E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Wittnessed something horrible at work today...not funny....

06-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #23
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Wow that's horrible. Where did it happen, in Boca?
No Nikki it was in FTL on Andrews Ave just north of cypress creek blvd but just before Atlantic.
      06-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #24
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
I can see why you would be upset with my posts and thats fine but im not going to sugar coat
something like this. i hate rappist, molestors and kidnappers and this really gets under my skin.
luckily, she wasnt getting raped. the OP says hes gonna call the PD tomarrow too. hell, why not wait until
next week since today or tonight arent good times. thats all, you all can see it your way, this is mine. thanks
If someone all ready called it in why must he be in a rush to call...please tell me what they are going to do if he calls right now....they will say "thank you sir". They will continue doing it at there own pace just because he calls done mean they will turn it into a national emergency and find this guy. TONS of people get killed, raped, kidnapped EVERYDAY...do they catch all of them NO! Does it even make it to the news NO. Life goes on...bad shit happens everyday, its something you have to learn to live with. You should know more then anybody being in service and all, that you can bury yourself in all the bad and take your hate for it out on others.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Well, you could of ran with your friend and try to stop him...but too late now. Call the police right now, don't delay, do you have the description of the man? year, make, model of the car? do the best you can to help out, bcause you dont want to this become a bad news on CNN...

35% Formula 1 Ceramic Tints, //M E-Brake handle, //M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
Thank you all for your support but I dont know if bashing him will accomplish anything? As I stated before if he is indeed a Soldier for this country (USA) then I would never talk badly about his job or what he does because that is very admirable and takes a man of integrity. So with that I ask for we all to stop bashing him. I understand that some people might have done more but I TRUELY believe that 99% (with that one percent being a soldier or veteren or police office..ect) would have done exactly as I did. I was just trying to look for or find out how to find a little comfort with the emotions im feeling right now.
I honestly think he is just some wanna be solider punk, because i know NOONE that is in the armed forces with the attitude of this guy and morals. If he truly is in service then he deserves no respect because of his sorry attitude shitty out look on things, he make all of the other guys out there in the armed forces look bad.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #27
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey myfirst bimmer....I saw your sig are you a pilot also?

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #28
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Well, you could of ran with your friend and try to stop him...but too late now. Call the police right now, don't delay, do you have the description of the man? year, make, model of the car? do the best you can to help out, bcause you dont want to this become a bad news on CNN...

IF the child is still missing, the police will issue an amber alert, to advice people to keep an eye out for that child. Amber alert is a North American wide serivce announcement...

Tom

CHAD: Yes a PPL

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #29
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBimm View Post
LOL I bet its fun!
Actually its a SHITLOAD of fun, whenever they pull over I say im part of a neighborhood patrol and I start giving them hell (Its obvious they have broken into cars) they get so fucking scared though. The worst was one time I drove by my highschool at night and some mexicans were outside, seeing how there are only two mexicans out of 2000 kids in my school they obviously didnt belong there. So pulled in to where my car was perpendicular to theres with my highbeams on then the got in the car and ran, so me 220lbs 6' and my 350lbs 6'2" friend follow them, finnally they oull off so we do to and the guy gets out of the car and flips up part of his shirt, which unconceals a gun, so I made up some bullshit about how i thought it was a buddy of mine and he ended up not shooting us.

One time I accidentally followed the newspaper guy..... I was REALLY hammered but he was like WTF?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #30
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE View Post
Why dont you just go fuck one of your army buddies....and cut the shit he did what about 98% of the people on the board would do....the other 2% being LEO's and People in the Armed Forces mabey would have recated different. So just let it go...
Actually, if I was the mother I would want help. So why wouldnt I help her? I dont like people who abuse women and children in any way, infact Ive beaten the absolute hell out of 3 people for hitting women. Personally, my instinctual reaction would have been to run at the guy, get info, chase him in my car, any of the above. You could have been a hero, instead you are the guy who sat there and watched as kitty was killed.

"And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls.

Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men"
-Boondock Saints

Thats one of the few quotes I live by, because its true.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #31
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I just called BSO (broward sherrifs) and spoke with a gentleman for about 7 min we were trying to find the location since I didnt know the address of the storage facility. Towards the end of the coversation he asked me when the incident i witnessed occured and i told him around noon today. He then told me that I would have to call back tomarrow and they would put me on the phone with the a deputy that was on shift then because their shift works 7am-3pm. Not trying to rub it in your face but your advice of calling tonite or THIS EXACT SECOND, did me no good as the officer who responded to the situation is not currently working. I will call back tomarrow AM with the address to report what I saw.
      06-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #32
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just called BSO (broward sherrifs) and spoke with a gentleman for about 7 min we were trying to find the location since I didnt know the address of the storage facility. Towards the end of the coversation he asked me when the incident i witnessed occured and i told him around noon today. He then told me that I would have to call back tomarrow and they would put me on the phone with the a deputy that was on shift then because their shift works 7am-3pm. Not trying to rub it in your face but your advice of calling tonite or THIS EXACT SECOND, did me no good as the officer who responded to the situation is not currently working. I will call back tomarrow AM with the address to report what I saw.
Read my quote above, and think about it. not to sit here and reminese on what you could have done, but to assure you what you should do in the future.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #33
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Okay thank you for that comment?
      06-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #34
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay thank you for that comment?
READ MY QUOTE! I actually put effort into looking that one up
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #35
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
To respond to your post above schneid...I dont want to be a hero nor titled one or thought of as one. I am a normal human just as you and everyone else (well apparently except for slammedbimmer, hes above us all). Yes in hindsight it would've looked more heroic to chase after the guy, but what about this...what if the guy had a gun. Then is it a good idea? Is a person who died doing what they thought was right but accomplishing nothing a hero?
      06-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #36
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
READ MY QUOTE! I actually put effort into looking that one up
the post responding to your quote is above this one..not the other one.
      06-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #37
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Most cops will tell you the the most dangerous calls they respond to are domestic disturbance calls. And here you are ready to walk into one of those situations unarmed, untrained, and unprepared? No disgrace in going with instict on this one.

As for slammedbimmer, what would you do? Go charging in there ready to knuckle up? That's all good until O'l boy pulls a .38 in your face.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #38
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)

Its easy to talk tough when you're not in the situation. Nobody can predict how they will react until the situation hits. Its not a movie - there is no lead in. Shit like this just happens out of the blue, suddenly, and you either react or you don't. So you froze. You don't need to be crucified for it - it happens to many people in a crisis. Its one crisis and it doesnt define your character. You can second guess your inaction until you drive yourself insane. Don't do it. Resolve to act if something like this ever happens again.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #39
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Lol here SOME criminals are so stupid, you could just yell HEY and they would already 2 miles down the road with their pants falling down, and a tear drop of angust.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #40
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Its a joke (whats in parentheses above) calm down. Ya i fucked up, someone already contacted the police so its not like they know nothing about this. Plus they were with the victim before they came back to the Crime Scene. To be honest ya i feel bad about it, but they would have issued an amber alert if the baby was still at large. I called up tonite and was told the detective working the case wasnt there, nothing more i can do...i will call first thing in the AM with the address where it occured.
      06-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #41
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Its a joke (whats in parentheses above) calm down. Ya i fucked up, someone already contacted the police so its not like they know nothing about this. Plus they were with the victim before they came back to the Crime Scene. To be honest ya i feel bad about it, but they would have issued an amber alert if the baby was still at large. I called up tonite and was told the detective working the case wasnt there, nothing more i can do...i will call first thing in the AM with the address where it occured.
325baller, you did everything you could in that situation. There was nothing you could do.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #42
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
I can see why you would be upset with my posts and thats fine but im not going to sugar coat
something like this. i hate rappist, molestors and kidnappers and this really gets under my skin.
luckily, she wasnt getting raped. the OP says hes gonna call the PD tomarrow too. hell, why not wait until
next week since today or tonight arent good times. thats all, you all can see it your way, this is mine. thanks
well....be angry at the kidnapper and not 325baller

you need to chillout, not like he did anything wrong
you're making yourself sound like a physco
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #43
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

325 Baller, do you know the person who got the baby, what ethnic group was he? Because if you check the amber alert site, they have amber alert for a missing baby in Florida

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...e&amberId=4324

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #44
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
What happened to you was most likely the bystander effect, with a little bit more of shock and sudden events mixed in.

I can't say I would have acted differently and I won't. But it is a common social issue in which individuals feel someone else will do something therefore do nothing.

Again, I am not trying to make you feel bad. Just showing how the general public acts and why. Next time if you feel something isnt right, call the cops don't wait or feel others have it covered. Also, one thing you could have done was run upto the lady see what happened and such.