E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > im so freaking done for. . . . im so freaking done for

05-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #45
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

I was once a teenager.........."a negligent driver in the state of California"

You will eventually grow up.....and be a more responsible driver........trust me......

we all do..............
      05-11-2008, 02:45 AM   #46
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
damn, I have always thought that cops rarely patrol the toll roads.. ha, i've never seen one .. what time of day was it? and which freeway exactly? was it CHP or local sheriff/police?

regardless, you should show up to court that day and pray the cop doesn't show up.. that's an automatic win.
dude, the CHP is ALL over the socal toll roads.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 03:09 AM   #47
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I've used Tixnix a couple of times since I couldn't go to driving school - still had to pay the fine but they got it so no points went on my record. Cost me around 100 bucks each time I had to use them.

http://www.tixnix.com
________
Honda VTX1300CX
________
CX500
________
Global Electric Motorcars
________
Hornet

Last edited by stimpy; 02-18-2011 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 05:11 AM   #48
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
he pretty much eyed me going that fast and barely radar'd me at the end just to make sure he was right. I was in the far right lane, he was all the way on the left side, under a bridge that cast a pitch black shadow
Hmmm, he "eyed" you going at a certain speed and he could tell you were going over 65mph?

This is a slam-dunk for you in court - you have PM, btw
      05-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #49
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
pulled over today. . . . . ticketed for 95+ on the toll road. Fuck. .. . . . i might get my license suspended. My insurance was already fucked, now its just going to be insane.
...with all the above at risk you decide to speed anyway man up and take responsibility
      05-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #50
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
sorry to hear bro. no valentine1??
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #51
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

why don't you say your friend tried to hang himself or something like that...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #52
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
wait, wait. . . . . so I can go to regular traffic school then?!?! Because it's been about 2 years since then!
Yes you can since it has been over 18 months. Traffic school is a program that allows certain moving violators to receive instruction in driving and traffic safety. A court may refer you to a Traffic Violators program at any time. However, California Vehicle Code Section 1808.7 mandates that only one citation in an eighteen (18) month period be masked from public view on your driving record. The eighteen (18) month period is calculated from citation/violation date, not class attendance date.

I just signed up today for an online traffic school for a speeding ticket. Once you a letter from the courthouse you are to appear at, it will have the Citation No. and website you visit. In my case it was www.lasuperiorcourt.org. In your case, I believe you visit http://www.occourts.org/traffic/.

You have to first take care of the fix-it items on your car (e.g., tinted windows, no front plate, etc.). You must submit proof of correction for any mechanical, registration, driver's license or insurance violations. Citations that contain ONLY these types or violations are not eligible for traffic school.

Then you have three online options:

1) Request an extension on the due date
2) Pay the ticket
3) Attend traffic school

To attend traffic school, both the citation bail amount and a non-refundable administrative fee must be paid before the court allows enrollment. Traffic school fees are non-refundable. The traffic school will charge you an additional fee to attend their program.

Here, visit this link:

http://www.occourts.org/traffic/tsweb.asp

Attending traffic school will erase this last citation of your record, and you won't have to worry about your car insurance rate going up.

The online traffic schools are now required by the State of California to have timers on their websites that assure that you have "attended" for a total of 8 hours (I believe). The traffic school I signed up for was under 20 bucks.

p.s. I too had a V1, but the volume was turned down and wasn't paying attention. I was going 60 mph in a 45 zone driving downhill on Crenshaw Blvd from Palos Verdes. The bail amount (including the e-Public Access fee) was $312.00, which then allowed me to sign up for the traffic school.
      05-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #53
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Here's the list of traffic school HOME programs:

http://lasuperiorcourt.org/Traffic/t...homestudylist/
      05-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #54
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
Yes you can since it has been over 18 months. Traffic school is a program that allows certain moving violators to receive instruction in driving and traffic safety. A court may refer you to a Traffic Violators program at any time. However, California Vehicle Code Section 1808.7 mandates that only one citation in an eighteen (18) month period be masked from public view on your driving record. The eighteen (18) month period is calculated from citation/violation date, not class attendance date.

I just signed up today for an online traffic school for a speeding ticket. Once you a letter from the courthouse you are to appear at, it will have the Citation No. and website you visit. In my case it was www.lasuperiorcourt.org. In your case, I believe you visit http://www.occourts.org/traffic/.

You have to first take care of the fix-it items on your car (e.g., tinted windows, no front plate, etc.). You must submit proof of correction for any mechanical, registration, driver's license or insurance violations. Citations that contain ONLY these types or violations are not eligible for traffic school.

Then you have three online options:

1) Request an extension on the due date
2) Pay the ticket
3) Attend traffic school

To attend traffic school, both the citation bail amount and a non-refundable administrative fee must be paid before the court allows enrollment. Traffic school fees are non-refundable. The traffic school will charge you an additional fee to attend their program.

Here, visit this link:

http://www.occourts.org/traffic/tsweb.asp

Attending traffic school will erase this last citation of your record, and you won't have to worry about your car insurance rate going up.

The online traffic schools are now required by the State of California to have timers on their websites that assure that you have "attended" for a total of 8 hours (I believe). The traffic school I signed up for was under 20 bucks.

p.s. I too had a V1, but the volume was turned down and wasn't paying attention. I was going 60 mph in a 45 zone driving downhill on Crenshaw Blvd from Palos Verdes. The bail amount (including the e-Public Access fee) was $312.00, which then allowed me to sign up for the traffic school.
good info... i'm pretty sure it wasnt 8 hours. it took me about 6 hours and that was because i kept dicking around. pretty sure i could have finished in 4 or 4 1/2 hours. each slide makes you wait like 5 or 10 seconds in order to move on to the next slide.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #55
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
Attorney... No other options IMO. They have done wonders for me. Best of luck bro! If you decide to sell your car, send me a PM!!! Just joking, good luck!
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #56
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by J BONE View Post
Attorney... No other options IMO. They have done wonders for me. Best of luck bro! If you decide to sell your car, send me a PM!!! Just joking, good luck!
+1 on the lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #57
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem, hope it works out for you. Here's a site I used to fight a moving violation ticket successfully http://www.ticketassassin.com
so far, this seems like my best option, and the one I'll probably be opting for.

Basic plan:

1)Get as many extensions as possible

2)Then submit a "Trial by Written Declaration" paper
Hope the officers doesnt submit his papers in time (they get paid 200-300 to show up in court, but get paid nothing to submit these time consuming papers)

3)If he does submit the papers, then I await either a guiltly or not guilty verdict by the judge or commissioner viewing the case. If he doesn't submit his papers in time ( a 30% chance that he doesn't), then the case is dismissed (which is the absolute ultimate out come in my favor)

4)If ruling is "not guilty" then, yay, I go about my business. If the ruling is "guilty" then I physically appear in court to challenge the verdict, where I get one more chance to defend myself.

5) At this point, I will either use Tixnix.com to supply me with a lawyer and such, or defend myself in court.

In court, I'm not sure whether or not I'm eligible for traffic school because the speed I was "caught" traveling at, and because I've received a ticket within the past 18 months. If in fact the traffic school system allows you to enroll based on the last date of attendance, then I should be fine, since the last time I attended traffic school was over 2 years ago.

This case is going to be extra hard to fight since I have other speeding convictions and because of the claimed speed I was traveling upon being caught. But what I was thinking was, how about the people who try and fight red light camera tickets? What better/more evidence against them is there then a damn picture of their car, at the light. So if they can manage to fight cases, even with that kind of evidence, I think I might be able to argue this case as well.

Upon being pulled over, I gave the officer NOTHING to remember me by. I took a gamble and decided to save the fighting and arguing for court/papers. The chances of being let off for that ticket by the officer were slim, so I gave no lip, no extra questions. . . . nothing, just straight business and everything in his favor.

It went like this: I pulled over, put all my windows down, turned the car and music off, and put my hands together on my lap.

Officer: Trying to evade me huh?
Me: No, I would never do that and I've been pulled over before with no history of anything of that nature
Officer: Well didnt you see me point at you and turn my lights on?
Me: Honestly officer, No I didnt, and I mean that.
Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: Honestly officer I know people BS you all day about this type of stuff so I'm not evening going to waste your time, but in all honesty, no I wasn't looking at my gauges but wouldn't be surprised.
Officer: K, well you were doing 100. Where are you off to in such a hurry?
Me: again officer, I dont want to BS you guys because I know what you go through in a day, matter of fact I'm pretty cool with a few of the officers in Aliso Viejo, but there was no excuse for my speeding and I shouldn't have been doing that speed, regardless of any excuse, and I appologize.
Officer: Why dont you have your toll road "Fast Track" transponder affixed to your windshield?
Me: I keep it in my center console officer, and take it out as I pass under the toll road scanners.
Officer: yea, but you have no rear plate on, how am I supposed to believe that?
Me: I know it's a tough call and I'm just hoping you trust me on this, but I do take it out officer. . . I'm just going to have to trust that you'll believe me on that. I was at a car show the other day and havent had a chance to put my plates on.
Officer: Ok, well I'm going to need your license and reg.
Me: Ok, I'm just going to reach into my side compartment for my license and then my glove box for the registration.
Officer: (with a slight smerk) Fair enough man
Me: Oh, and would you like me to open the trunk for you to get my license plate out of sir?
Officer: No no its ok man, just sit tight for a bit.

Officer comes back and says: Alrite man, I ticketed you for your tints and plates too. Behind the driver windows you can go as dark as you want.
Me: oh alrite. . . (thinking, but I dont want it as dark as I want in the back, I just want 35% all around. . .I dont even like Limo tints. Oh and I'm just going to put the front plate onto a tow hook mount just for you guys to check off, then I'm taking it off again. . . come on bro. . . you know that, why you even wasting your time writting that.)
Officer: you really need to slow down man, where are you heading right now?
Me: home, just down the street, and alrite man. . . take care.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #58
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Look, the big big picture here is this. . .

Worse comes to worse, I get my license suspended which would be reduced to a restricted license for say, 6 months. I take the front tints off and put a tow hook front plate on, get them signed off, and put the front tint back on and take the tow hook plate mount off. I pay the 300+ fine/bail, and deal with the insurance hike (which comes down for every 6 months of no tickets, according to Gieco, my insurer). But I still get to drive at the end of day. . . . fucking bored, restricted, and nickel and dime'd as hell, but I still get to drive. . . .

This is assuming the worst. Assuming the best, the officer never submits his written trail declaration papers and the case is dismissed, nothing out of pocket for me. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, and hailing mary!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #59
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
no offense but you got to be pretty fucking dumb to get ticketed on the freeway in OC, 73, 55, 405, 22... i drive on these DAILY, for consistent periods over 100 mph and NEVER get tickets, not even pulled over. ever. it's simply general awareness. i'm sorry bud, but yeah.
you talk like you know how it feels.. i got a ticket for speeding over 110.. my ticket cost over $700++.. and my insurance almost doubled! ( It's hard to face the truth )

I think you'll understand how it feels getting ticket, I was like you before, driving like sh*t..

To OP: sorry to hear about what happen, life goes on..
      05-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #60
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:

Worse comes to worse, I get my license suspended which would be reduced to a restricted license for say, 6 months. I take the front tints off and put a tow hook front plate on, get them signed off, and put the front tint back on and take the tow hook plate mount off. I pay the 300+ fine/bail, and deal with the insurance hike (which comes down for every 6 months of no tickets, according to Gieco, my insurer). But I still get to drive at the end of day. . . . fucking bored, restricted, and nickel and dime'd as hell, but I still get to drive. . . .

This is assuming the worst. Assuming the best, the officer never submits his written trail declaration papers and the case is dismissed, nothing out of pocket for me. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, and hailing mary!
I'll cross my fingers for you too bro. Hopefully everything works out and the 5-0 doesn't submit the papers....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #61
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

Hopin' for the best man.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #62
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

thanks sean and MTV, thanks all the rest of you too for the support. Thanks Mike and ksfrogman too!

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:22 AM   #63
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
so far, this seems like my best option, and the one I'll probably be opting for.

Basic plan:

1)Get as many extensions as possible

2)Then submit a "Trial by Written Declaration" paper
Hope the officers doesnt submit his papers in time (they get paid 200-300 to show up in court, but get paid nothing to submit these time consuming papers)

3)If he does submit the papers, then I await either a guiltly or not guilty verdict by the judge or commissioner viewing the case. If he doesn't submit his papers in time ( a 30% chance that he doesn't), then the case is dismissed (which is the absolute ultimate out come in my favor)

4)If ruling is "not guilty" then, yay, I go about my business. If the ruling is "guilty" then I physically appear in court to challenge the verdict, where I get one more chance to defend myself.

5) At this point, I will either use Tixnix.com to supply me with a lawyer and such, or defend myself in court.

In court, I'm not sure whether or not I'm eligible for traffic school because the speed I was "caught" traveling at, and because I've received a ticket within the past 18 months. If in fact the traffic school system allows you to enroll based on the last date of attendance, then I should be fine, since the last time I attended traffic school was over 2 years ago.

This case is going to be extra hard to fight since I have other speeding convictions and because of the claimed speed I was traveling upon being caught. But what I was thinking was, how about the people who try and fight red light camera tickets? What better/more evidence against them is there then a damn picture of their car, at the light. So if they can manage to fight cases, even with that kind of evidence, I think I might be able to argue this case as well.

Upon being pulled over, I gave the officer NOTHING to remember me by. I took a gamble and decided to save the fighting and arguing for court/papers. The chances of being let off for that ticket by the officer were slim, so I gave no lip, no extra questions. . . . nothing, just straight business and everything in his favor.

It went like this: I pulled over, put all my windows down, turned the car and music off, and put my hands together on my lap.

Officer: Trying to evade me huh?
Me: No, I would never do that and I've been pulled over before with no history of anything of that nature
Officer: Well didnt you see me point at you and turn my lights on?
Me: Honestly officer, No I didnt, and I mean that.
Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: Honestly officer I know people BS you all day about this type of stuff so I'm not evening going to waste your time, but in all honesty, no I wasn't looking at my gauges but wouldn't be surprised.
Officer: K, well you were doing 100. Where are you off to in such a hurry?
Me: again officer, I dont want to BS you guys because I know what you go through in a day, matter of fact I'm pretty cool with a few of the officers in Aliso Viejo, but there was no excuse for my speeding and I shouldn't have been doing that speed, regardless of any excuse, and I appologize.
Officer: Why dont you have your toll road "Fast Track" transponder affixed to your windshield?
Me: I keep it in my center console officer, and take it out as I pass under the toll road scanners.
Officer: yea, but you have no rear plate on, how am I supposed to believe that?
Me: I know it's a tough call and I'm just hoping you trust me on this, but I do take it out officer. . . I'm just going to have to trust that you'll believe me on that. I was at a car show the other day and havent had a chance to put my plates on.
Officer: Ok, well I'm going to need your license and reg.
Me: Ok, I'm just going to reach into my side compartment for my license and then my glove box for the registration.
Officer: (with a slight smerk) Fair enough man
Me: Oh, and would you like me to open the trunk for you to get my license plate out of sir?
Officer: No no its ok man, just sit tight for a bit.

Officer comes back and says: Alrite man, I ticketed you for your tints and plates too. Behind the driver windows you can go as dark as you want.
Me: oh alrite. . . (thinking, but I dont want it as dark as I want in the back, I just want 35% all around. . .I dont even like Limo tints. Oh and I'm just going to put the front plate onto a tow hook mount just for you guys to check off, then I'm taking it off again. . . come on bro. . . you know that, why you even wasting your time writting that.)
Officer: you really need to slow down man, where are you heading right now?
Me: home, just down the street, and alrite man. . . take care.
Damn Boost, i feel for you man. How did the officer come off to you? Was cool about everything or was he just another dick. From what it sounds like, he seemed like a dick from "where you trying to evade me" to having a smerk in his face as you told him you where going to reach for your registration. I think he took you responses as if you where trying to be a smart ass with him, but damn i cant believe he still gave you a ticket for tints and no front plates as if a ticket for an excess of 90+mph wasn't enough. Honestly, man i think you should have tried for that right turn..lol

I have had a officer ask me once if i was trying to evade them, and it was because i did the same thing you did which was get off the next exit because i had a feeling he was coming after me, i think the fact that they know you saw them ahead of time coming after you, that get's them pretty irritated. I understand if they are approaching a few feet behind you flashing there lights, but how do they expect you to pull over as soon as they merge and start flashing lights when you have already passed them by for a good distance. When the officer asked if i was trying to evade them, i asked

Me: Why do you ask that officer?
Officer: Because you seemed to have gotten off this exit in a hurry when i merged on the freeway and flashed my lights?
Me: I'm sorry it seemed that way officer, honestly i didn't even bother checking my rearview as i passed you because i felt i had no reason to.

Thankfully in this case i had seen him ahead of time and had slowed down so that i wasn't speeding excessively and since he couldn't write me up for that he got me on for no front plates. Bottomline, just always be on the look out man. I always try to make it a habit to slow down or let off the gas when i pass a freeway overpass beacasue i know that most of the times thats where they will be hiding, if not that then at least just be more cautious when coming up to the overpasses, good luck man and i hope you get all this mess sorted out soon
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:25 AM   #64
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

most judges have a private practice. hire them for some bs job and they can't prosecute. or keep postponing it if the cop shows up and if he doesn't and is on vacation ask for a dismissal...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #65
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks sean and MTV, thanks all the rest of you too for the support. Thanks Mike and ksfrogman too!
anytime. still pulling for you, man.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #66
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Rob View Post
Damn Boost, i feel for you man.. . . . . . . .

" "

. . . . . . . . . vacation ask for a dismissal...
Hey J, thanks man. . . and no he was actually pretty normal, not really a dick, and his smirk was one that seemed to be coming from his surprise of how respectful and compliant I was. I was being totally polite and understanding, and he was just being some what cool and just straight business for the most part.

Appreciate 0