E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cologne

04-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #23
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaultOne View Post
I need to get my hands on D&G Light Blue asap. Its smells fcking fantastic
Don't make fun of me for this, but I get it at Sephora. They've got every type of fragrance you could ever want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
I don't use cologne personally...I'm only 18...I don't know any 18 year old friends who use cologne...except for mebbe one or two.
Age is no excuse to not smell good. I'm 18 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
it gives you a signature scent.
The exact reason I keep it to only a few scents. I'd have to say your collection is a bit overkill lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #24
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Estoril MSport Wagon

Quote:
It's a formidable stench. It's stiiiiings the nostrils.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #25
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Estoril MSport Wagon

Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #26
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Will definitely take that into consideration man. It'll come in handy for the next four years or so haha
It just gives you a tiny bit of an advantage because they eventually remember what you wear, or at least remember that you always smell good. Scoring you points when girls converse amongst each other, or when they hug you they'll usually drop a "mmm what are you wearing?"

If your wearing a button up shirt that you plan on leaving unbuttoned up top, then I suggest spraying the cologne on your chest after you shower. If your just wearing a T-shirt, then one spray behind the neck (for when you hug girls), and maybe one on the wrist as well. But don't waste your cologne by spraying it directly onto clothing. Thats good for maybe a short term situation, like a quick coffee meeting, or hiding smoke after a cig or whatever. But cologne dies out fast on cloth, not to mention that cloth doesn't pulse like the viens/arteries in your neck and wrists (your body heat and pulse emit the scent much stronger)

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #27
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post

The exact reason I keep it to only a few scents. I'd have to say your collection is a bit overkill lol.
Some of those fellas in my collection havent been used in a year or more haha. I'm just using Versace and the Issey Miyake stuff for now. . . mostly only the versace though

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #28
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

The more you learn.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, the only scented stuff I use is Axe and I don't even think it smells all that good. I said that though and the girls think it smells good...um...okay...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #29
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

It smells like Bigfoot's dick!

Hahaha

No, but really, I don't actually have anything right now. I keep meaning to try something new and see what I like, but I just haven't done so yet. I think I may get a few sampler bottles of different stuff and see how I like it over a week or so and see if I get any reactions.

But dude, the Axe stuff makes you smell like a high schooler. I admit I still have some in a bottom shelf somewhere, and the other day I sprayed it and it was like high school all over again, haha. If you want big girls you need to get something good.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #30
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
^^ define big? lol...jk
      04-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #31
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

another bit of advice, dont buy cheap or old cologne. I could look up all the science behind what I'm saying right now, but I dont feel like it. Just take my word for it.

I recommend buying cologne from department stores, or other high traffic areas with lots of inventory refreshing. Cologne does actually get old, and when it does, it has a noticeably different scent.

And KEEP IT OUT OF SUNLIGHT! Warm temperatures and sunlight are cologne killers. Especially when the cologne begins evaporating inside the bottle over and over again because of heat. Very bad for cologne. So places like medicine cabinets are great

A very old and famous company named Creed, is notorious for creating exclusive blends for people, some as much as $4-5k per little bottle, with very little alcohol content. I've only seen and been able to get Creed products through Nieman Marcus, so it's exclusivity is guaranteed. They also offer tons of pre-configured scents as well, still priced a bit high at about 150+ per small regular bottle and about 100+ for the small bottles, but its worth it.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
jlspeed29
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:

A very old and famous company named Creed, is notorious for creating exclusive blends for people, some as much as $4-5k per little bottle, with very little alcohol content. I've only seen and been able to get Creed products through Nieman Marcus, so it's exclusivity is guaranteed. They also offer tons of pre-configured scents as well, still priced a bit high at about 150+ per small regular bottle and about 100+ for the small bottles, but its worth it.
+1...my friend has creed...it actually smells really good IMO...

i think he got it from costco believe it or not
      04-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #33
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
But dude, the Axe stuff makes you smell like a high schooler. I admit I still have some in a bottom shelf somewhere, and the other day I sprayed it and it was like high school all over again, haha.
Haha, thats because everyone used to shower themselves down with that stuff after P.E. in the locker room.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #34
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
+1...my friend has creed...it actually smells really good IMO...

i think he got it from costco believe it or not
hmm, well Costco does actually carry some quality stuff, but I've never heard of Creed being sold there.

This is Creed's store locater and it says that it's only carried in 6 places through out California, 5 Nieman Marcus's and 1 Saks Fifth Ave.

http://www.creedperfumes.us/creed_store_locations.php

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #35
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Link to Creed

http://www.creedperfumes.us/index2.php

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #36
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, thats because everyone used to shower themselves down with that stuff after P.E. in the locker room.
I know right? Locker room = Axe
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #37
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know right? Locker room = Axe
Axe + Ass = High School locker room

"Axe through the ass"

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #38
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

wtf lol I didn't understand that^...actually I still don't...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #39
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

I use Chanel Platinum Egoiste and D&G Masculine, same stuff Ive been using for years (I know I'm boring. If it ain't broke...)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #40
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wtf lol I didn't understand that^...actually I still don't...
what? haha. . . the "Axe + Ass = HS locker room" part? Or the "Axe through the ass" part?

I'm pretty sure it's the "axe through the ass" part hah, but I just made that up in this thread and it just means. . . cut and "Axe" your way through the nasty smell of ass, with Axe. . . . . . . . "axe through the ass" hah

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #41
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Good to know. Some of the spanish honeys are

I use Dolce & Gabanna myself, not the (limited edition) summer kind, just the regular stuff. That and Givency Pi, on occasion.
chyeahhhh sonn! them spanish flies are the best

used to use D&G also, but ive been wearing swiss army since i was like 13 and the ladies always love it.... so i mean ill variate between Zegnia Intenzo, swiss army classic, swiss army altitude, gio, and once in a while Michael (my pops wears it... i think of him/feel like him whenever i wear it lol...its a good thing)
      04-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #42
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
^^ define big? lol...jk
Haha, good point, girls that are legal, how's that?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #43
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
I don't use cologne personally...I'm only 18...I don't know any 18 year old friends who use cologne...except for mebbe one or two.
Don't worry if none of your friends wear it. You'll be the guy who smells like a nice bottle of cologne rather then a $5 can of body-spray.

Quote:
Another advantage to wearing a certain cologne for a period of time, is that it gives you a signature scent. And that scent gets locked onto girl's sweaters, shirts, jackets, pillows, sheets, and whatever else when they hug you, cuddle with you, sleep with you, or whatever. . . . meaning, they've got reminders of you! It works, and it's a good way to be remembered. They'll text you things like, "my body smells all good like you, but now I have to take a shower and it'll be gone : / " or "my pillows smell like you! mmm, soo good ; ) "
+1
Those phone calls saying "I just laid down and my bed smells like you", or "I walked by a guy at the mall, and he had your cologne on" are the best. Women will tend to connect a certain scent with you. From then on, whenever they smell it, you're the first thing they think of.
Even better is when they connect their perfume to you. A woman I used to date made the comment that she hasn't worn one of her perfumes since I moved to Phoenix... because it reminds her of being with me.

Be careful about applying it. The only person who should smell your cologne is the girl you're kissing. You don't need to be like a woman and spray it all over like a crop-duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Don't make fun of me for this, but I get it at Sephora. They've got every type of fragrance you could ever want.
I get some of my cologne at Sephora as well. Like you said, awesome selection, better prices then a boutique, and there's always eye-candy inside.

Current lineup:
Gio - good day to day
Clinique Happy - nice for the gym, sitting by the pool, etc.
VS Very Sexy for Men - nights out
Viktor Rolf Antidote - awesome, and rare... don't know another guy with it
Marc Jacobs - a bit more musky/woodsy
      04-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #44
jlspeed29
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
Haha, good point, girls that are legal, how's that?