E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dear VW passat owners.

06-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #23
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
ok, a little over dramatic? What exactly does he hate about it?
Not really sure. He had a E46 before the Passat so maybe that had something to do with it. He's just not thrilled with the drive, ride, layout, etc. He just seemed a lot more happy with his older out dated BMW then the newest Passat. His cousin who just picked up a 328xi and parks next to me in our apartment garage just laugh at him.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #24
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Not really sure. He had a E46 before the Passat so maybe that had something to do with it. He's just not thrilled with the drive, ride, layout, etc. He just seemed a lot more happy with his older out dated BMW then the newest Passat. His cousin who just picked up a 328xi and parks next to me in our apartment garage just laugh at him.
Well first off the Passat has taken a whole new direction. Before the Passat was practically a Jetta with a turbo and better options. So it was somewhat sporty and fun to drive. Now it has changed and is totally different from the Jetta both looks and feel.

I think the Passat is a fun car to drive. Compared to my BMW? Nowhere near. But the Passat is geared towards those needing a sedan while not paying a huge amount. And his cousin sounds like a prick. There are plenty of plus' to the Passat as compared to the 328.
      06-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #25
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
The absolute, hands down worst car commercial is that one with the car/transformer (Citroen?), especially the one that dances. Whenever it comes on I reach for the remote.
ya'll seem to have missed the point of the commercial. As Nikki should be able to point out, the purpose of any commercial is to get your attention and make you remember the product being sold.

On that basis, I'd say that the VW commercial is a very good one, and the Hyundai one's even better. Look how they've got all of you talking about it...

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #26
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

I like the new VW comercials, "when you get into a VW, it gets into you." Though you'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to buy one.