's training, where they specifically practiced the technique to cause pain to the recipient. CW surely didn't think the outcome would be as so, but I'm sure he did intend it to cause pain and discomfort

Quote:
I don't think you understand what the word "fluke" means. Chris dominated the fight in strikes and take downs. So please explain your fluke.

That's like saying the 2013 NY Giants are THE best football team except for a few flukes.

Chris won in dominant fashion like he has for 9 of his fights and the Spider is done.
Agreed. Regretfully, AS is done, there's no way he's coming back from this. Fucking UFC spreading propaganda saying recovery is avg 3-6 months.
      12-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #2204
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

RR vs Miseha easily best fight of the night,RR judo is just too good right now....
      12-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #2205
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Yes Anderson is done, he had a great run, you can't take anything from the guy at his peak he was great,untouchable!!! now its time to step back and let these others guys thrive...just remember at some point in every fighters carreer they loose...everyone will loose and it dosent matter how great they are, go back in history and look at all the great ones, time catches everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #2206
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Yes Anderson is done, he had a great run, you can't take anything from the guy at his peak he was great,untouchable!!! now its time to step back and let these others guys thrive...just remember at some point in every fighters carreer they loose...everyone will loose and it dosent matter how great they are, go back in history and look at all the great ones, time catches everyone.
AS kinda screwed himself over the first match, shouldve fought it seriously and maybe couldve won the fight. whats done is done, time to move on
      12-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #2207
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
AS kinda screwed himself over the first match, shouldve fought it seriously and maybe couldve won the fight. whats done is done, time to move on
Maybe he could have, he had a great run though, like all the great fighters before him. When I was a kid I thought RJ junior was invincible but he got caught, age does that.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #2208
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

The fight card for ufc 168 was pretty rad. From start till the co-main event, everything was pretty spectacular.

Hall and Johnson's performance, Miller's sub, RR's endurance in 2 extra unknown territory and Browne's elbows were amazing.

I seriously don't get how ppl can hate RR. I guess american fans don't like people being straight faced and direct. RR didn't shake Miesha's hand at the end cuz she disrespected her coaches and friends. She considers her coaches n friends as family. In her eyes, Miesha disrespected her family. It isn't fucking rocket science.

As for the main event, I already had a feeling this was gonna be Silva's last fight. I was rooting for him but I didn't mind so much who won the fight as long as it was a good bout. rd1 to me was chris getting the upper hand but Silva recovering well. rd2 saw Silva picking up the pace in the standup department and when things started getting better, the broken bone happened. Freak accident and it really sucks how the fight ended. Seeing a GOAT go out like that is just wrong, he didn't even get finished by his opponent......... If that didn't happen, I'm sure we would have saw a few more rds of pure excitement.

This year is no doubt the end of an era in the UFC. The old lions are gone now. The promotion in my eyes just got a whole lot weaker with out the top 2 P4P guys in the sport. GSP and SILVA.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #2209
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

Rousey's judo skill is pretty invincible. She basically took miesha down with ease from every bad angle and position she was in. Reminded me of Akiyama.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #2210
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:

^i agree...

it's not CW fault that Silva was being obnoxiously cocky in the first fight and got his ass knocked out. CW was clearly dominating the second fight...i also expected him to KO Silva this time around as well. can't take anything away from Silva as he'll obviously go down as one of the greatest of all time...but CW beat him TWICE.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2211
san~man
Tired
Rep

Rewatched the 2nd round a few times (gotta love the sherdog leg humpers that said AS was "taking over" and finding his range lol)

Silva basically landed 3 leg kicks, and pretty much nothing else. Maybe 1 jab, 2 at most, but it looked like it they both whiffed

1st leg kick, 4:42 of the fight, inside LEFT leg kick above CW's left leg. Dunno how this was the kick that cause the initial "fracture" or pre-break (as stated by AS's corner after the fight), as it didn't appear to hit on the knee area at all. Looks to have hit well above the knee on the meaty area of his leg.

2nd leg kick, 4:15 of the fight, RIGHT outside leg kick to CW left leg, checked by CW on the outside shin area.

3rd leg kick, 3:48 of the fight, LEFT inside leg kick to CW left leg, checked by CW on the lower knee area, end of fight.
      12-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #2212
ek99civic
BMW Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:

By fluke I mean something that happened out of luck or just happened. You could have googled this.

He dominated 1 round with 2 take downs. He checked silvas leg to discourage Silva from throwing leg kicks as does any fighter.

To say the giants are the best is compiling a whole season of wins as opposed to one game. As I am saying this one move in one fight is a fluke; not how Anderson Silva is the best fighter or not!.

I too believe Silva is done and if he isn't I hope he considers otherwise. He is a 40 yr old man that doesn't have anymore to prove and this might be his start of performance decline. Start and finish on top.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #2213
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Dominic Cruz pulled his groin. He's out of the damn unification title bout!!!

Renan Barao vs Faber II is the replacement fight.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 03:40 AM   #2214
san~man
Tired
Rep

Ya, just read that, that fucking sucks
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #2215
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Shame about Cruz. He should have vacated the belt a long time ago. He's run into a lot of bad luck with injuries. I think Faber is worthy of the title shot but I think he needs a full training camp to have any chance at all.

Also read that people close to AS want him to fight GSP upon his return. Fight doesn't make a lot of sense but it would still be great to see, maybe at a 178 catchweight? http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/reps-wa...on-ufc-return/
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:03 AM   #2216
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yeah I was really hoping to see the Cruz vs Barao fight He fucking overtrained in camp again -_-;

If AS does come back for the remainder of his contract, 8 more fights? I'd like to see him have dream matches with different fighters between 185-205. Forget the title. Have him against guys like Roy Jr (boxing mma?), Nick Diaz, Cung Le, Bisping etc. Guys that always wanted to fight him but never could get to the top.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #2217
EURO-SCHNELL
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS

Garage List
Brock Lesnar returning to MMA?????
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #2218
san~man
Tired
Rep

Cowboy!!!! God damn

Bendo , the Punk beat you with one bad hand. Bendo's starting to become a boring fighter, which is sad.

GG, shame on you for gassing after the 1st round.
      01-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #2219
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
cowboy looked great once again, nasty kick

I thought Bendo won but it was really close but no doubt, if Josh doesn't break his hand, no way he loses

Great fight w/ Bruce lee roy and Sergio Pettis
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #2220
san~man
Tired
Rep

Spoilers:

Varner / Trujillo, man what an ending. Didn't see that coming at all!

Reem / Mir, was rooting for Mir, but I think he may be at the end of his career. Sad to think how good he would have been had he not broken his leg long ago.

Aldo / Lamas, expected that outcome but props to Lamas for absorbing those leg kicks and he still kept coming

Barao / Faber, although Faber was hurt, I thought it was an early stoppage.
      02-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #2221
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Spoilers:

Varner / Trujillo, man what an ending. Didn't see that coming at all!

Reem / Mir, was rooting for Mir, but I think he may be at the end of his career. Sad to think how good he would have been had he not broken his leg long ago.

Aldo / Lamas, expected that outcome but props to Lamas for absorbing those leg kicks and he still kept coming

Barao / Faber, although Faber was hurt, I thought it was an early stoppage.
Varner vs Trujillo was a barn burner with a crazy finish lol. Throwing caution out the wind!

Overeem did the right thing. Mir really does have the ability to submit someone when he's completely fucked. Plus Reem really needed a W. Smart move and everyone knows he could have gassed and had a very high likelyhood to knock Mir out. I doubt Mir will be cut but who does he fight now?

Aldo vs Lamas was a good fight. I bit slow cuz Aldo was quite cautious but he was solid I think. Fact he checked 95% of Lamas's kicks is pretty darn impressive. The weight cut does seem to have him gas. I wonder how he'd be at lightweight.......

Barao vs Faber we all know was stopped a little too early but man, Barao is a BEAST. He really does keep getting better and better. I'm sure Faber will challenger for the title before his time is up in the ufc. He's just that talented!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:04 AM   #2222
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Great card. I thought Reem played a smart fight. He looked a lot leaner without the TRT. Aldo looked good but lamas never gave up. I thought the Faber stoppage was premature but Barao was going to win that anyway. I can't see him losing he's a vicious fighter.
Appreciate 0