E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Dallas Cowboys

01-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #89
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
fffuuuuuuuuu

i kill you last lol
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #90
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

"Rob Ryan is worthy of being a head coach..." Rob Ryan isn't worthy of being a head of lettuce...
      01-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #91
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

on the Eagles side our owner said "this is the most dissapointing year in 12 years" and "we're keeping Andy Reid for next year"

LOLWUT?
      01-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #92
guzman97
Rep
Drives: acura rsx

I'm not surprised that the Cowboys chocked yet again. Romo's just not that great.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #93
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
It's funny how it's always blamed on the QB. He definately threw away 2 games this year. But other than that, he had great numbers this season. And at times looked as good as any QB in the league. He can be great. Say what you will but no QB wins in this league without a D behind them. And our secondary is just God awful. They couldn't cover OR tackle anyone.

I know it's the popular thing to hate Romo. But every season he puts up pro bowl numbers. He has had oppurtunities when it mattered that he nutted and I realize that's what defines a QB in the end. But if you look at all the "Greats" in history, they had teams behind them when they finally won.

We have horrible chemistry. A fucking owner who won't STFU....and sub-par coaching.

He led a 4th qtr comeback with a broken rib and collapsed lung against one of the best teams in the league (49ers)...one of the best defenses in the league too. I think he played pretty well against the Giants this last game considering how bad our D was.

I thought I was done with him after the 1st couple games......but he came back and finished the season strong. There is much more blame to go around than on him.
      01-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #94
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
It's funny how it's always blamed on the QB. He definately threw away 2 games this year. But other than that, he had great numbers this season. And at times looked as good as any QB in the league. He can be great. Say what you will but no QB wins in this league without a D behind them. And our secondary is just God awful. They couldn't cover OR tackle anyone.

I know it's the popular thing to hate Romo. But every season he puts up pro bowl numbers. He has had oppurtunities when it mattered that he nutted and I realize that's what defines a QB in the end. But if you look at all the "Greats" in history, they had teams behind them when they finally won.

We have horrible chemistry. A fucking owner who won't STFU....and sub-par coaching.

He led a 4th qtr comeback with a broken rib and collapsed lung against one of the best teams in the league (49ers)...one of the best defenses in the league too. I think he played pretty well against the Giants this last game considering how bad our D was.

I thought I was done with him after the 1st couple games......but he came back and finished the season strong. There is much more blame to go around than on him.
I know. It's not fair
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #95
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
lol....I NEVER liked Owens.

This is a "Dallas Cowboys" thread. If you're not a fan, then of course it's going to be whining to you. It's funny...as much as we hate the Eagles, Redskins or Giants....it doesn't bother us nearly as much when tney win.....but all their fans hate us more than anything. So anything we discuss is whining, right?

So maybe you could put forth a reasonable post?
      01-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #96
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
no offense... but Kyle's post is amazing.. Seriously... I can still hear TO saying it..

And you are making the exact same argument TO was in that fateful interview..

Well done.. Kyle.. Well done.
      01-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:

the bolded statement is what i've been feeling all season. they've been beat more times this season than i'd like to remember...and this last game just made it abundantly clear that the secondary needs big changes if they stand a chance to do anything next year.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #98
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
lol....I NEVER liked Owens.

This is a "Dallas Cowboys" thread. If you're not a fan, then of course it's going to be whining to you. It's funny...as much as we hate the Eagles, Redskins or Giants....it doesn't bother us nearly as much when tney win.....but all their fans hate us more than anything. So anything we discuss is whining, right?

Sorry, but you'd be the only Cowboys fan that I've ever heard say "it doesn't bother us when the Eagles win."

I don't think I've heard those words come out of a Cowboys fan's mouth... ever.
      01-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #99
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Quote:
no offense... but Kyle's post is amazing.. Seriously... I can still hear TO saying it..

And you are making the exact same argument TO was in that fateful interview..

Well done.. Kyle.. Well done.
You're a NY fan....so of course you're going to say that....again....meaningless post...

Quote:
Sorry, but you'd be the only Cowboys fan that I've ever heard say "it doesn't bothers us when the Eagles win."

I'm not saying we like it...especially if they beat us....my point is that it bothers them and everyone else when we win 1,000 times more than it bothers us when they win. If anything, once we're out, I'll root for my division....may be crazy...but I do sometimes. Cowboys fans don't hate Philly nearly as much as they hate us....same with the Redskins and Giants....

If you started a thread titled "New York Giants" I bet you wouldn't have Cowboys fans chiming in with pointless posts calling you guys whiners just because you are trying to discuss what's wrong with your team with fellow fans....I would bet most fans (adults) could care less about that thread....

Last edited by gizmo335i; 01-04-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #100
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

lol, true. We get pissed off when we see Philly-born Cowboys fans.

But I personally hate NYG more
      01-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #101
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
You're a NY fan....so of course you're going to say that....again....meaningless post...

I'm not saying we like it...especially if they beat us....my point is that it bothers everyone else when we win 1,000 times more than it bother us when they win. If anything, once we're out, I'll root for my division....maybe crazy...but I do sometimes. Cowboys fans don't hate Philly nearly as much as they hate us....same with the Redskins and Giants....

If you started a thread titled "New York Giants" I bet you wouldn't have Cowboys fans chiming in with pointless posts calling you guys whiners just because you are trying to discuss what's wrong with your team with fellow fans....I would bet most fans (adults) could care less about that thread....
cool story bro
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #102
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Sorry, but you'd be the only Cowboys fan that I've ever heard say "it doesn't bother us when the Eagles win."

it doesn't bother us when the eagles win. they haven't won a super bowl ever, and a pre-SB championship since 1960...aka they haven't done jack shit. that makes the cowboys' championship drought look paltry by comparison. i don't see the eagles winning a super bowl anytime soon with the first team all-ghetto roster. but put together a roster of thugs and criminals and i don't think anyone would expect it to go swimmingly. let's face it...the eagles are the annoying redheaded step children of the NFC east. always talking shit but never backing it up.

on the same token, let's not get it twisted here...the giants barely made the playoffs, too. any NYG fan that really thinks they're going to make it through GB, let alone out of the wild card game, has some pretty lofty expectations. both wild cards have more wins and the giants only won a home field game because they simply got lucky that the east was so mediocre this year.

then there's washington...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #103
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
always talking shit but never backing it up.
Going 2-0 against the Cowboys this season?

I'd say they did pretty well for a group of money-hungry criminals
      01-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #104
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Going 2-0 against the Cowboys this season?

I'd say they did pretty well for a group of money-hungry criminals
how you managed to extrapolate that over the big statistic is beyond me. i'll repeat it since you didn't see it...0 (zero) super bowl wins. last NFL championship was 1960 (pre-super bowl). that's a 52 year drought. makes the cowboys' troubles seem trivial. but then again, cowboys playoff troubles are more publicized, because more is expected of them in general. everyone quit talking about the eagles weeks ago because not much was expected of them after they dropped so many games and no one really cares for them. in reality, the current cowboys and eagles teams aren't too far apart. a whole bunch of individuals that can't work together. so i stand by my original point that philly is the redheaded step child of the NFC east. always vying for attention, but can never close the deal when they get it. good or bad, the cowboys are always talked about. good or bad, the giants are always talked about. only good are the eagles ever talked about, but the conversation always ends in disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #105
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
...in reality, the current cowboys and eagles teams aren't too far apart. a whole bunch of individuals that can't work together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I know. It's not fair
The curse of TO....?
      01-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #106
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
The curse of TO....?
TO was a buster. i bet he's really crying now that no team will touch him and he's broke.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #107
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
TO was a buster. i bet he's really crying now that no team will touch him and he's broke.
He's paying some of these women over a quarter of a million dollars a year... that is absolutely absurd.
      01-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #108
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
how you managed to extrapolate that over the big statistic is beyond me. i'll repeat it since you didn't see it...0 (zero) super bowl wins. last NFL championship was 1960 (pre-super bowl). that's a 52 year drought. makes the cowboys' troubles seem trivial. but then again, cowboys playoff troubles are more publicized, because more is expected of them in general. everyone quit talking about the eagles weeks ago because not much was expected of them after they dropped so many games and no one really cares for them. in reality, the current cowboys and eagles teams aren't too far apart. a whole bunch of individuals that can't work together. so i stand by my original point that philly is the redheaded step child of the NFC east. always vying for attention, but can never close the deal when they get it. good or bad, the cowboys are always talked about. good or bad, the giants are always talked about. only good are the eagles ever talked about, but the conversation always ends in disappointment.
You're mad, not sure why though. Maybe because your season just ended.

Your past superbowl wins helped you how exactly this season?

I love how people rely on their past wins and championships, but only when they are CURRENTLY playing like shit. The argument is always, "Yea, you might have beat us this season, but we won so many championships so hah." Even now, the current regular season is over, and those losses are in the past. The Cowboys might just wipe the floor with the Eagles next year, but your superbowl wins from before aren't going to make that happen...

Good argument.

And how was more expected of the Cowboys this season than the Eagles? The Eagles season was the most disappointing of all NFL teams by far (statistically speaking). They had the numbers. How the hell does a team with the 3rd ranked offense and 8th ranked defense not even make it into playoffs?

For someone who claims to not really be bothered by the Eagles winning, you have a lot of hate for no real reason.
      01-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #109
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:

I love how people rely on their past wins and championships, but only when they are CURRENTLY playing like shit. The argument is always, "Yea, you might have beat us this season, but we won so many championships so hah." Even now, the current regular season is over, and those losses are in the past. The Cowboys might just wipe the floor with the Eagles next year, but your superbowl wins from before aren't going to make that happen...

Good argument.
You know what my favorite part of every season is?

When they talk about the year we won in 2007-08... Brings back so many fond memories of celebrating...

Don't you love it when they talk about when the Eagle won the...... oh yeah. Never mind.
      01-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #110
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
He's paying some of these women over a quarter of a million dollars a year... that is absolutely absurd.
that's what happens when you become an NFL journeyman and spread your fucked up seed in many different cities

Quote:
i'm not mad, buddy. just saying the things everyone thinks.

Quote:

Good argument.
predictable comeback by someone who has never drank from the victory chalice

Quote:
And how was more expected of the Cowboys this season than the Eagles? The Eagles season was the most disappointing of all NFL teams by far (statistically speaking). They had the numbers. How the hell does a team with the 3rd ranked offense and 8th ranked defense not even make it into playoffs?

For someone who claims to not really be bothered by the Eagles winning, you have a lot of hate for no real reason.
sure...a lot was expected of the eagles. they were supposed to be in the super bowl, remember? rock star thug roster that was supposed to prison ball up on the rest of the NFL. well that sure worked out. you're right that they are the most disappointing team in the NFL this year, but that does nothing to disprove my point that nobody cares about the eagles. as soon as they went into mediocrity, not a single fuck was given until they had one of those extremely outside shots at making the playoffs, which, of course, fizzled out really quickly. so i guess my question to you is the same you posed to me...how does a team with top 10 ranked offense and defense not make the playoffs?

Quote:
Don't you love it when they talk about when the Eagle won the...... oh yeah. Never mind.
hahaha

Name:  EagleTrophy-1.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  24.3 KB

i will always miss mcnabb as philly QB. he was so good at losing.
Appreciate 0