E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > FEDEX Cup (For you golfers out there)

08-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

FEDEX Cup (For you golfers out there)

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to see if any golfers on here are excited about the PGA playoffs starting this week. I'm actually going to the third round of the Barclays in Jersey City. Will be interesting to see Tiger's response to that he made at the PGA Championship in the final round. Any thoughts on the outcome?? Think TW takes it?
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

I am looking forward to it - I dont think it has hit the excitement factor as the "playoffs" yet. I do look forward to seeing the best players in the field for 4 tournaments however.

Got to go with TW - hard to bet against him.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

I hope Phil Mickelson can pull something and surprise everyone, if not I wouldn't mind Stricker winning. I'm not a Woods fan so I hope he fucks up like hes been doing lately lol
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
I hope Phil Mickelson can pull something and surprise everyone, if not I wouldn't mind Stricker winning. I'm not a Woods fan so I hope he fucks up like hes been doing lately lol
I wouldn't mind seeing Stricker win, I have always like him, has a solid all-around game and is more often than not in the hunt.

Yet as a Tiger Fan and a true one at that(stick with him through wins and losses), I am very insulted by your comments....hahaha just j/k man. To be honest, I seriously (as oxymoronic as it may sound) I think TW might have a little mental block in the majors right now. I know that sounds crazy given his mental prowness, but I think in someway he might be thinking too much. I'm a good golfer and have no right or business critiquing the world number 1's playing style, but I will say he is not the Tiger of old; I am an advocate of him returning to Butch Harmon. I know the facts are he was incredibly successful under the watchful eye of Haney, but it is when he was under Harmon that Tiger was absolutely dominant. In his top form he is unbeatable and the proof is there, but those displays are few and far in between now, as evident in the past PGA.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Stricker win, I have always like him, has a solid all-around game and is more often than not in the hunt.

Yet as a Tiger Fan and a true one at that(stick with him through wins and losses), I am very insulted by your comments....hahaha just j/k man. To be honest, I seriously (as oxymoronic as it may sound) I think TW might have a little mental block in the majors right now. I know that sounds crazy given his mental prowness, but I think in someway he might be thinking too much. I'm a good golfer and have no right or business critiquing the world number 1's playing style, but I will say he is not the Tiger of old; I am an advocate of him returning to Butch Harmon. I know the facts are he was incredibly successful under the watchful eye of Haney, but it is when he was under Harmon that Tiger was absolutely dominant. In his top form he is unbeatable and the proof is there, but those displays are few and far in between now, as evident in the past PGA.
ah I never really liked him but when i met it at bethpage and asked him to sign my hat he didn't even look at me and just walked past me after he finished his round so that just made me not like him even more lol. Well to me i think ever since his knee surgery he hasn't been the same, he has been making a lot of amature mistakes. His long game is still solid but his short game to me is weak and is making him lose a lot of matches.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

I think Tiger will come out swinging and will run away with at least one tournament before years end. As he has gotten older he doesnt "go for the throat" as often, but after the pga shit brick, I think we will see the old, lets kick their ass by 5+ strokes, again
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
I think Tiger will come out swinging and will run away with at least one tournament before years end. As he has gotten older he doesnt "go for the throat" as often, but after the pga shit brick, I think we will see the old, lets kick their ass by 5+ strokes, again
yea def hope so man.....he does seem like he plays more on the defensive now...but there is still an issue with his consistency not only with driving but with the flat stick. mabye i'll have to have a talk with him on Saturday and show him how we play golf in the Bronx!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
ah I never really liked him but when i met it at bethpage and asked him to sign my hat he didn't even look at me and just walked past me after he finished his round so that just made me not like him even more lol. Well to me i think ever since his knee surgery he hasn't been the same, he has been making a lot of amature mistakes. His long game is still solid but his short game to me is weak and is making him lose a lot of matches.
can't argue with you on that...I've seen him a bunch of times when he's come to the NY area...which as of recent wasn't much.....last time I saw him before 09 Bethpage was 06 Winged Foot (practice round). He's a very icy dude...although I wished him good luck at winged foot and he did say thank you...I got it on video to prove it...hahaha. I am a proponent of the notion that he is there for business/and the golf course is his hypothetical office; it takes extreme focus and concentration to play at the highest levels of the game; however, I do think he can "open up" a bit more to the crowd. I dont think he needs to play with that "aww shucks" mentality that Phil Mick plays with, but I do think he should be somewhat responsive to the crowd.

Last edited by MJC///M3; 08-25-2009 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
golfinz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
can't argue with you on that...I've seen him a bunch of times when he's come to the NY area...which as of recent wasn't much.....last time I saw him before 09 Bethpage was 06 Winged Foot (practice round). He's a very icy dude...although I wished him good luck at winged foot and he did say thank you...I got it on video to prove it...hahaha. I am a proponent of the notion that he is there for business/and the golf course is his hypothetical office; it takes extreme focus and concentration to play at the highest levels of the game; however, I do think he can "open up" a bit more to the crowd. I dont think he needs to play with that "aww shucks" mentality that Phil Mick plays with, but I do think he should be somewhat responsive to the crowd.
I kind of agree but how would you like thousands of people coming to your office screaming day in and day out. Most fans really dont care about him or have followed his career so he just keeps walking, especially at a tournament. He has a very very hard life, as do all athletes, and it is very hard to keep work and personal life separate, which Tiger does very well/the best out of any pro athlete. Tiger, outside of tournaments, is an ambassador for the game and every pro golfer I know loves him. Ive played golf at a very high level, played in college for 5 years, and I can somewhat relate to what he goes through. He is not being an ass or ignoring anyone, he is working and trying to be the best in the world.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #10
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
I kind of agree but how would you like thousands of people coming to your office screaming day in and day out. Most fans really dont care about him or have followed his career so he just keeps walking, especially at a tournament. He has a very very hard life, as do all athletes, and it is very hard to keep work and personal life separate, which Tiger does very well/the best out of any pro athlete. Tiger, outside of tournaments, is an ambassador for the game and every pro golfer I know loves him. Ive played golf at a very high level, played in college for 5 years, and I can somewhat relate to what he goes through. He is not being an ass or ignoring anyone, he is working and trying to be the best in the world.
eh i kinda agree with you but still an athlete is nothing without fans, when i met Phil he gladly signed my hat . I get that he takes his career serious as he should but he doesn't have to be a hard ass to his fans, and I'm not even a fan of his. What got me mad was he was done with his round and most golfers take the time to sign or shake hands but Tiger just walks past everyone like he doesn't care...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hence I said...I am a proponent of the idea that a golf course is his place of business. I have seen first hand how people literally harass him during tournaments, I almost got trampled at winged foot in 06, b/c I was on the side of the green he decided to come over to and sign a few autographs (practice round obvi), and it was literally a stampede to get near him.
Appreciate 0