E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW 320d-Run Flats to normal tyres!!

05-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
BrianoBMWE90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

BMW 320d-Run Flats to normal tyres!!

Hi to all,

Can anybody help??

Just joined Bimmerpost today, have acquired my first BMW320 05 model.
As the roads here in southern Ireland are extremely harsh on this car as it had run flat tyres fitted to it from new. I ve changed them to normal road tyes this morning at the garage. I put on 225-45-17 and the difference to the way the car drives to unbelievable.
I have one issue now tho and that is I must try and find myself a spare wheel kit for with the space saver wheel and the insert for the boot and also the jack and wheel brace! Can anbody help me in finding these items?
Maybe somebody out there has done the same as myself and found the items? Tryed Ebay and the likes but no good?
Cheers
B
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
I have same car and same tyres, albeit mine is 2006

Anyway, agreeing with you on better driving comfort, the issue of repair kit was also something I considered.

My advice? Buy mobility kit and jack-wrench kit from BMW. It is all kind of nice and fitting well into the car, the wrench is set to tighten bolts as hard as BMW recommends, and the things come in nice BMW boxes haha.

But on space saver? Get one for E60. My dealer told me they have that, as E60 in europe once came with normal tyres too apparently and space saver is available. Just have to make them search. It won't be cheap i guess but that's a good option with space saver.

I didnt take it, simply as I have a set of 16in wheels with winter tyres in the basement, and when I have to drive out of town, I just throw it into the trunk. But if you swap tyres rather then wheels for winter, then space saver is your only choice i guess (unless you trust the foam, but foam wont help you with shattered rim or big gash in sidewall for example.

Good luck.
      06-04-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
BrianoBMWE90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

Cheers

Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0