E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Wittnessed something horrible at work today...not funny....

06-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #45
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
ok buddy, i said i was sorry and yet you continue to type about me.....
lets not forget here who allowed a man to take a baby that will more than likely end up in a dumpster, rotting and being eaten by rats. and a mother who will always remember the surroundings on the day that bystanding citizens looked on as the kidnapper took her baby from her as she let out screams of help. and you will always remember the screams everytime you see a baby, you will remember the day you assisted a kidnapper by NOT reporting it to the authorities. can u imagine how the lady feels right at this moment, i bet she would like to know your name as she cries herself to sleep in her now, lonely bed that was once home to a soft innocent baby. and i bet if she could read these post of others downplaying it and comforting you, she would cry harder and perhaps even kill herself. do you remember the beautiful girl that was kidnapped from target a couple weeks ago that turned up dead? hopefully anyone who wittnessed that came forward. this situation is similiar in a way but still kidnapping is a terrible thing and not reporting it is as bad as helping. by not reporting ituntill half a day later, im sure you gave that kidnapper plenty of time to make some plans. that officer doesnt want to do paperwork, i suppose so i guess this situationed in a is bit FUBAR.
BTW, i dont care if every single e90post member has something against me because i have a problem with
someone who watches a baby get kidnapped. Why dont you just have me banned if i bother you that much?
WOW....thats all i have to say to that....Damn and when did they stop teaching english class? For someone in the army your grammar sucks, I though they were the best of the best and did everything TOP NOTCH. Obviously not you. You need to quit making assumptions, you have no idea the circumstances. That lady could have been beating the baby and that was the dad coming to get it. You DONT KNOW...until you know the exact situation then just keep your damn mouth shut no body wants to here your negative comments. As for the banning thing if i was a mod you would already be there after that first ignorant comment.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #46
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I herd there was an amber alert last night before i went to bed but it was in the wrong county and the kidnapper was the wrong ethnicity.
      06-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #47
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Here lies the difference between men and boyz...

I have jumped into situations like this when I was your age bro. I remember this man beating the crap out of his wife/ girlfriend when they came on my subway train and she was all bloodied screaming... did I stand by and watch this 200lbs man do this??? No I jumped in did what I had to do until police came... Took him down with the help of my boy... weren't you with someone? Guy got arrested trialed and had a court order imposed on him when he got out of jail. The girl survived with minor injury and a couple stitches.

Feel bad...? Think how a mother feels that she couldn't protect her own baby, having it torn from her arms. Sorry but sometimes you just need to do what you can do with what you have... Maybe you could of followed them while on the phone with the cops.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #48
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE View Post
WOW....thats all i have to say to that....Damn and when did they stop teaching english class? For someone in the army your grammar sucks, I though they were the best of the best and did everything TOP NOTCH. Obviously not you. You need to quit making assumptions, you have no idea the circumstances. That lady could have been beating the baby and that was the dad coming to get it. You DONT KNOW...until you know the exact situation then just keep your damn mouth shut no body wants to here your negative comments. As for the banning thing if i was a mod you would already be there after that first ignorant comment.

Finally - somebody with some brains. You are the ONLY person to back up what I said earlier. It's like I was on the "ignore" list of everyone on here. You're EXACTLY right! NOBODY knows what was happening, including 325 baller who was there. The lady could have abused the baby herself, or performed some severe neglect, and the father (brother, friend....whatever) might have been an actual HERO for getting the child away. That's my point (and yours), NOBODY KNOWS! C'mon people, quit jumping to conclusions!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #49
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Thank you milehigh, I dont like putting people down but for him to say stuff like that when i already feel horrible is truthfully uncalled for. I decided im going to call the PD tomarrow and find out if they need another wittness's testimony. If they do thank god maybe then I can feel somewhat better, if they have all the info they feel they need then I trust that they do.
Dude dont take any offense to people's comments on this forum. Its a waste of energy. People dont understand that everyone is different. Lets say you had a gun pulled on you in the past. So that may have came to mind when you saw the crime occuring and didnt want the same to happen again. There are so many possiblities that could have happen that caused you to act in the manner you did. As long as you didnt totally ignore the sitution makes you ok. You did your best and because you had the courage to speak out and express your feelings shows that you actually care. DOnt mind others man. Just keep doing you.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #50
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slke46 View Post
Here lies the difference between men and boyz...

I have jumped into situations like this when I was your age bro. I remember this man beating the crap out of his wife/ girlfriend when they came on my subway train and she was all bloodied screaming... did I stand by and watch this 200lbs man do this??? No I jumped in did what I had to do until police came... Took him down with the help of my boy... weren't you with someone? Guy got arrested trialed and had a court order imposed on him when he got out of jail. The girl survived with minor injury and a couple stitches.

Feel bad...? Think how a mother feels that she couldn't protect her own baby, having it torn from her arms. Sorry but sometimes you just need to do what you can do with what you have... Maybe you could of followed them while on the phone with the cops.

Or maybe he could have just beat the guy up and then what? No one knows the true situation so how can you give him advice on exactly what to do. Your prior situation was totally different. There was physical abuse taking place and you brought it to a cease until the authorities arrived. Great job! I commend you! But this kid is 17 years of age. Give him a break. Plus you dont know exactly what he saw or what was going on. The man could have been getting his child from a mother who was a drug abuser. Or heroin addict. Regardless, dont point fingers at anyone without full justification as to why.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #51
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE View Post
Thats pretty depressing that some one as sorry as you is out there defending our country. You have the shittiest set of morals of anyone I know, 325 baller could have done nothing...please explain to me what your sorry combat trained ass would have done. I really wonder if you are actually a solider 1. Because your grammar sucks and 2. Because thats not the morals of any solider I know. I personally think your just some 16 year old punk poser that wants to be in the army one day, and with your attitude i can guarantee you that you wont make it to far. If you actually are in the Army, then thats a true shame because its people like you that that give the armed forces a bad name.

Grammar police are on donut break at the moment but you'd certainly get cited yourself.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #52
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
You feel wierd?? dude, you should feel alot more than that, you really f**ked up! you watched a baby
get torn from a screaming mothers arms and didnt even call the police (the least you couldve done)!
i hope you hear those screams when u sleep and remember you let him get away. sorry, buddy, i really dispise
rappist, molestors and kidnappers and you have just proven youre one of those people who allow this to
happen by not taking appripriate actions after witnesssing something like this!
youre not getting any comfort here for your actions! and yes, there was something you couldve done!
I'm sure he needed to hear that. Even the best of people can panic and freeze in situations like that...
      06-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #53
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

No, life's not really a game, but consider it strike 1. You'll probably get more chances in our lovely society. No doubt you will be reviewing it for a while, but take some of the suggestions above, practice in your mind what you might have done differently, and use it as a learning experience for the next time life surpirses you. Play back what the other bystander did differently. Talk to your bud, see what he saw/felt. Why did he stand there and do as much/little as you? You're 17, welcome to responsibility . . . but you can make this a tradgedy and just let it lie there, or make it a learning experience and maybe next time you can be the safe hero who didn't freeze but instead took sane action.
Those people you see on the news who pulled somebody from a drowning car didn't PLAN on being heros, it just happened. And I'm sure they would rather remain anonymous than have their victim tramatized so they could get a brief moment of stardom.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #54
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghov85 View Post
Or maybe he could have just beat the guy up and then what? No one knows the true situation so how can you give him advice on exactly what to do. Your prior situation was totally different. There was physical abuse taking place and you brought it to a cease until the authorities arrived. Great job! I commend you! But this kid is 17 years of age. Give him a break. Plus you dont know exactly what he saw or what was going on. The man could have been getting his child from a mother who was a drug abuser. Or heroin addict. Regardless, dont point fingers at anyone without full justification as to why.
Good points but honestly by donig nothing you just made a situation worse. Like I said he was with someon else, could of called the cops even though he assumed someone else was doing it or he could of followed and stayed on the phone with the cops. Seeing something like this would raise a flag in your head to do something. I'm not saying this 17year old should of done some Jack Bauer isht, but something is better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #55
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I didnt assume someone else called the police, i was next to that person when they called the police. So i dont know where you got that from, and no shit it raises a red flag in your head but what are you going to do when you dont honestly understand the situation. Do i no for a fact the woman wasnt at fault, no. For you people who say I should've ran up to the guy and attacked him when he was doing this I say your nuts. You all know not one of you would do that very same thing, so by saying i should your being a hypocrite. Ive spoken to numerous other adults told them what i did and they all said by giving the guy my number to give to the police i did the right thing. If the police needed my view on what happend they would've called me.

EDIT: There wre 5 other people with that man who worked in his office. Thats 5 views of the story....
      06-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #56
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
In for future details.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #57
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

Quote:
I m a US Soldier.
Here we go...
      06-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #58
007e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Garage List
2004 BMW 645  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slke46 View Post
Maybe you could of followed them while on the phone with the cops.
i would have just called the cops right then and there...get the guys plate number, etc...description...and tried to do this as well if possible...

Retired Rides:
07' e92
04' e46
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #59
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
wow. Taxing the internet, Slamming taxes to pay for immigrants benifits, and a black man running for president? theres a reason why its called the WHITE house.... ahahah i had to say that srry!

no but seriously, america is falling to peices, and is a place i call a worthless waste. ohh, im an American, from New York.... but i live where my culture is... Trinidad. have you no sense of pride? all of you arguing. Slammedbimmer, i understand you and have your back. now... that doesnt mean im against you baller.... i understand the reaction you had was greatly influenced by your age and other factors that the rest of us on this board dont know about.... i totally understand. yeah, maybe slammedbimmer did get on like a jackass.... but when you come back from the frontline, and see thiskind of stuff happening in your own country.... it just makes you wonder: "so... this is what i put my life on the line for...." now.... of course its hella worth it, but put yourself in his position.

You should have had a better bit of judgement and at least called the cops instead of just dipping the fuck out of there. but hey, im sure if i were 17 and in your situation, maybe i would have done the same thing.... i mean, morally speaking i would have gone to check out if the woman was ok (obviously not) but this is just talk. its really a different story when your faced with a task....

so who the fuck am i to talk this shit? i witness murders, kidnapping, robberies on an average basis.... just last night, i witnessed a van throw a man out of the side (moving on our so called "highway") that was tied up, bleeding and apparently screaming for help.... did i stop? fuck that! i took the plates, and followed the van with my glove box open showcasing my arsenal of defence weapons.... consisting of 5 knifes.... So hey... Slammedbimmer... come here and help ME fight these crimes.

in america, you all have it very very easy, with a police force that is somewhat concerned. and kid, im not being cocky or anything. but i will admit, when i first witnessed these types of events i did the same as you.... drive off/run away. the first time i never called the cops.... but after facing it on a daily basis, ive seen the worst.

im not trying to drag on.... im just saying, dont push it on slammedbimmer.... he has faced many more difficulties that you... and to read what you did, i bet your ass his initial reaction was very antagonistic. but he has put up with worse, and the least you could have done was call the cops. but ill speak on the behalf of baller with experience.... sometimes you cant even bother to think straight in a situation of that nature. slammedbimmer has faced much worse, so this is just a joke for him. but we all have to remember.... we are only human, and as much as we can talk shit.... when a situation of this sort presents itself, we can never react the way we want to. slammedbimmer has been faced with horrible difficulties.... but he was prepared with a nice rifle (maybe an M4? ) and a side arm (228 compact anyone?) and was ready to face the worst. you were just chilling, heading down to burn some paper, and bam. this kind of shit happens. i dont blame you kid. i dont blame your reaction slammedbimmer.

in a world of chaos, one could only wonder and try to remember the last time the world wasn't in a self destruction state.
      06-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #60
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Do you read? I didnt run away at all its not like i was like o fuck im getting out of here. I ran up and saw other bystanders calling the police. I spoke with them about the situation and gave them my number to give to the police when they arrived. One other thing, I dont carry an "arsenal" of weapons around with me either. If you saw the part of town I grew up in the most crime we have is stupid rich kids selling drugs...so this is something im very un-acustom to.
      06-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #61
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
well bro... welcome to life. never be unarmed.i dont care where you live..... your in a rich neighborhood, you become a prime target to kidnapers.... even though the chances are slim... its a possibility. walk with a knife or something. use this as an eye opener. take some classes on how to use one properly.
      06-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #62
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
wait. Boca Raton. makes sense. still. get yourself something to keep in the car. i feel better knowing that i have a cache of knives in my car.... but im giving my friends some of them.... cause i really only need 2-3 knives. not 5.
      06-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #63
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
It wasnt in my neighborhood. It occured near where i work..which isnt a very good part of town. BTW when i turn 18 later this year i do want to apply for a concealed weapons permit. BUT... Let me ask you this. Say I took my gun that I rightfully own..but later it finds out the man was taking the baby to get away from the druggy mother. I just pulled a gun and most likely used it on an innocent man...I know in FL you can get off by saying he threatened you but i dont think thats the answer.
      06-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #64
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

This thread has gotten out of hand. Time to shut it down and freakin move on.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #65
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
wait. Boca Raton. makes sense. still. get yourself something to keep in the car. i feel better knowing that i have a cache of knives in my car.... but im giving my friends some of them.... cause i really only need 2-3 knives. not 5.
so what
you gonna cut him a slice of cheese
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #66
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Slvr/Gray Prem/Sport

The least you could have done is yelled at the guy or followed the getaway car and gotten the license plate number! And then called 911 with a location ("I'm on Hwy XX behind a green chevy impala, license plate number XXX-XXX, and I just witnessed the passenger of the car kidnap a baby at the ____________ storage facility"). How hard would that have been?

Jeez, grow some brass ones, act like a responsible citizen and stop feeling sorry for yourself. You did NOTHING to help, and that's what the weird feeling is that your having. Next time you witness a fellow citizen in trouble take some responsibility and DO SOMETHING to help.
Appreciate 0