E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Where to hire BMW for driving holiday through Alps

02-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
yusufm786
Private
Rep
Drives: 323i

Where to hire BMW for driving holiday through Alps

Hi Guys

A buddy of mine and I are thinking about doing a driving holiday through the best driving roads in Europe (mainly Alps). Currently we are putting together a budget forecast. Perhaps those who have gone/live there/done something similar could assist me? The plan is to spend at least 7 days on the trip - take our time and do some sight seeing as well. There is a fair amount of information on the net about the "best" driving roads, and even some companies who offer the exact service Im looking for but they are quite expensive so it would probably work out cheapest if I put together my own arrangements.

It will be two of us, and obviously I want a decent car to drive in. I'm thinking maybe a 335i coupe/ Z4 35is/ M3 / something similar. Being a BMW fanatic I'd prefer a BMW but I'd consider other brands as long as I get the driving experience that I'm looking for. Since it will be a driving holiday I'll also incur a fair amount of mileage so the mileage restriction on car hire can become a problem.

Does anybody know where I could get the best deal on car hire in order to have the holiday I have in mind?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Look for a sports car rental place. They will have cars like 458s, Aventadors etc to rent but also cars like BMW.

When you rent make sure you take photos of EVERYTHING, chips on the bonnet, any scratches on the rims, any damage to the interior also. Take a pic of the dash with KMs and Fuel guage.

Do not leave a cash Bond, use Visa so if they hold the money from you, you can do a Visa charge back. Keep all paperwork and be careful what you sign, you usually have to pay for extra KMs you do.
      02-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

www.sixt.com rents nice cars worldwide.

Also, search any BMW forum for people who took European Delivery of their car and you're bound to get plenty of places/roads to hit.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
attbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '88 E30 M3

Not BMWs, but AVIS rents new Porsches in Germany for pretty decent prices. I spent 10 days there driving through Germany and Switzerland 3 years ago. I believe a 911 S was 189 euro per day with 100km per day. Each extra km is 1 euro. Needless to say we went way over 100 km per day, but the total cost was still much cheaper than anything else I found.

It was a blast. We drove the nurburgring, maxed out the cars on the autobahn, drove several panacea in the alps, did factory tours at BMW/Porsche, ... You will love it.