E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Insurance Question

01-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Insurance Question

So I got into an accident in December riding my bike home from school. I ended up getting plowed by a chick in a car and ended up faceplanting on the cement. Luckily I didn't have any broken bones or whatever but I did get stitches to my face and a bad ass scar right now.

Now the question right now is whether my insurance should pay for any of my medical bills. I was told by the other party's insurance that the bills should first go through my health insurance, and then after my health insurance paid the XXXX amount, I would send the bill to the other party's insurance. They would then give me the money to pay off the bill.

However, I was told by my auto agent that if it wasn't my fault, then the other party's insurance should face the entire bill and my health insurance should not have paid any of it. Basically if my insurance pays for it, my rates probably go up as well... thats the reasoning behind my question. Plus my account is a subaccount under my mom and she sure as hell doesn't want to pay more...

anyways any advice would be great.

Right now I have a few bills that need to be taken care of:
Hospital Bill, the Hospital Physician Bill, Clinic Suture removal, Damage to my bike--they said they'd pay for a new bike, but I got it repaired already but my gears are kinda janked up.

thanks!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Bulldog 6
The Logistician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 230i M-Sport

Garage List
2007 328i E90  [0.00]
Sounds like the chicks insurance should pay they are trying to screw you...face down...on the cement.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yea her insurance should foot the entire bill, they are trying to screw you. Remember her insurance wants to pay out as little as possible and you have to fight to get what is right.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
It's possible to go through your own insurance, but they will go after the other party's insurance to try to recover the entire sum. However, if you have not filed anything yet, file the bills with the auto insurance company of that chick. Also, since the scar is on your face, get a plastic surgery consult as well and stick them with the bill. You don't wanna be "Scarface" now, do you? If in the process of filing with the insurance company, the hospital start to bother you about the bills, call the billing department, explain your situation, and they will either setup a payment plan which is significantly cheaper than the actual bill or they will go after the insurance company on your behalf. After all, they are in on it as well.
      01-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
It's possible to go through your own insurance, but they will go after the other party's insurance to try to recover the entire sum. However, if you have not filed anything yet, file the bills with the auto insurance company of that chick. Also, since the scar is on your face, get a plastic surgery consult as well and stick them with the bill. You don't wanna be "Scarface" now, do you? If in the process of filing with the insurance company, the hospital start to bother you about the bills, call the billing department, explain your situation, and they will either setup a payment plan which is significantly cheaper than the actual bill or they will go after the insurance company on your behalf. After all, they are in on it as well.
well, I don't think I'd get a plastics consult from the hospital. You'll get a junior off-service resident, not a good plastics doc. You'll need to go to a good private practice if you want a good plastics opinion.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
lol the scar isnt that bad... bout a centimeter one above my brow and a another one below my eye... not too concerned about looks... scars are less visible if you know how to treat them during the healing process.

anyways so i guess the general consensus is that my health insurance shouldnt pay a penny? & instead all of it should be on the other party's insurance.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Don't go thru the health insurance, def go thru the at fault insurance. They are trying to weasel their way out of paying $$$.

Think about it, they get your health insurance to pay the medical bills, jack up the rate of the at-fault insurance (in this case the chick's) and they get all the $$$.

They always pull strings and stuff like that, don't fall for it.

Def get those hostipal bills taken care of ASAP by the chick's insurance, the hostipal will hound you and even send them to collection if you fail to pay up on the 2nd or 3rd phone call.
The collection will def mess up your credit file...I know this from working in the medical billing dept for a office and the collection lawyers.

I had a hostipal call for payment which my bro was at fault in a motorcycle accident and the health insurance didn't contact them yet..and they called at the worst time...my parents were out of the country for a 2 week vacation and it already has been 2-3 days and they have the insurance info. They told me if it's not paid up by the end of the week, it will be sent to collection. I had to make a few phone calls and got them to stop the collection service...they called and i told them they were too late and the hostipal has the insurance info already.

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
^^ What they said. It's all on her insurer.

Now about wearing that helmet...
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0