E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Are you into the paranormal?

10-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #23
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
I don't believe in that shit but I know it exists.
Great quote!

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Legit question here....not trying to be antagonistic.

In medicine, it seems that in some cases placebos have an effect on a group, if they believe they are being given the real thing. And I think in general, most of us would admit if we thought we were experiencing something real, we would be more sensitive / inclined to believe this thing was happening.

So, question is - for those that have "experienced" a ghost (where the air got colder, etc)...do you think this could be a placebo effect? Your body telling you the temperature was different (or perhaps you were just scared/nervous at what you thought you were seeing so it felt cold, and then it wore off when you realized nothing was there).

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The common element seems to be situations where you, in your mind, would put something supernatural. You NEVER hear people say they were driving to work in broad daylight and their grandfather appeared in the passengers seat. It just doesn't happen. It always seems to happen in the middle of the night.

I'm guilty of it myself. When I walk out to our garbage shed in the dark, I'll hear leaves move and skip over squirrel, chipmunk, dog, cat, and deer and go straight to zombie attack. I was so bothered by this until I took a figurative step back and said to myself "will I literally be the first human ever to be attacked by a zombie?" and my ailment was cured and that trip no longer bothers me (unless The Walking Dead is in season, then the garbage just has to wait until morning...).

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #26
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I don't think I can placebo 3 nail marks down my arm when I was walking around in open air.

I do however think that the body has natural reactions to fear, otherwise, fear wouldn't be an emotion that runs through your body. Some things I am definitely skeptical about, but that's exactly what the paranormal is...., speculation and experiences.

When I watch shows like Ghost Hunters, and they walk around with EVP's, and they "decipher" what voices are being portrayed through it..., I am a little skeptical on the noises they claim are "DEATH" "MARY" "KILL THEM ALL". That stuff I don't really buy.

However, they do catch things moving on their own, and then stopping, in areas where there is virtually no way a breeze or anything could move such objects.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #27
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Back in my days as a youth pastor, I've seen it all. It's not as scary when you understand what you're dealing with.

Not sure if it's considered paranormal, but I've witnessed a lady squirm around on the ground like a snake to a point where it looked physically impossible. It was as though none of her bones were in her body.

Also, what do you guys think of this? Specifically at 0:59 you can see what looks the a "spirit" consume her body. I'm sure most people would argue drugs, mental issues, etc...

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #28
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I don't really believe in ghosts, but while we're on the subject of strange shit happening...one night, while living with a buddy of mine in the house he just purchased (~2007) I invited a buddy of mine over to watch some crazy action flick (I don't remember what) on my roommate's (who was out of town) HD projector in his enormous game room. He has a little too much to drink and decides to crash out on the couch in the game room (upstairs where all the house's bedrooms are) for the night. I go to my room and just as I'm about to fall asleep there's this loud ass *BANG* that shakes the fucking house right above where his head was in the game room. I hear him squeal\shout something that sounds akin to "WTF!?" and I come running out of my room. I assume something in the attic (structurally) just decided to happen, so we turn on all the lights, I go grab a flashlight and get up in the attic. Nothing...I mean nothing is up there and I could find no damage of any kind where the noise came from. Never heard the sound again while living there.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #29
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Broad evening light, all the bathroom lights on. I'm getting dressed for a family event where I need a nice tie to go with the outfit. I think of how my grandpa used to dress nice, and a tie falls off the rack. Matched perfectly to what I was wearing.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #30
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

One time during my senior year of high school I went on a retreat with a varsity team I played on. Somehow after a few drinks we ended up playing with an Ouija board. It was a nice night and all, but that was what seemed like fun at the time. All of a sudden a storm came up and lightning hit the tree right next to the cabin and it fell on the roof. We stopped playing.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #31
chillbil79
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan

I believe in the paranormal. Mainly bc my mom would tell stories of her past experiences as a child.

On another note,..........

If you think there is a ghost or spirit in your home or presence for that matter, ......my idea is to just whip your D. out and start jacking away!!!!!

Start talking to the ghost asking if it likes it. Make it real , real uncomfortable for the ghost!

That's my plan
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #32
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Can't say I've ever witnessed any paranormal stuff like people have been posting here. Well, I guess that's not entirely true. There was this one time, I saw this guy was getting shot at, and he was trying to return fire, but more and more of the enemy was appearing on the scene, and really starting to outnumber him. It was not looking good, and yet, he was not retreating.

Then, suddenly, he heard this voice in his head, "Run Luke, Run !", so he stopped trying to stand his ground, and ran aboard the Millenium Falcon, and they were able to escape safely. It probably would not have ended so well had he remained there. Clearly some spirit from beyond was protecting him.
      10-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #33
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Someone get some gasoline, and drive a large stake into the ground. I'll get Billup there by telling him there will be boobs and booz there.

10-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #34
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Someone get some gasoline, and drive a large stake into the ground. I'll get Billup there by telling him there will be boobs and booz there.

Did you say boobs and booze? May I inquire as to where?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
Spandexder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

IMHO “ghosts” are real, but they not what you think they are. From a Christian perspective they are demons. They are sent out like soldiers to scare us, trick us, and if possible make our lives miserable. Simply put, demons hate God. Why do they hate God? Satan their leader was thrown out of Heaven. - Revelation 12:7-12 (NKJV) “7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
We were created by God, and therefore they HATE you (and me) they want us to suffer, experience pain and die. Anything to get us from acknowledging there is a God, loving our God, or doing anything Godlike-like helping our fellow man. Oh, and the “ghosts” they certainly can scare you but the name of Christ has power over them. You want to end a “ghost” encounter quickly? Call on Christ’s name for help, I GUARNATEE you they will flee. The question you have to ask yourself is why did they flee?
One last piece of advice, if you know someone who plays with a Ouija board they are opening themselves to attack. It's not unlike a hot girl at a outlaw biker bar with a sign around her neck saying "I'd like some action" What do you think is going to happen to that girl? Exactly. Don’t be that girl…
      10-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #36
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexder View Post
It's not unlike a hot girl at a outlaw biker bar with a sign around her neck saying "I'd like some action" What do you think is going to happen to that girl? Exactly. Don’t be that girl…
Dude. Read the rules. Don't bring God into this thread. You can have your beliefs, but just state, "ghosts are demons to me".

I didn't even read the first part of what you said honestly, because the first line in OP was don't do exactly what you just did. Shame on you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #37
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
IMHO “ghosts” are real, but they not what you think they are. From a Christian perspective they are demons. They are sent out like soldiers to scare us, trick us, and if possible make our lives miserable. Simply put, demons hate God. Why do they hate God? Satan their leader was thrown out of Heaven. - Revelation 12:7-12 (NKJV) “7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
We were created by God, and therefore they HATE you (and me) they want us to suffer, experience pain and die. Anything to get us from acknowledging there is a God, loving our God, or doing anything Godlike-like helping our fellow man. Oh, and the “ghosts” they certainly can scare you but the name of Christ has power over them. You want to end a “ghost” encounter quickly? Call on Christ’s name for help, I GUARNATEE you they will flee. The question you have to ask yourself is why did they flee?
One last piece of advice, if you know someone who plays with a Ouija board they are opening themselves to attack. It's not unlike a hot girl at a outlaw biker bar with a sign around her neck saying "I'd like some action" What do you think is going to happen to that girl? Exactly. Don’t be that girl…
Although I agree with all of this, Billup already stated to keep this stuff out. You have to go to the sub section for this bro.

Back OT, paranormal activity one is still the 2nd most scariest movie with the original exorcist in a close first.

All these gimmicky new horror films look terrible...but that's because I won't watch them haha
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #38
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Although I agree with all of this, Billup already stated to keep this stuff out. You have to go to the sub section for this bro.

Back OT, paranormal activity one is still the 2nd most scariest movie with the original exorcist in a close first.

All these gimmicky new horror films look terrible...but that's because I won't watch them haha
I read what you put up top and meant to respond. Things like that are creepy as shit to me. People on drugs usually strip naked and cut themselves open (pcp), but they usually don't convulse like that. Something is fucked up. I don't know what, but it's something.

To be honest, I haven't seen Paranormal Activity year because my ex couldn't watch anything remotely freaky. Not even Ghost Hunters. I heard it was creepy as shit, so now that she gone, I need to watch it.

I don't really like horror films. Paranormal shit, yeah. Everything else, meh.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #39
Spandexder
United_States
Rep

Billup, yup, you did say. However, your original post is non-sensical to a believer. Who do you think runs the after life, Shriners wearing fez's and driving tiny cars? My point is somebody does, you asked.
      10-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #40
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I don't understand why ghosts have to be demons.
What about the people who seem their dead grandma and it ends up being a positive experience. I'm not going to be the one to tell them their dead granny is now a demon
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #41
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Billup, yup, you did say. However, your original post is non-sensical to a believer. Who do you think runs the after life, Shriners wearing fez's and driving tiny cars? My point is somebody does, you asked.
I am a believer myself, however, what my take on religion is, is not what my initial question was. This is about physical phenomenas that someone has experienced, not about if a spirit is a demon or an angel, and you went overboard with bringing the Bible verses.

I'm not going to tell you who I think runs it, because my belief is similar to yours. Now if you have any bit of intelligence left in your head, you will understand what I am saying to you, and anyone else for that matter.

If you've had an experienced paranormal, please share. If not, get the fuck out man.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #42
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I don't understand why ghosts have to be demons.
What about the people who seem their dead grandma and it ends up being a positive experience. I'm not going to be the one to tell them their dead granny is now a demon
Because people who are fixated on a single ideology, think one way and can't understand a different perspective. I am a firm believer that there are spirits of amazing people, who are afraid to leave their family behind as their protector, or have suffered something that's caused confusion on where they truly need to be.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #43
Spandexder
United_States
Rep

If you want me to explain offline I will. I just don't want to offend Billup or others here...
      10-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #44
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Did you say boobs and booze? May I inquire as to where?
112 Ocean Avenue