E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Spinning Class

11-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Spinning Class

Does anyone here do spinning class? I remember a thread about this a reaal long time ago but can't find it. Anyway, I started a little while back but am kinda unsure about it.

So, to all those people (or person) who spin I gotta couple of questions. Does this actually work? I'm trying to replace my normal cardio with spinning but I'm kinda worried since it only really trains your quads. I went all out today and my quads burned at the end but nothing on my hamstrings. Is this normal or is this from poor form?

I'm trying to cut weight before I start heavy lifting again and so I was thinking about doing this for a couple of months with supplemental weight training but I'm starting to notice a sharp decline in strength. All in my head I guess.

I learned early that improper seat positioning equals massive grundel pain. Damn that isht hurt in the beginning.
      11-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Spinning class huh? Wana learn to meatspin?
      11-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
BrianDesigns
Rep
Drives: Legs

I usually don't say this, but it really depends in this case. I have spinning class as phys Ed at school and the teacher is leaning towards weight loss and muscle toning. I also do classes at the Y and that is more cardio. Either way, trust me, the spinnage is great workout. If you think that your not training your heart as much, just put more resistance than usual on climbs and pedal a lot faster on sprints.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
As long as your diet is in check then you'll lose weight.

Of course it's a good form of cardio. I've never done it, but my friends that have loved it. And most did it at least twice a week.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Spin classes are a great work out, and you will be suprised how many muscles are sore after the class, its not just your quads. You will sweat more in a spin class then in almost any other activity. You will benefit by having riding shorts and clip in shoes. Padded shorts for obvious reasons, but the shoes help because you can pull up as you push down and pedal in a "circle" it is a great work out and a great way to burn calories.

My wife loves spin class, I don't really like it, I guess I should give it another try. I don't think I have ever set the bike up properly and it was awkward for me. With the wet season upon us I will try to like it I guess....
Appreciate 0