E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Incase you were wondering...

03-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #67
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
thanks dude. Implying I was lying before is not cool, hence the rage. I will try what you said, hope it works!
Are you sure that wasn't the 'roids talking?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #68
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom

Hey, sharp - I used to jog/run a bit as well but gave that up, thinking it was kind of weird to be lifting weights and jogging - they contradict each other. When you lift, you're trying to get bigger whereas jogging (or any other cardio form of exercise) can trim you down.

Hence why all the marathon winners are so skinny and the sprinters are huge/cut-up.
      03-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #69
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
LOL! naa. I'd like to have a functioning liver and would rather not have a bypass. I'd be putting up some real weight if I did that. And I'd be a lot more enraged
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #70
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Hey, you two he-men - I was just curious what body-building diets you guys carried out back during the gym days.

I tried the low carb/high-prot/meat diet back in college and it was insane. I gave it up. A dozen eggs a day? Damn, I couldn't take it after a while.

sharp's advice is right on the money. works for me
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #71
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:

Hey, sharp - I used to jog/run a bit as well but gave that up, thinking it was kind of weird to be lifting weights and jogging - they contradict each other. When you lift, you're trying to get bigger whereas jogging (or any other cardio form of exercise) can trim you down.

Hence why all the marathon winners are so skinny and the sprinters are huge/cut-up.

Ha ha ha...that's why you've got to get the proper system down. Sure, if all you do is eat lightly and run all the time, then of course you're going to stay skinny and never bulk up.

However, with my proven system, you too can look your best and feel great!

It works like this: as far as I'm concerned, there are two important phases of exercise. One is strength training, and the other is cardio work. Not to brag, but my shoulders, pectorals, bicepts and forearms are really quite built. Granted, I've been weightlifting for about 5 years now, but I still don't have a very defined core...like a "six-pack". My abdominal muscles are very well exercised and firm, but because of my eating habbits, I've got some excess flab around my lower stomach and lovehandles.

So what I do now is, even though I haven't really adjusted my eating habbits, I do work more cardio work to try and burn some of the "light" fat that actually covers some of my more exercised muscles.

That's the key. Most people can have a defined core without ever working out. However, it's often hidden by thin (or sometimes not so thin) layers of fat.

I've got kind of a screwed up system, but it's actually starting to work. I've got excess fat in those areas, but since I'm doing more cardio work, I'm beginning to see a more defined core, since I've always exercised my abs by doing 5 different exercises with them.

A lot of time you hear people saying they want to bulk up. A really skinny guy or girl could be completely ripped and weigh only 100 pounds. However, you've got to work on putting on the weight and then convert it into muscle. That said, some guy could weigh 300 pounds and be really strong. But unfortunately, unless all that weight is all muscle mass, that person won't look as good as he could if he was able to lose about 30-40 pounds of fat. It's really a delicate balance.

But I love jogging. It's good for your heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, and even your lymphatic system.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #72
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

"Bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good."
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #73
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

This might be a whole cow

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2006, 07:26 AM   #74
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbolo
thanks dude. Implying I was lying before is not cool, hence the rage. I will try what you said, hope it works!
No worries Stoutland brought that in his bag of O-line tricks when he came from Syracuse. And why are you getting phased by the tree hugging vegetarians..... you should be immune theres plenty in Cali more in Frisco

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2006, 07:36 AM   #75
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Quote:

If you jog or do any hard cardio for less than 20-25 minutes you will not lose muscle mass. I am assuming thats what your talking about. So stop using that as an excuse and get off your ass and eat some burgers!

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #76
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Hey, good to hear, then.

I'm apparently one of those freaks already reaching the apex of weight and can no longer gain any more, no matter how much more I eat. Even when I go back to lifting (and lifting makes you eat almost three times more) I still can't gain any bulk.

Not a big fan of taking protein whey, creatine, (or even 'roids) and all kinds of that GNC crap (like docbolo said, the folks here in CA gyms are as fake as most boobs of Californian girls). I'm just trying to go au naturale, baby!
      03-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #77
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

GNC's Megaman Sport Vitamins are pretty decent. Apparently they're all natural, unlike centrum or one a day that is synthetic.
Appreciate 0