E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > LV/Gucci...etc.

10-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #67
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

The materials came from a factory in China...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
      10-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #68
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

My thing is that you have to buy the label stuff for you and you alone. If you are not, and you give 2 shits about someone else thinking you're cool, hip, trendy, or wealthy? WTF does that say about you and your sense of self, you cannot fill that hole in your soul with Gucci, LV, etc...

Further, IF YOU DO get props, respect, love, or attention from people around you and the opposite sex, WTF does that say about them? I'll tell you now, it's a good idea to STAY THE HELL AWAY from any woman who gets all happy and excited because of a Name brand label, seeks out Labels, or actually gives two shits about an LV Handbag, Gucci Glasses Etc...

Nothing but vacous, low self esteem, low IQ Drama in the future... Count on it.

Just like the moronic BMW Groupies we run into here on the Board... Nothing to offer, just empty Drama Shells looking for the next asshole to treat her badly...

Last edited by Revlis; 10-17-2007 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #69
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Why would Gucci be harder to replicate? It is just designs that can easily be copied or remade to look similar.

If the chinese can make an iphone copycat right when the iphone came out, then they can do anything.
we don't get copies of them here, or atleast, none that look like them, and that is the only reason i could think of...

the real gucci looks and feels so much different, and if you look at a fake one here, you can tell from a mile away, so no one buys them... which is why i am assuming they are not widely available in "genuine replica"

lv is just a print on leather, where as gucci is actually a fabric, maybee has something to do with the cost of replication
      10-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #70
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
we don't get copies of them here, or atleast, none that look like them, and that is the only reason i could think of...

the real gucci looks and feels so much different, and if you look at a fake one here, you can tell from a mile away, so no one buys them... which is why i am assuming they are not widely available in "genuine replica"

lv is just a print on leather, where as gucci is actually a fabric, maybee has something to do with the cost of replication
Well here in the United States. Go to any major city or just ebay and you can find anything that is expensive replicated to be cheaper.
      10-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #71
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
My thing is that you have to buy the label stuff for you and you alone. If you are not, and you give 2 shits about someone else thinking you're cool, hip, trendy, or wealthy? WTF does that say about you and your sense of self, you cannot fill that hole in your soul with Gucci, LV, etc...

Further, IF YOU DO get props, respect, love, or attention from people around you and the opposite sex, WTF does that say about them? I'll tell you now, it's a good idea to STAY THE HELL AWAY from any woman who gets all happy and excited because of a Name brand label, seeks out Labels, or actually gives two shits about an LV Handbag, Gucci Glasses Etc...

Nothing but vacous, low self esteem, low IQ Drama in the future... Count on it.

Just like the moronic BMW Groupies we run into here on the Board... Nothing to offer, just empty Drama Shells looking for the next asshole to treat her badly...

I agree with you 100%. I enjoy clothing from Ralph Lauren or Armani xchange but I dont own a lot or need it... But my ex, ya she was uber materialistic... Key word is ex, I dont need a bitch like that anymore
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #72
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
you guys don'tk now shit about fashion... maybe stay in New York a bit and you guys will know that nothing wrong w a guy carrying a fashion brand bag.
Ummm... just a heads up, but this thread is no way to win friends on here.

Quote:
you guys must havent read gq..etc before... that is sad
I read GQ (which has gone downhill in the past 5-6 years). But like anything, take it as a grain of salt. Don't consider a magazine the end-all of what to wear/buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post

I doubt that fakes aren't available/common over there. They're everywhere; and given your proximity to China I'd expect them all over. Good knock-offs are difficult to tell from the authentics. To tell if a LV is authentic, look at the zipper tab (should be leather), and the number of stitches attaching the strap (I think it's either 3 or 5 on the real ones).
      10-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #73
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

People buy brands like LV and Gucci for image only. Their quality compared to other less known brands is extremely poor, they just have a much larger advertising budget and PR people who give celebrities free clothing to wear their goods. People that buy into that crap are the same ones that think Armani and Hugo Boss make the best suits and proceed to spend $2000 on one when they could easily get the same one if they looked for $500 or a brand with much higher quality for half the cost.
      10-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #74
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
^+1
      04-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #75
Reefermadness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35

repost!!!!
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ht=fake+iphone
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #76
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
People buy brands like LV and Gucci for image only. Their quality compared to other less known brands is extremely poor, they just have a much larger advertising budget and PR people who give celebrities free clothing to wear their goods. People that buy into that crap are the same ones that think Armani and Hugo Boss make the best suits and proceed to spend $2000 on one when they could easily get the same one if they looked for $500 or a brand with much higher quality for half the cost.
Actually, my Ferragamo wallet is lasting longer than any other cheap wallets i've owned in the best. same with my best friend's burberry wallet. From that point, it got me thinking. maybe you do get what you've paid for. I had a replica gucci key wallet before and I threw it away within a month. It was terrible compared to previous authentic burberry key wallet I had.

I also find True religion, 7 for all mankind, etc high class brand pants are WAY more comfortable and last for very long time compared to other cheaper brand such as Old navy, banana republic, abercrombie, etc. Yes, I do wear all kinds of brand, Im not limited to just one specific brand.

because of my shopping habit(which is, always try both cheap and expensive), I know how both sides of the world is like. Some, you get what you pay for. Some, you bargain.

I had really good experiences with expensive products. Those products treated me better, felt better, lasted longer, and goes on and on. As I gained those experiences, most of the stuff that I frequently use on daily basis are all high class brand. (wallets, pants, watch, etc).

Same with damn cars. BMW is treating me MUCH better than my previous cars(honda, mitsubishi, etc).
You can't really say most expensive stuff are all over-priced especially when you are driving a bmw.
Some are actually worth the price tag.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #77
euro2low
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 SG/SB 328i cab. spt.pkg/nav

This is what I sport. It's made for the waist i guess but i wear it across my shoulder and keep the pouch under my arm. Usually wear it with a jacket or blazer. It's a Unisex product and a lot of guys hate on me for wearing it, but all the hot chicks i know LOVE it (not just because it's Gucci, but that it actually looks good) You be the judge
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #78
euro2low
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 SG/SB 328i cab. spt.pkg/nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
sorry but that's so wrong. all the $$$ stuff i own lasts 100 times longer then the cheap stuff. My Rock&Republic jeans (350$) which I use almost ever day have lasted longer then any jean I have ever owned. Now... I understand for those worker jeans that they are meant to be able to go through war but compared to Old navy, Guess, BR, Abercrombie etc.... they PWN
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #79
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name
Norway
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

there's a difference between appreciating a brand solely because of their high-end status and price than appreciating it for its designs, quality etc.

if you prefer Armani suits over $100 suits because they fit you better, last you longer, look better, you're not wearing it to show off. if you wear LV shoes mostly because they sport a gold LV logo, you're showing off.

in the end, it's a fine line between showing off and wearing something for its quality and design. you can show off and wear them for the qualities at the same time, this is normal.

E92 335i coupe March 2007
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #80
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Im more of a COACH girl. I have a COACH umbrella in my car
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #81
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Authentic bitches and I've yet to wear it. college ftl.
Probably one of my favorite shoes!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #82
M3aHOLIC84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 Laguna Seca Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LOL this cracks me up. Brands like LV, Dior, Fendi, Gucci, etc will never be played out like Von Dutch, Ed Hardy, etc. It may be 'played out' in the Hip Hop world where gaudy rappers think they're stylin' on folks by wearing the most expensive things out there, ie the Gucci fabric on Air Force ones back in 2002 and now the man purse steez Kanye is rocking.

My mom has been using high end purses since the late 80s and if you look at them now, you'd think that it just came straight from the store. These brands are classic.

PS...that 'something' Jacob is Marc Jacob...related to LV brand as well. Aside from their sunglasses, I'm not a big fan.

To the OP, I don't think any coin purse will fit in the small ashtray.
if you live in burbank you should know how armenians play the fuck out of those brand names in their cars loll
      04-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #83
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

This was an interesting read to say the least. I like designer shoes, shades and clothing. I just prefer to keep it to less flashy items and more understated. Things without large branding all over them. I buy it for the quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2low View Post
This is what I sport. It's made for the waist i guess but i wear it across my shoulder and keep the pouch under my arm. Usually wear it with a jacket or blazer. It's a Unisex product and a lot of guys hate on me for wearing it, but all the hot chicks i know LOVE it (not just because it's Gucci, but that it actually looks good) You be the judge
You're from Quebec, so I'm not surprised.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #84
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
you guys don'tk now shit about fashion... maybe stay in New York a bit and you guys will know that nothing wrong w a guy carrying a fashion brand bag.
I've been to New York, I wear high end brands, but you need to be careful which items you wear and how you wear them, else you may start looking like a guido. (See attached)
Quote:
you guys must havent read gq..etc before... that is sad
I read GQ, and I'm absolutely certain that they have never advocated using a change purse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truong321 View Post
I don't know why people like buying goods with monstrous logos or the designers/brands monogram repeated every cm of the leather. It ruins the "classiness factor" imo.
They don't just make items in the logo pattern.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #85
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
Authentic bitches and I've yet to wear it. college ftl.
Probably one of my favorite shoes!
I used to have a same pair~ but in brown (red/green strip)
Appreciate 0