E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Moving to Cincinnati-OHIO from Des Moines-IOWA what to expect...?

08-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #23
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos
yeah, I spent a week in SLC.

all the women appeared to be over 5'9 and everyone was white.

not many ugly bitches, but I was surprised at how many hot bitches SLC produced....

I hate to say it, but the most "Hot Bitches per Capita" award goes to Arizona....

i'm a Texas die-hard to the core, but Arizona is STRONG.....
That's good to know. I know they have great skiing, but have stayed away due to their crazy religious beliefs. If I want a drink after 1am while on vacation, I damn well better get it. If not, I'll spend my money in Colorado or Tahoe.

I'm also a bit wary of their magic underpants. I hope these attractive women have better taste in undergarments than that.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #24
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
no they ain't dude

a bunch of Scandinavian and Dutch families did not openly agree to go have all their babies in the paradise known as Iowa

most bitches born in Iowa are born to parents who were raised in Iowa - c'mon dude, it's not some export of Scandinavian people

even the most populated Scandinavian state in the nation is Wisconsin and it only has about 3% Scandinavian population....

this thread is getting hilarious.....

"most women in Iowa are of Scandinavian decent"

I would have accepted "there is a small population of women in IA who are of Scandinavian or Dutch decent", but you can't say most - that's just reaching.......
"Scandinavian, Dutch descent etc. "

Descent: derivation from an ancestor : birth, lineage example <of African descent>

You know like when you open up a Laredo TX phonebook and you find mostly names like Gonzales, Rodriguez... In small town Iowa it's Van derpol, Olsen etc.

Maybe you think the mainly white population of Iowa trace their roots back to Mexico.

Here's a typical Dutch town in Iowa, like Orange city, Sheldon etc....from wiki

Pella was founded in 1847 when eight hundred Dutch immigrants led by Dominee (Rev) Hendrik (Henry) P. Scholte settled the area.

I know you can't fix stupid but I gave it a try.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
"Scandinavian, Dutch descent etc. "

Descent: derivation from an ancestor : birth, lineage example <of African descent>

You know like when you open up a Laredo TX phonebook and you find mostly names like Gonzales, Rodriguez... In small town Iowa it's Van derpol, Olsen etc.

Maybe you think the mainly white population of Iowa trace their roots back to Mexico.

Here's a typical Dutch town in Iowa, like Orange city, Sheldon etc....from wiki

Pella was founded in 1847 when eight hundred Dutch immigrants led by Dominee (Rev) Hendrik (Henry) P. Scholte settled the area.

I know you can't fix stupid but I gave it a try.
cool - so every person in the United States, unless they're Native American, is from European decent, etc..........

still doesn't mean that bitches from Iowa look like Swedish or Norweigen Soccer Fans.......

not enough teeth in their mouths......
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3er View Post
I'm also a bit wary of their magic underpants.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #27
Bash328I
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedTIAG335 View Post
Your 328i will do just fine with a nice set of snow tires.
Finally something i can use....

There are a lot of beautiful women in IOWA . Atleast in Des Moines where i live you have some good looking women. Not sure about Ames..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_garment

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #29
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

sorry to hear you're coming here

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
yes, because Ames is a melting pot for smoking hot women

it's like trying to find a Lamborghini at the bottom of a dumpster.......

dafuq outta here.....
lol
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
I would rank Ohio and Arkansas as the two states in the entire nation with the least attractive people.

Utah, Arizona, Texas, Florida and California would rank in the top 5 (in no particular order).
Agree with Arizona! Hot freakin women. Florida is meh. California, Arizona and Texas is where it's at IMO. DC is not bad either!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Could just use snow tires, but coming from Michigan, you are going to encounter salt on the roads, and salt does not agree with metal. If I were you, I would invest in a cheap beater, something AWD that has working heat. You'll be a lot happier you did this, over driving your 3 in the shitty conditions (plus not everyone on the road can drive in the snow, added risk of an accident for your bimmer).
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #34
Bash328I
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
SO am i but work demands..may be it will not be so bad after all..i am actually thinking of living in Kentucky and traveling my office is very close to the Ohio river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Could just use snow tires, but coming from Michigan, you are going to encounter salt on the roads, and salt does not agree with metal. If I were you, I would invest in a cheap beater, something AWD that has working heat. You'll be a lot happier you did this, over driving your 3 in the shitty conditions (plus not everyone on the road can drive in the snow, added risk of an accident for your bimmer).
Thanks for the advice..i am torn between two choices..either a cheap Subaru or a jeep wrangler with decent miles i should be able to get one for 4-5 k
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #35
ervgotti01
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

If you want to preserve you 3 series get a beater, but you don't need 4 wheel drive for the mild winters in Cincy. You could get away with something like a civic or any FWD with decent tires. The outlandish prices people here want for their 4x4 makes me sick.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
boostedTIAG335
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervgotti01 View Post
If you want to preserve you 3 series get a beater, but you don't need 4 wheel drive for the mild winters in Cincy. You could get away with something like a civic or any FWD with decent tires. The outlandish prices people here want for their 4x4 makes me sick.
This. People in Ohio swear by AWD vehicles like they're unstoppable or something.. I have no idea why. I've driven FWD and RWD my whole life without a problem.
      08-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #37
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedTIAG335 View Post
This. People in Ohio swear by AWD vehicles like they're unstoppable or something.. I have no idea why. I've driven FWD and RWD my whole life without a problem.
That's northern mentality. If you saw the metro Detroit scene and how bastardized it's become between Evo's and STI's, you'd shit your pants. My Rsx-S was FWD and lowered on springs and I never got stuck in 6 years of ownership, as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #38
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash328I View Post
Would be really helpful if locals could give me some advice..
Snow line in Ohio is right about Medina (north of Columbus) so while you'll get snow, it won't be bad. You can easily survive on all season tires (year round if you want to economize), summers if you're very careful.

Once you get settled in, take a drive up to Hocking Hills. Some of the best driving in the country; Car and Driver did a side bar about it this past summer.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #39
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I've lived in New England my entire life and none of the above has ever been an issue. Unless you're driving a car from the 80s or planning on keeping the car for 20 years, the salt should not have any impact on you.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #40
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjayfan View Post
Snow line in Ohio is right about Medina (north of Columbus) so while you'll get snow, it won't be bad. You can easily survive on all season tires (year round if you want to economize), summers if you're very careful.

Once you get settled in, take a drive up to Hocking Hills. Some of the best driving in the country; Car and Driver did a side bar about it this past summer.
"bjayfan"

'splain your username.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #41
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

Quote:
"bjayfan"

'splain your username.
First forum I was ever registered with was for youth summer baseball, more than likely around the time of your birth. It's just sort of hung on.

My son who is in law school now played for the blue jays.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #42
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjayfan
Quote:
"bjayfan"

'splain your username.
First forum I was ever registered with was for youth summer baseball, more than likely around the time of your birth. It's just sort of hung on.

My son who is in law school now played for the blue jays.
Well that was unexpected...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #43
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

TEXAS!!!!!! YeeeeHAAAA!!!!! Women round these parts are gorgeous thangs' with long tan legs! Not to mention everything is bigger in TEXAS...boobs.

Arizona though...I LOVE IT! Gorgeous women everywhere! What makes them even more beautiful is how nice they are. They aren't as fake as some Texas women either...boobs. Not that I have any bit of problem with that!

Sucks OP is going to from one lame place to another. Should have looked into a job in Houston. I know Litos would agree with that!

I'm sure OP will find some good in his new atmosphere though!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I've lived in New England my entire life and none of the above has ever been an issue. Unless you're driving a car from the 80s or planning on keeping the car for 20 years, the salt should not have any impact on you.
I understand your point, I guess under certain circumstances the salt really isn't the biggest enemy.

I purchased my Rsx-S new in 2004, I sold it just last year and it was beginning to get rust in certain areas (9 years of MI winters). Granted the car was 9 years old and a Honda at that, but still. After driving that car in the winter, I'm not a strong advocate of driving the "nice car" in the winter. I'd rather drive a $5,000 car in the winter any day of the week.
Appreciate 0