E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > EVO Mclaren MP4 12C review

03-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i've noticed lately that you have some terrible posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
This is pretty shocking.

Anyone who is the least bit passionate about cars has heard or seen Chris Harris before. You're also the first person I've heard say that the 12C is "very ugly".
I am obsessed with cars and car design and was very excited when I heard McLaren was going to make another car. When this rolled out, it just looked like something from a start-up company, not the same legendary company that made the F1. The design is just plain forgettable. But again, it's one man's opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
guys he was just making fun of his accent not his credibility. also taste is subjective and he is allowed his opinion on how it looks.
Thanks! I wasn't even really making fun of him. I just chuckle like an idiot when I hear the funny effect the British media puts on. The first words he says are falsetto.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #24
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post

I am obsessed with cars and car design and was very excited when I heard McLaren was going to make another car. When this rolled out, it just looked like something from a start-up company, not the same legendary company that made the F1. The design is just plain forgettable. But again, it's one man's opinion.

Thanks! I wasn't even really making fun of him. I just chuckle like an idiot when I hear the funny effect the British media puts on. The first words he says are falsetto.
Its possible that the form is more functional than it is aesthetic. It would certainly suit the rest of the car.
      03-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
That's most definitely true but it still doesn't make the car visually appealing to me. Again, I never said it was a bad car, I never said it was slow or outdated or lacked technology, I only said I don't think it's a nice looking vehicle.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0