E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Stock market tips and experiences

08-15-2014, 03:05 AM   #4401
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
this thread is funny...dont think I would have to work so hard on the wife to get the M3 but now I am trying for the 14' GTR...I will break her soon...
Get both! Why not?
JUst tell your wife that you will have a bigger gain, and M3 and GTR would definitely be a factor.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #4402
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
this thread is funny...dont think I would have to work so hard on the wife to get the M3 but now I am trying for the 14' GTR...I will break her soon...
Knowing you, I'm sure if you just traded for an extra week or two you could afford the M3 as well.

I think this is extremely bearish news.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...reasuries.html
U.S. Investment Outflow Reaches Record as China Sells Treasuries
By Kasia Klimasinska Aug 15, 2014 8:00 AM CT
1 Comment Email Print

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn

Save

The U.S. posted a record cross-border investment outflow in June as China and Japan, the two top foreign holders of Treasuries, sold U.S. debt.

The total net outflow of U.S. securities and banking transfers was $153.5 billion, after an inflow of $33.1 billion the previous month, the Treasury Department said in a report today.

China’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries declined by $2.5 billion to $1.27 trillion, while Japanese holdings dropped $600 million to $1.22 trillion, according to Treasury report today. Holdings in Belgium climbed to $364.1 billion, the report showed.

Investors in Treasuries lost 0.1 percent in June, according to Bloomberg World Bond (BUSY) Indexes. The Bloomberg U.S. Dollar Index, a gauge of the greenback’s value against 10 major currencies weighted by liquidity and trade flows, lost 0.7 percent in June.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kasia Klimasinska in Washington at kklimasinska@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Chris Wellisz at cwellisz@bloomberg.net Brendan Murray, Mark Rohner

Soros has also built up a record high SPY put position.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #4403
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

Uh oh. Market's starting to take a dump.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #4404
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Intl' finance will prob f us. The excessive MS coming from foreign country would one one of the bubble. Let's just look at the extreme case scenerio.
Extreme case would be if countries drop USD for oil would be one. It will flood the dollar back into our country PLUS all the crap we printed out.... lol

However, more immediate and realistic ones I see right now are:

-shift in sector/funds. High betas down, defensive goes up. We've almost reached relative maximum.
-Retail sector gets hit consecutively (happening for past 3trading days). Just look at DDS, M, JCP, WMT, TGT, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Knowing you, I'm sure if you just traded for an extra week or two you could afford the M3 as well.

I think this is extremely bearish news.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...reasuries.html
U.S. Investment Outflow Reaches Record as China Sells Treasuries
By Kasia Klimasinska Aug 15, 2014 8:00 AM CT
1 Comment Email Print

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn

Save

The U.S. posted a record cross-border investment outflow in June as China and Japan, the two top foreign holders of Treasuries, sold U.S. debt.

The total net outflow of U.S. securities and banking transfers was $153.5 billion, after an inflow of $33.1 billion the previous month, the Treasury Department said in a report today.

China’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries declined by $2.5 billion to $1.27 trillion, while Japanese holdings dropped $600 million to $1.22 trillion, according to Treasury report today. Holdings in Belgium climbed to $364.1 billion, the report showed.

Investors in Treasuries lost 0.1 percent in June, according to Bloomberg World Bond (BUSY) Indexes. The Bloomberg U.S. Dollar Index, a gauge of the greenback’s value against 10 major currencies weighted by liquidity and trade flows, lost 0.7 percent in June.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kasia Klimasinska in Washington at kklimasinska@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Chris Wellisz at cwellisz@bloomberg.net Brendan Murray, Mark Rohner

Soros has also built up a record high SPY put position.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #4405
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

Nasdaq is at 14 year highs.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #4406
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

^

When NASDAQ reaches 5100, I will party like it was 1999-2000 (1Q)

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #4407
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

So we just bought 40k shares of tvix @ $2.73. We'll see how that plays out

Also, I casually mentioned that we enlisted the services of an Edward jones financial advisor a couple of months ago. I figured I would give you her stock picks for free. So apparently as of last week she's long on coca cola, Pfizer, and verizon. All three are dividend paying stocks (although that can change any day). Coca cola actually gained about 5% since she bought shares for us so that's a good start. Pfizer and Verizon are around the same price. Verizon's dividend is at 4.9% at the moment, but who knows when that will change.

Since Edward jones charges an outrageous 2.5% front end commission for each trade, she made these picks with the intention of holding them for several years.

Note: buying tvix was not her idea. That's just a fun little high risk experiment we're doing. If we lost 100% of our tvix position it wouldn't matter.

She also bought shares in several mutual funds but I won't bore you with that.

I couldn't tell you why she chose coca cola, verizon, and Pfizer. I'm just the messenger
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #4408
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

TVIX is little too early for my taste, but I am sure it will play out well. I think TVIX is probably better than proshare shorts or any other bear ETFs.

I guess the EdJones FA loves "Blue Chips" OR EJ analyst sees bear or corrections near future ,and FA is recommending to go defensive.

I agree. 2.5% is really steep!

I am long on AMD, and plan to own Sprint within 2-6days.
I am very tempted to short TMUS at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
So we just bought 40k shares of tvix @ $2.73. We'll see how that plays out

Also, I casually mentioned that we enlisted the services of an Edward jones financial advisor a couple of months ago. I figured I would give you her stock picks for free. So apparently as of last week she's long on coca cola, Pfizer, and verizon. All three are dividend paying stocks (although that can change any day). Coca cola actually gained about 5% since she bought shares for us so that's a good start. Pfizer and Verizon are around the same price. Verizon's dividend is at 4.9% at the moment, but who knows when that will change.

Since Edward jones charges an outrageous 2.5% front end commission for each trade, she made these picks with the intention of holding them for several years.

Note: buying tvix was not her idea. That's just a fun little high risk experiment we're doing. If we lost 100% of our tvix position it wouldn't matter.

She also bought shares in several mutual funds but I won't bore you with that.

I couldn't tell you why she chose coca cola, verizon, and Pfizer. I'm just the messenger
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #4409
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
TVIX is little too early for my taste, but I am sure it will play out well. I think TVIX is probably better than proshare shorts or any other bear ETFs.

I guess the EdJones FA loves "Blue Chips" OR EJ analyst sees bear or corrections near future ,and FA is recommending to go defensive.

I agree. 2.5% is really steep!

I am long on AMD, and plan to own Sprint within 2-6days.
I am very tempted to short TMUS at this time.
You're right, it may be too early to look at TVIX but bear in mind (pun intended ) we're using tvix to hedge against a catastrophic drop in the market while still enjoying the current rally (albeit at a tempered pace). If SPY gained 1% tomorrow and TVIX simultaneously lost 10%, our net TVIX + SPY holding will have gained 0.5%. Having a position in TVIX tempers the overall gain in the short term but it also mitigates against catastrophic drops in the market. It's being used as a buffer (or more specifically a hedge) in the same vein that nnnnnnnnnnnnn described several pages ago, and in that regard this may be the right time to use it if you think a correction is on the horizon.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #4410
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

A significant intermediate top coming soon...I will guess SPX 2028.26...lol.

Then a "scare everyone shitless" selloff this fall(a decent selloff this time(unlike previous tops)...then a run towards all time highs again...then grab the popcorn cause you better bet on "the top" and a recession.

But for a short while longer, the longs are good.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #4411
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Did you guys buy MSFT as I advised? If not please proceed immediately. 8/30 is looming...
      08-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #4412
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333
A significant intermediate top coming soon...I will guess SPX 2028.26...lol.

Then a "scare everyone shitless" selloff this fall(a decent selloff this time(unlike previous tops)...then a run towards all time highs again...then grab the popcorn cause you better bet on "the top" and a recession.

But for a short while longer, the longs are good.
AAPL closed at an ATH. Seems fitting. I hope you're right though, I'm getting impatient waiting for an opportunity to go bearish. I haven't been a confident bull for a few months now.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #4413
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

1. Taser. I didn't buy it, but Axom sales speculations after Furguson problem made 30% in 4-5 days possible. GPRO on similar boat. I really do not like the Taser X2 and X3 model at the price. PD or ind officers has to buy new equipment and new cartridges which cost more than X26/M26 models. That is a huge turn off. Most of big dept at least in CO aren't upgrading it. Co. Springs is only one major dept which upgraded their taser device.

2. After ^GSPC hits 2000, Which it can happen within 5 trading days, I believe it can go upto 2080-2100 from sheepies increase in share demand (getting out of sideline). 2100 GSPC is off of the Traditional Technical, but I think it will happen.
New $ getting into the market is always welcome, but also need to be more cautious.

3. AMD steady gain. $4.27 is good. Bought @ 3.80s Still as planned. Plan to get rid of it 4.80ish. (after doing MY TA, options move, shorties activities , etc).

4. Sprint. I know some of traders who trade base on Traditional Technical got burned on Sprint after -18% day. It was about week (or so ) ago. From MY chart, I think I will probably get on it within 4 trading days.
Investors (retail and institution) will focus more on Fundamental on this more than traditional Technical. From cutting profit margin, they will recalculate the gross profit, EBITDA, and EPS. THen they will recalculate the entire Income statement, and review the balance sheet.
This justifies the drop beyond the loss after -18% day.
However, major deal will be the churn and new contracts.
They need to sell it to customer about spectrum, over subscriptions of VZ, TMUS, and etc etcetc etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #4414
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

On a technical analysis note, how many of you guys use Volume Profiles? I love using Volume at Price to gauge where stocks could get bounces (the point of control aka POC).
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #4415
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

^
I look at volume carefully. That is one of variable which "some" newbie Technical guys miss. I do not use Volume profile and tpo chart. I mean, I will look at it to see some stock I do not follow, but I do not analyze base on that specific way.
It uses 2d graph and apply it in a same 2d chart. (just like HP AND Torque on y-axis respect to rpm on x-axis).
I prefer using it in 3D - P(t,v) in Cartesian coordinate.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #4416
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Get both! Why not?
JUst tell your wife that you will have a bigger gain, and M3 and GTR would definitely be a factor.
wrong thread...that was for the M3 thread "how to break it to your wife you want an M3"....lol....
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #4417
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Gooooooo $BAC
      08-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #4418
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

SPX almost at 2k. It doesn't look like it'll pause there though, even though we're up over 5% off the lows made two weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #4419
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Gooooooo $BAC
Damn right!! BAC is one of my largest holdings right now!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #4420
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
SPX almost at 2k. It doesn't look like it'll pause there though, even though we're up over 5% off the lows made two weeks ago.
^GSPC- 2010.
If sheepies on the sideline comes in slowly and slowly into the market, it MAY go higher. Basically "all time high" coverage on media is a LURE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
Damn right!! BAC is one of my largest holdings right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Gooooooo $BAC
I was watching BAC since it was 4's. I miss this one. I never thought....

CONGRATS!

Quote:
wrong thread...that was for the M3 thread "how to break it to your wife you want an M3"....lol....
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1018277
LOL. your thread would be:
"how to break it to your wife you want a GTR AND M3"

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #4421
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

DDD and VJET are taking off again.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #4422
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

In on Sprint at 5.53ish. At least 50cent more than what I wanted to pay for. Didn't buy too much, so we shall see.
Appreciate 0