E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need a new phone..im an idiot

03-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #45
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Well.. let me say it helps to be a cute girl. The guy who helped me a few months ago (when my 1st phone died) remembered my name. So he saw me in there this morning but he was busy with another customer. So he texted me tonight and asked me what was up ,and i should have talked to him. Turns out he can give me my same phone, brand new, and try to take off some of the fees to get my bill lower.
      03-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #46
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Turns out he can give me my same phone, brand new, and try to take off some of the fees to get my bill lower.
In exchange for... ? !
      03-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #47
nabutes
career student
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Quote:
Well.. let me say it helps to be a cute girl. The guy who helped me a few months ago (when my 1st phone died) remembered my name. So he saw me in there this morning but he was busy with another customer. So he texted me tonight and asked me what was up ,and i should have talked to him. Turns out he can give me my same phone, brand new, and try to take off some of the fees to get my bill lower.

HA...and I bet you've also never waited in line to get into a club before...

Damn hot girls...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #48
wweoholic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

nabutes said it well.... Notice how he didnt say "Damn cute girls" (which was the chararactistic you labeled your self in the above thread) RATHER he said "Damn 'hot' girls".....
      03-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #49
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
I had Verizon and switched to AT&T (then it became Cingular and now it's AT&T again) about 2-years ago and regret it. Verizon coverage is excellent.

I was an AT&T customer before Cingular purchased them. Great reception and great customer service. After Cingular purchased AT&T everything went to crap. I left them and have been at Verizon ever since.

BTW, the only reason Cingular has gone back to the AT&T name in because it has more brand recognition.

Last edited by SCA; 03-23-2006 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #50
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
Whoever told you that is full of it. It was a grandfather clause, unless you made a change to your plan they can not randomly change it because they no longer offer it.
agree.

verizon has the best reception. i have some friends that have cingular and t-mobile, and reception is a lot more sketchy. when my friend sends a mass text from his cingular phone, my friends and i on verizon will never receive it. i've also seen weird crap where people on cingular recieve texts that are days old. do they still have the "all circuits busy" problem?

i just wished verizon had a better selection of phones.
      03-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #51
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
razr or v815

I have the 815 and love it...

i have that phone too but i pretended to lose it so i could make the people at verizon feel bad for me and give me a discount on the new razr. didnt work. they did however, give me a new 815 since mine was scratched.

just stay with verizon they cost a ltitle more than other providers, but there's a reason for that. they're the best get the razr! i really want the magenta colored one. so pretty.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 11:27 AM   #52
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Verizon is rated the best in coverage and service nationwide. Stick with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #53
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
I was an AT&T customer before Cingular purchased them. Great reception and great customer shit. After Cingular purchased AT&T everything went to crap. I left them and have been at Verizon ever since.

BTW, the only reason Cingular has gone back to the AT&T name in because it has more brand recognition.

i beat all you guys! i had PACBELL before it was CINGULAR back when i was like in 6th grade. i woke up one morning and my phone went frm "pacbell" and changed to "cingular" and ya

i got ATT after that, and then att became cingular. so i was stuck in a rut again. and thennn.. i got Spring PCS because my friensd had sprint so we wanted mobile-mobile. sprint was pretty okayyy, i think its up there with verizon. after my contract ended, my parents just got verizon because everyone praised it.

i also use tmobile for my sidekick and its garbage. gar-bajjjj. it always cuts in and out when im inside a big building and sometimes wont send my text messages, even if i have reception.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #54
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon
i just wished verizon had a better selection of phones.

I could not agree with you more. That is the only downfall to Verizon. The phone selection sucks.

BTW, There are 3 types cellular networks in the US. Best to worst, CDMA (Verizon, Sprint & U.S. Cellular. I'm sure there are more) GSM (Cingular & T-Mobile. Also used in Europe - SIM Card), and TDMA (Formerly used by AT&T, SunCom, and in some parts of the US still used by T-Mobile). TDMA worked great in areas with lots of hills and Mtns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
i beat all you guys! i had PACBELL before it was CINGULAR back when i was like in 6th grade.
Here in the Southeast it was BellSouth Mobility prior to Cingular.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #55
red_wagen
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: with a grin...

Quote:
Good for you. Now go see if you can get an upgrade to a 330i
      03-23-2006, 11:54 AM   #56
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_wagen

Exactly!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #57
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_wagen
A ha! On to the next step... Hmm ....
haha!

Im gonna go to verizon after class today to speak with my friend down there. He better not want something in return or else ill REALLY cancel verizon. But, my way of offering that something in return is my restaurant. I always hook em up with a pizza or somehting. So hey the next best thing to sex is.. pizza! And im going to get a new phone. But ppl have told me the rzor sucks asss!
      03-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #58
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ppl have told me the rzor sucks asss!

I have heard the samething. Exactly why I do not own one.

Go here to read some reviews on it.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/use...?phone=767&s=d
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #59
Squawks
United_States
Rep

My big bro has it and I think it's cool. Really thin although it's bigger lengthwise and widthwise compared to other phones. Nice to go with alongside my wallet in my pocket.

The worst thing about it is that it's not as comfortable holding it during long talks compared to other thicker phones...gosh!
      03-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #60
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I was thinking of getting the LG v. But that is a text magnet.. keyboard and all. But im good using the T9 function, so its almost like re-learning. Then i was thinking of getting LG XV8100. The pink razor is cute to but a lil too girly. Ive heard the LG8100 is a great phone..so thats prob my #1 choice
Attached Images

03-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #61
red_wagen
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: with a grin...

Quote:
A ha! On to the next step... Hmm ....
haha!

Im gonna go to verizon after class today to speak with my friend down there. He better not want something in return or else ill REALLY cancel verizon. But, my way of offering that something in return is my restaurant. I always hook em up with a pizza or somehting. So hey the next best thing to sex is.. pizza! And im going to get a new phone. But ppl have told me the rzor sucks asss!
You'd better bring some of that.....pizza back east...
      03-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #62
Squawks
United_States
Rep

The 8100 looks good. Sometimes I wonder why they can't just make these phones with internal antennaes instead of having that damned thing stick out annoyingly.

T9 is perfectly fine for texting - a keyboard isn't needing. I think you'll save just seconds of your valuable life using keyboard/thumbs over the typical T9.
      03-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #63
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
The 8100 looks good. Sometimes I wonder why they can't just make these phones with internal antennaes instead of having that damned thing stick out annoyingly.

T9 is perfectly fine for texting - a keyboard isn't needing. I think you'll save just seconds of your valuable life using keyboard/thumbs over the typical T9.
Hhaa i just noticed the antennae sticking out.. ugh! But my phone has it now too.. so i guess i never really cared before.
      03-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #64
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was thinking of getting the LG v. But that is a text magnet.. keyboard and all. But im good using the T9 function, so its almost like re-learning. Then i was thinking of getting LG XV8100. The pink razor is cute to but a lil too girly.

THe 8100 is supposedly a good phone. Before going to Vail, CO last week the cute sales woman @ Verizon was trying to get me to purchase one. My contract is up so the pressure is on for me to sign another one. I'll probably get the Motorola V325. Gets pretty good owner reviews and it is a tri-mode. My 0.02, Verizon's all digital coverage is still not that great.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #65
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hhaa i just noticed the antennae sticking out.. ugh! But my phone has it now too.. so i guess i never really cared before.
Change your evil avatar.
      03-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #66
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Change your evil avatar.