E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Wittnessed something horrible at work today...not funny....

06-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #67
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
ok, so before going off on 325 baller did you ever consider this....since he didn't have a clue what was going on, what if the man in this story was actually trying to get a baby away from some crack head, or maybe she was abusing the child, or something like that. The fact that it was a woman crying and holding a baby does not garuntee she was actually an innocent victim. Without knowing what's going on, calling the police is about the only thing to do.
+1,

Perspective can be everything, maybe this guys a hero, maybe she beat the kid, or burned it with cigarettes. You don't know. I don't care how awful the mother is, if you take the kid from her without her permission she will throw a fit.

Calling the police is the right thing to do, although as soon as they show up everyone starts lying through thier teeth. I don't know how you cops do it, seeing though all the crap.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #68
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

Funny thing, every culture throughout history has constantly said society is in decline. But guess what, thousands of years later we're still walking around saying the same thing.

And to comment on the people against the OP; no one owes anyone anything else. It is his option to do as he pleases, and he chose to stay out of a potential confrontation. Does he not have the right to protect his own life? There's a little saying that goes, innocent until proven guilty. No one knows any of the facts about these situations, and I expected more from these so-called soldiers. Do you ever go into battle without knowing the scenario and facts? Sounds a bit hypocritical and brassy if you ask me.
      06-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #69
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Sounds like a hostage or kidnapping situation...

The best you could do is get a car make/model and the plate # and the plate's state and what you saw.
You did the right thing in giving contact whoever reported it to the police...no need to put yourself and your friend in harm's way.

I wonder how would your boss react when u took so long to come back with the files to destroy.
Most companies policy don't allow leaving work grounds unless permission is granted by the supervisors, boss or if you're on a lunch break.

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #70
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Slvr/Gray Prem/Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbrules View Post
Funny thing, every culture throughout history has constantly said society is in decline. But guess what, thousands of years later we're still walking around saying the same thing.

And to comment on the people against the OP; no one owes anyone anything else. It is his option to do as he pleases, and he chose to stay out of a potential confrontation. Does he not have the right to protect his own life? There's a little saying that goes, innocent until proven guilty. No one knows any of the facts about these situations, and I expected more from these so-called soldiers. Do you ever go into battle without knowing the scenario and facts? Sounds a bit hypocritical and brassy if you ask me.
Remember this the next time you get into an accident, are mugged or beat up, etc... when no one stops to help, or provides vital information about your situation to the authorities. Your lack of regard or responsibility for anyone but yourself tells me you're young and very immature. You think you're invincible and can take on the world by yourself. But believe me, you'll need someone else's help one day and you'll change your tune when that time comes.

This screaming mother could have been a crack head, or abusing the baby. We'll never know, but that's not for him to decide. He should have done what he could have (a license plate at least) while not putting himself in danger and let the authorities figure out what was really going on.

What is wrong with you people that wouldn't lift a hand to help in a situation like this that involves a BABY? The decline of civilization is clearly evident here... manifested in a total lack of character.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #71
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce'06 330i View Post
What is wrong with you people that wouldn't lift a hand to help in a situation like this that involves a BABY? The decline of civilization is clearly evident here... manifested in a total lack of character.

what the hell is everyone talking about.....OP said that the police was already involed and if they needed another witness, they would of contacted him.
if someone has a gun...there's nothing ANYONE can do, you ppl watch too many superman movies
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #72
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
what the hell is everyone talking about.....OP said that the police was already involed and if they needed another witness, they would of contacted him.
if someone has a gun...there's nothing ANYONE can do, you ppl watch too many superman movies
C'mon, he stood there and watched it happen and did NOTHING. At the VERY least he could have jumped in his car and gotten a license plate number!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #73
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Do you ever go into battle without knowing the scenario and facts? Sounds a bit hypocritical and brassy if you ask me.
LOL, what war haven't the soldiers been told the true facts about before going in?
      06-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #74
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Any update on this? What did the police officer on duty say when you called again the next day?

+1 that the situation could have been very, very different than most people are imagining. The woman could have been running away with the baby, and the guy was taking him back. I don't think you should have inserted yourself into the situation, just called the cops.

Most likely, this was a routine (to a cop) domestic dispute rather than someone kidnapping a baby. I'd like to hear how it turned out, though.
      06-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #75
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
It wasnt in my neighborhood. It occured near where i work..which isnt a very good part of town. BTW when i turn 18 later this year i do want to apply for a concealed weapons permit. BUT... Let me ask you this. Say I took my gun that I rightfully own..but later it finds out the man was taking the baby to get away from the druggy mother. I just pulled a gun and most likely used it on an innocent man...I know in FL you can get off by saying he threatened you but i dont think thats the answer.
No short arms till you're 21 I believe. I think it's a federal law. Also, a gun is totally useless in this situation, it won't stop him taking the child and you can't shoot him for it without bordering closely on illegality. The only reason a weapon would help you is if you confronted/followed him and he pulled something on you, then you could light his ass up and be totally righteous in your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #76
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
The only reason a weapon would help you is if you confronted/followed him and he pulled something on you, then you could light his ass up and be totally righteous in your actions.
That was the whole reason for having a firearm...if i confronted him. Im not sure about age to own one but im pretty sure you can have a concelaed weapons permit at 18?
      06-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #77
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
It´s a normal reaction every sound human being would have after witnessing something like that. The Police will contact you if your witness statement is needed. I would guess it was a domestic dispute as Rick Hunter said. Though that´s bad, we often imagine things as much worse than they actually are.
+1

Which is why police get TRAINED to deal with these situations. Which is why the military TRAINS its people. Which is why Black Water makes millions with their TRAINING facility.

The OP found himself in an unexpected situation of short duration. It is a certainty that he has had no training or experience to help him asses the situation, let alone act in what clearly was a very limited period of time.

I despise Monday morning quarterbacks. And I guess the military has their 10% too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #78
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Remember this the next time you get into an accident, are mugged or beat up, etc... when no one stops to help, or provides vital information about your situation to the authorities. Your lack of regard or responsibility for anyone but yourself tells me you're young and very immature. You think you're invincible and can take on the world by yourself. But believe me, you'll need someone else's help one day and you'll change your tune when that time comes.

This screaming mother could have been a crack head, or abusing the baby. We'll never know, but that's not for him to decide. He should have done what he could have (a license plate at least) while not putting himself in danger and let the authorities figure out what was really going on.

Don't judge me with your hypocritical slander. I believe I am invincible, thus why I clearly stated I would stay out of a confrontation for fear of my own life? You are clearly assuming that you know the facts of the situation. He probably was right in doing what he did. You can keep dreaming with the ideas Hollywood has ingrained in your mind, Mr. Superman, but I'm not going to risk my life unless I clearly know the situation is worth my intervention.
      06-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #79
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Don't judge me with your hypocritical slander. I believe I am invincible, thus why I clearly stated I would stay out of a confrontation for fear of my own life? You are clearly assuming that you know the facts of the situation. He probably was right in doing what he did. You can keep dreaming with the ideas Hollywood has ingrained in your mind, Mr. Superman, but I'm not going to risk my life unless I clearly know the situation is worth my intervention.
You've misused the word hypocritical twice, so I'm not sure you know what it means.

I Never said I understood the facts of the situation, but it's enough for me to know that a BABY was involved. Baby's can't defend themselves, and if I was in a position to help I would. How much I would help depends on how the situation developed. But at the VERY least I would have jumped back in my car and followed until I got a license plate number.

Maybe once you've had kids and mature a little bit you'll understand.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 01:59 AM   #80
neuzpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: MW BMW M4 2015

See even kids can do the right thing!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #81
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You've misused the word hypocritical twice, so I'm not sure you know what it means.

I Never said I understood the facts of the situation, but it's enough for me to know that a BABY was involved. Baby's can't defend themselves, and if I was in a position to help I would. How much I would help depends on how the situation developed. But at the VERY least I would have jumped back in my car and followed until I got a license plate number.

Maybe once you've had kids and mature a little bit you'll understand.
You clearly admitted in your own defense in your previous post that you do not know the situation. Then you accuse me of not helping out in a situation that neither you nor I have any knowledge of. That is the very essence of hypocrisy. Get a dictionary, then some logic.

I do not need to have children to understand the ideals of virtuosity, morality, and logic. You simply underestimate me and assume my age. How do you know I am not, in reality, a 60 year old executive, doctoral-holding, grandfather of 10? Do not patronize me. Only the weak of mind underestimate and disregard others.
      06-27-2007, 05:49 AM   #82
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuzpeed View Post
That is what you would call gold, ladies and gentlemen.
      06-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #83
boyce'06 330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You clearly admitted in your own defense in your previous post that you do not know the situation. Then you accuse me of not helping out in a situation that neither you nor I have any knowledge of. That is the very essence of hypocrisy. Get a dictionary, then some logic.

I do not need to have children to understand the ideals of virtuosity, morality, and logic. You simply underestimate me and assume my age. How do you know I am not, in reality, a 60 year old executive, doctoral-holding, grandfather of 10? Do not patronize me. Only the weak of mind underestimate and disregard others.
Ha ha, I think you mean "Doctorate-holding". Doctoral refers to the body of work, or a thesis, written to obtain a doctorate. Unless, of course, you mean you're holding onto a doctoral thesis for someone else!

Nice try!

Saying I don't know the situation but that I would still do what I could and then accusing you of not helping is not hypocrisy... you need to read the definition again. Now, if I'd said I wouldn't have done anything then criticized you for not helping... then that would be the definition of hypocrisy.

I expect more from a 60 year old doctoral-holding, executive, grandfather of 10!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #84
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuzpeed View Post
Now that's BEAN DIP!!!!

Appreciate 0