E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > icloud email account getting spoofed?

06-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

icloud email account getting spoofed?

So sometime last week I got an email from postmaster@mac.com I have gotten these before, but it was from emails I sent that never went through because of some internet issue. This time, I hadn't sent out any emails and thought it was really weird that I got this email. After opening up the message to see what text was in it, it was a whole bunch of BS random numbers and letters and what looked like email accounts that don't make any sense. I thought my email was hacked, but after further research it was not because there was no record of the message in my sent folder. In this situation it means your email is being spoofed whatever that means? How do I stop from getting this email everyday? How can I stop from being spoofed and what is spoofing?
      06-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
I'm not sure what the issue could be, but since you mentioned a bunch of random email addresses; I'm guessing you could have been hacked. Have you tried changing your password and seeing if the spoof messages stop?
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
I'm not sure what the issue could be, but since you mentioned a bunch of random email addresses; I'm guessing you could have been hacked. Have you tried changing your password and seeing if the spoof messages stop?
Not sure how to change the address on icloud email. I was reading online and it said I wasn't hacked but was trying to be tricked by them that I was so I would open up the link in the email or something like that.