E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > hype kills things...

03-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Hey, findtom - I'll keep your words in mind while watching season 2 when it comes out on DVD in the future. I wonder why it's going downhill for season 2 - they changed writers?

I usually watch these shows with my g/f and I've seen a couple Nip Tuck episodes before - I like it but I'm not a big fan of the surgical shots, especially my g/f. I'm such a damn pansy.
      03-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #24
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
IMO the story was just played out. Think of the length of these TV shows in movie terms.... how many movies run out of substance half way through or manage to put out a decent sequel.

Haha... I know what you mean about the surgery in Nip Tuck. You kind of get used to it. Christian Troy is my hero.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #25
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

I liked Nip Tuck even in all 3 seasons. Sure I was sick of the wife a bit and of the son (forgot their names) but there was always something interesting happening or some twist that made it interesting. Plus I rarely saw hype for the show minus the last episode which was marketed to death and was predictable.

Lost each week has a trailer at the end showing the highlights of the next episode which typically is the last 5 minutes in a cliffhanger that just leads to another trailer while the first 40 minutes are filled mostly with fluff or adding yet another plot element yet not working to solve any of the myriad of existing ones. It is to the point now where there are so many plots open that I have lost track of many of them. The one or two episode on and break period doesn't help either.

I haven't seen one episode of the Sopranos (I don't have HBO) but I'd like to see them all from season 1 when I get a chance, I like mafia type movies so I'd probably enjoy them if I believe the "hype",
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #26
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

And the best thing of all about the Sopranos (I haven't watched them yet but have them queued on BlockBuster Online!) is that from season 1, everything is shot in widescreen!

What a blessing for my HDTV!