E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Iphone Not Activated Yet

07-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Iphone Not Activated Yet

This is probably the biggest fiasco in cell phone marketing history. Today, at 9 am I went to my local apple store to purchase one of the coveted Apple iPhones. I get home and try to activate the phone through iTunes. I selected the option of transferring my cell phone number from my blackberry to the iPhone which would give me the 2 year new contract. And 6 hours later, my iPhone still has that "Login to iTunes to activate phone" and my blackberry's SIM card has been compromised. In conclusion, I have no cell phone. I look through various news sites, and the headliners are "iPhones activation are backlogged because of slow AT&T servers." Many other iPhones owners are in the same boat as I am. It's weird looking at the situation im going crazy because I have no cell phone. Technology has become a necessity for everyday existence.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
i8_it
Feeling Blue.
United_States
Rep
Drives: I12 i8,f10 M5,e89 IS,F1 6S35i

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [5.36]
i feel bad for u i walked in a bought it yesterday and activated it no problem i actully bought 1 for me and my dad they both activated right after... anyways att could have done a better job preparing...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i refuse to buy this phone not b/c im cheap or anything but b/c it cost them maybe 50bucks to make and then there selling it for 500bucks...i don't know i think all those years of business classes really got me to thinking how much these companies rip us off......wow that was off topic lol gl with your problem
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
tron1043
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Garage List
2013 328i M-Sport  [0.00]
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Did you put the Blackberry SIM into the iPhone? If so, take it out and try again. I switched from a Blackberry Pearl to an iPhone yesterday afternoon in less than 15 minutes.

My first thought was swapping the SIM from my Pearl into my new iPhone. After watching the activation video, I decided to trust that simply plugging the iPhone into the dock and going through iTunes would do the trick. Well, it did. Somehow, someway, without touching my Blackberry, the numbers switched. No problems for me.

I love my iPhone.
      07-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i refuse to buy this phone not b/c im cheap or anything but b/c it cost them maybe 50bucks to make and then there selling it for 500bucks...i don't know i think all those years of business classes really got me to thinking how much these companies rip us off......wow that was off topic lol gl with your problem
You need to take more business classes if you think all the R&D, advertising, AND the cost of manufacture cost $50 dollars per phone.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

I would die with out my cell phone, Its really sad that we cant even go 2 mins with out our phones or we start freaking out. When i was in St Thomas a few weeks ago I had no cell signal and the first few days i was freaking out...but by the end of the week it was actually kind of nice no one beaing able to get in touch with me then you have no worries in the world. Good luck with your phone though man
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
nimamilani
ni2009
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I

Quote:
i guess you are a business major but i have to say that you obviously have zero experience. 50 dollars? are you kidding me??? why don't you go for 50 cents???

the cost of the iphone is much higher than 50 dollars!!!!!!!! why? because iphone wasn't invented overnight with the CEO of apple just dreaming of it and then manufacturing it the day after. even right now, the cost of making a phone is greater than 50 dollars and on top of that you should include R&D, advertisement, customer service, and other costs that are associated with bringing and maintaining a product in the market.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimamilani View Post
i guess you are a business major but i have to say that you obviously have zero experience. 50 dollars? are you kidding me??? why don't you go for 50 cents???

the cost of the iphone is much higher than 50 dollars!!!!!!!! why? because iphone wasn't invented overnight with the CEO of apple just dreaming of it and then manufacturing it the day after. even right now, the cost of making a phone is greater than 50 dollars and on top of that you should include R&D, advertisement, customer service, and other costs that are associated with bringing and maintaining a product in the market.
actually accounting major but close i didn't state that it cost them 50 bucks to advertise the phone that'll run them millions but i was referring to the materials they use to actually make the phone i mean its made in china maybe it wasn't 50bucks it could be 100bucks i mean they buy there materials and all that stuff in bulk so its cheaper...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
nimamilani
ni2009
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I

Quote:
actually accounting major but close i didn't state that it cost them 50 bucks to advertise the phone that'll run them millions but i was referring to the materials they use to actually make the phone i mean its made in china maybe it wasn't 50bucks it could be 100bucks i mean they buy there materials and all that stuff in bulk so its cheaper...
maybe you should buy the materials and build one (even better one) yourself

just kidding.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor View Post
This is probably the biggest fiasco in cell phone marketing history. Today, at 9 am I went to my local apple store to purchase one of the coveted Apple iPhones. I get home and try to activate the phone through iTunes. I selected the option of transferring my cell phone number from my blackberry to the iPhone which would give me the 2 year new contract. And 6 hours later, my iPhone still has that "Login to iTunes to activate phone" and my blackberry's SIM card has been compromised. In conclusion, I have no cell phone. I look through various news sites, and the headliners are "iPhones activation are backlogged because of slow AT&T servers." Many other iPhones owners are in the same boat as I am. It's weird looking at the situation im going crazy because I have no cell phone. Technology has become a necessity for everyday existence.
hmm no problems for me. Try taking it to a local ATT store.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yet you buy an over priced BMW? when you could have got a G35 for 300hp, for the same cost.

oh the IRONY!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

actually i got a pretty good deal from my bank the interest was really low on bmw's....and i wasn't comparing the phone to another your comparing i was just stating my point....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
actually i got a pretty good deal from my bank the interest was really low on bmw's....and i wasn't comparing the phone to another your comparing i was just stating my point....
lol, I mean i guess it is a bit overpriced, but its so good..that people will find a way to justify paying for it..just like for BMWs.

Hardware wise the phone has nothing new, well except for the fact that its uber thin and sexy compared to the ugly Smart phones. Its all about how Apple did the software and amazing touchscreen-gestural interface.
Appreciate 0