E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Prom

04-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #89
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I would kill myself if I was only making $50/hr in high school.
Paging @Litos for the minimum threshold official high school salary needed in order to prevent suicide....

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #90
anorexichippo7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
Don't feel like you need to explain yourself about your body or your weight. I have a friend who has been dealing with an eating disorder on and off for years, and the only thing that will make it easier is not feeling accountable for your weight for anyone else but yourself. You need to take ownership of your body and do what you know is right for you. If you don't know how to make that call, there are people who can help you reach that level of self-sameness.

That aside, you should go to your prom! You may not regret not going, but you'll always wonder what kind of night you would have had. Whatever choice you make, own it.
Thank you for being concerned, but I just want to get healthier. I've always been underweight.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #91
anorexichippo7
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Ew you should blur this face
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #92
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
And this is bullshit. You're forgetting credit, insurance and average wage cost. Please don't try to tell me a highschool student (meaning NOT a highschool graduate) is making well above minimum wage - not happening.

And there is nothing wrong with being Asian, it's an observation. Straight black hair, darker complexion, leaner figure, head shape. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Wow! Now you're calling BS on me too?

I am not forgetting anything. I paid for insurance, gas, excise tax and even some small mods on my 323i, all on my own. Who said anything about making "well above minimum wage"? I was making minimum wage - or pretty damn close to it - the entire time that I saved up, bought and eventually paid off that car. Don't call BS on others just because you cannot believe it is possible to pay off a car by working hard and saving up.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #93
BenchRacerYo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by anorexichippo7
I was trying to blur my face...fail
Definitely looks like an Anorexic...

Eat something girl, jeez...
What a dick post. :tsk:

And this isn't me white knighting.
      04-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #94
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Wow! Now you're calling BS on me too?

I am not forgetting anything. I paid for insurance, gas, excise tax and even some small mods on my 323i, all on my own. Who said anything about making "well above minimum wage"? I was making minimum wage - or pretty damn close to it - the entire time that I saved up, bought and eventually paid off that car. Don't call BS on others just because you cannot believe it is possible to pay off a car by working hard and saving up.
I did the math and I still think you're full of it.

If she's making minimum wage now $7.93 for Florida (we'll round to $8.00) it would take 375 HOURS worked to save up for $3000 and that doesn't include taxes deducted.

Working 6 hours a day, and it would take her approximately 12.5 WEEKS or 2.9 months (I rounded to 3) just to save for the 3K down. (again, this doesn't include taxes deducted from her paycheck!)

Yeah, 30 hours a week plus full time class load in highschool? Right.

There is no shame in her parents buying her a car, it is their money.

Last edited by Taskmaster; 04-21-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #95
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I would kill myself if I was only making $50/hr in high school.
      04-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #96
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:

If she's making minimum wage now $7.93 for Florida (we'll round to $8.00) it would take 375 HOURS worked to save up for $3000 and that doesn't include taxes deducted.

Working 6 hours a day, and it would take her approximately 12.5 WEEKS or 2.9 months (I rounded to 3) just to save for the 3K down. (again, this doesn't include taxes deducted from her paycheck!)

That and isn't there some sort of cap on the hours a minor can work during the school year?

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #97
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

With inflation set aside, you're claiming these facts:
1) Saved up and bought 1st car at 18
2) Zero financial help from anyone (I assume that means car loans also)
3) Car was only $32k in year 2000 money
4) Worked minimum wage
5) Was also attending high school
6) Also paid for insurance, gas, excise tax and even some mods
7) You're Asian, like suddenly your math isn't BS anymore

Unless you dealt drugs on the side (I'm not judging you) or was blowing your history teacher (I also will not judge what a person is willing to do for a brand new 323 at the age of 18), and me also being "Asian" still can't work out the math of how you were able to outright buy a $32k car at the age of 18 while still attending school full time.
      04-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #98
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Desperately trying to expose teenage girls on an off topic car forum. BMW OT reaching for all time lows
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #99
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Desperately trying to expose teenage girls on an off topic car forum. BMW OT reaching for all time lows
Unless daixloxbmw is also a teenage girl with an eating disorder then no.
      04-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #100
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
She exposed herself. We are just trying to bring her back to the reality of her vehicle ownership and how 97.8374% was from an outside influence.

I'm still pretty upset there's no picture with a shoe on your head, still not even totally convinced we're dealing with a girl.

I'd also shoot myself if I was only making $50/hr in HS. Crack is a much more profitable venture. Blowing the History teacher isn't necessarily a bad idea either.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #101
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

The picture on page 3 shows front bumper plate for JMK BMW which is in Springfield Township, NJ
The only school there is Jonathan Dayton H.S.

Pretty sure someone else can take it from here to determine b.s. Level

(nemesis X should be proud of me)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #102
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Lol at the people white knighting in here.

The BS meter is at an all time high, and you're all getting trolled.
      04-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #103
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
That and isn't there some sort of cap on the hours a minor can work during the school year?
From what I remember, yeah. But if you're over 18, that doesn't apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post

With inflation set aside, you're claiming these facts:
1) Saved up and bought 1st car at 18
2) Zero financial help from anyone (I assume that means car loans also)
3) Car was only $32k in year 2000 money
4) Worked minimum wage
5) Was also attending high school
6) Also paid for insurance, gas, excise tax and even some mods
7) You're Asian, like suddenly your math isn't BS anymore

Unless you dealt drugs on the side (I'm not judging you) or was blowing your history teacher (I also will not judge what a person is willing to do for a brand new 323 at the age of 18), and me also being "Asian" still can't work out the math of how you were able to outright buy a $32k car at the age of 18 while still attending school full time.
All of this.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #104
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

I had a Lamborghini fund once, but it only ever got up to $32.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #105
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorexichippo7 View Post
Ew you should blur this face

Quote:
what do you expect from 18yr old boys?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #106
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

I've been on this forum much longer than any of you who are questioning me (and before this forum, I was on several other BMW forums using the same username since back to 1999) and I've never trolled or BS'ed and have never been accused of it either.

I've been a huge fan of BMW since I was a kid and always dreamed of owning one. Been saving up since my first job at 14, yes, making minimum wage as a bagger at Star Market. In 4 years, saved up about $10k for a down payment, which really wasn't very difficult when living at home and had no other expenses aside from an occasional dinner or movie on the weekends. Then financed the rest of the $22k over 6 years.

Funny that you mentioned the drug dealer comment because that's exactly what I told acquaintances because they (like you) found it more believable than the truth. My real friends knew me and knew the truth.

To all those who don't believe me, that's fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. I am just shocked by the personal attacks just because you can't seem to understand how I did it. Anyway, this will be my last response on this matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #107
anorexichippo7
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
The picture on page 3 shows front bumper plate for JMK BMW which is in Springfield Township, NJ
The only school there is Jonathan Dayton H.S.

Pretty sure someone else can take it from here to determine b.s. Level

(nemesis X should be proud of me)
Just because my car came from Springfield doesn't mean I live there.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #108
anorexichippo7
Registered
Rep

Quote:

Yes, my parents bought me the car, and I'm very grateful.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #109
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorexichippo7 View Post
Yes, my parents bought me the car, and I'm very grateful.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #110
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
I've been on this forum much longer than any of you who are questioning me (and before this forum, I was on several other BMW forums using the same username since back to 1999) and I've never trolled or BS'ed and have never been accused of it either.

I've been a huge fan of BMW since I was a kid and always dreamed of owning one. Been saving up since my first job at 14, yes, making minimum wage as a bagger at Star Market. In 4 years, saved up about $10k for a down payment, which really wasn't very difficult when living at home and had no other expenses aside from an occasional dinner or movie on the weekends. Then financed the rest of the $22k over 6 years.

Funny that you mentioned the drug dealer comment because that's exactly what I told acquaintances because they (like you) found it more believable than the truth. My real friends knew me and knew the truth.

To all those who don't believe me, that's fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. I am just shocked by the personal attacks just because you can't seem to understand how I did it. Anyway, this will be my last response on this matter.

This really isn't the information you lead us to believe. You're now telling me that you saved $10k in 4 years worth of work which comes out to about $208 a month. That we can all believe as I'm sure we've all worked part time jobs for more than 7 hours a week while in high school (depending on what your minimum wage is). No one is making personal attacks on you, chill out, I just get an allergic reaction when I smell bullshit. Just sounded like you were claiming that you bought a $32k car at the age of 18 with no financial help from anyone while working minimum wage. Red flag bullshit right there for me. The fact is, you had to finance the remaining $22k for 6 years which really isn't called "buying your first $32k BMW at the age of 18." I would also add that your decision was not very "Asian" of you.

No one really cares how long you've been on this forum or think you're trolling. You lead me to think that you "worked hard" and "anything is possible" while what you saved up was only $10k. You just left out too many important details for your little story Mr. White Knight. And buddy, not to kick you in the balls but working and saving up $10k at the age of 18 really ain't that hard when you live at home and don't have expenses. A wiser individual may just buy a beater and have enough to get from A to B but you chose the path of 6 years finance just so you could get a BMW.