E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Good Lord the new Corvette is UGLY

01-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #111
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
This runs contrary to everything I've witnessed. At the local track, Corvettes are one of the most consistently fast cars out there, short of only perhaps the Boxster/Cayman. The Z06 is known as being a little unpredictable, but I still see them mowing the grass a lot less frequently than most cars, certainly less than my old M Coupe or nearly any mid/rear engine car.
On the street they are scary unpredictible. As far as a track car they are very fast but when you get into racing and talk to drivers most do not like the way a Corvette drives.

I dont make this up ask any insurance underwriter top three accident prone cars as far as loss control and the Corvette is usually one or two. Also checkout youtube.

I like Corvettes but they what they are.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #112
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
On the street they are scary unpredictible. As far as a track car they are very fast but when you get into racing and talk to drivers most do not like the way a Corvette drives.

I dont make this up ask any insurance underwriter top three accident prone cars as far as loss control and the Corvette is usually one or two. Also checkout youtube.

I like Corvettes but they what they are.
yeah, a youtube search yields some funny videos. Of course these things can happen to other cars too. But you do see some scary handling characteristics in some clips.

Not to mention that in my time, i've witnessed 4 auto accidents happen in front of me and 3 of them involved corvettes.
      01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #113
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
There are a lot of idiots but most people who drive corvettes are older folks. There are way more idiots that drive mustangs and other muscle cars. Because of the corvettes suspension and powerband it spins out a lot. This is a proven fact hell even professional race car drivers say they don't like to turn the traction control off because it is a very unpredictable car.
Agreed. I would def. be scared to take traction control off.

Light weight with a ton of power. Recipe for speed and disaster.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #114
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Light weight with a ton of power. Recipe for speed and disaster.
That's what I'm arguing, it's not that the Corvette is unpredictable, at least in any way that a car with sub 8lb/hp is going to be. Does that mean that the average owner is going to avoid full throttle at stupid moments? Clearly not.

But it's sort of like saying a Huyabusa is at fault when it gets wadded up, not the yahoo that decided to pin the throttle.

Give a 335i 500hp and see how E90/F30 driver do in daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #115
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

The new Vette looks great and Thank-God, GM didn't use BMW ugly hood seams.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #116
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Even if she had that problem...i would forgive her!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #117
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92, MG F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Someday, maybe, they'll make a mid-engined corvette.
Get your facts straight....Corvettes are mid engine...just cause it's not in the back does not mean it is not.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #118
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
I've gotta say.. That thing is UGLY. but thats subjective. 'I' dont like it one bit. Too contrived and showy looking. Far from classy. Its like the juiced up, gym rat who spends all his time bench pressing, is useless running or doing anything useful and wears the worlds tighest dollar store t-shirts to expose his gruntyness.

It is NOT a sports car (the americans still havent grasped that concept) it's just a muscle car. Loads of power in a flimsy chassis. Almost tractor like. Yes the LS series small blocks are great powerplants and 450hp is a solid output.. but I dont care for the sound.. the all new ford coyote motor spanks it for sound and engineering, too bad IT is saddled into that brutal truck.. called a mustang.

hopefully some day the american auto manufacturers will pull their heads out of their respective asses and build proper drivers cars..
Wow...flimsy chasis huh...may be you should pay a visit to the ring times and see how well the production Viper and ZR1 do to kick ass of most cars that want to pose as super cars....your post is laughable at best.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #119
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
what an awful post
I agree...shah sounds like an envious bitch
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #120
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I wonder what percentage of the folks complaining about the way Corvettes drive have actually driven one?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #121
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
+1

shah trying to pretend to understand cars is pretty hilarious.

stick to skydiving with homos and fat chicks IMO.
fixed
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #122
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Technically, you may be correct, but as far as I'm concerned, Corvette=front, Porsche 911=rear, then there's all the mid-engined cars =914, lots of Ferraris, MR2, Panteras, Ford GT and GT40, most Supercars, all with the standard mid-engined configuration. All have joined engine/transaxle arrangements.
Corvette has engine in front with transaxle in back. I enterptret engine behind driver to be=mid engined. Cars like the Viper and Corvette I consider front engined.

Cars like the DTM cars may also technically be mid-engined but I still view them as front engined cars with the engine moved really far back.

So, I guess was saying I wished GM would make a mid engined car with the engine behind the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Driver View Post
Get your facts straight....Corvettes are mid engine...just cause it's not in the back does not mean it is not.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #123
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Technically, you may be correct, but as far as I'm concerned, Corvette=front, Porsche 911=rear, then there's all the mid-engined cars =914, lots of Ferraris, MR2, Panteras, Ford GT and GT40, most Supercars, all with the standard mid-engined configuration. All have joined engine/transaxle arrangements.
Corvette has engine in front with transaxle in back. I enterptret engine behind driver to be=mid engined. Cars like the Viper and Corvette I consider front engined.

Cars like the DTM cars may also technically be mid-engined but I still view them as front engined cars with the engine moved really far back.

So, I guess was saying I wished GM would make a mid engined car with the engine behind the driver.
Which is fine but again just because the engine is in the back does not translate to a better sports car...how many of those cars with rear mounted engines you mention have out run the Viper and ZR1 on the Nurburgring?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #124
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

I wasn't arguing that point. No doubt the Vette and Viper can outperform many mid-engined cars.

I just love the mid-engined arrangement, and wish GM would make a "normal" mid-engined supercar.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #125
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
+1 mounted behind the front axle qualifies as mid engine and the trans being in the back further optimizes weight distribution

Quote:

Doesn't matter how you interpret it, the definition is simple... engines mounted in between the front and rear axles are considered a mid-engine design.. It doesnt matter if its oriented towards the front vs the rear..lol
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #126
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

look you know what...screw it!
i'm serious...who cares how fast it is or how well it works...
you know and i know that strippers are going to go ape shit over this car.
as they have over the past 50 years
and mostly these cars will be bought buy guys who are 55 and over and are dating said strippers.
so to those over 50yo guys rocking the vet getting their nobbs sucked by a stripper with big sexy titties and a little sexy ass...my has is off to you!
Any questions?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #127
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
That's what I'm arguing, it's not that the Corvette is unpredictable, at least in any way that a car with sub 8lb/hp is going to be. Does that mean that the average owner is going to avoid full throttle at stupid moments? Clearly not.

But it's sort of like saying a Huyabusa is at fault when it gets wadded up, not the yahoo that decided to pin the throttle.

Give a 335i 500hp and see how E90/F30 driver do in daily driving.
They have 500hp 335i's and they are great stable daily driven cars. On the street the GT500 and Camaro ZL1 are more stable and predictible. Its the Corvettes suspension and power curve. If they would get rid of the leaf spring in back and make it mid engine it would solve the problems and i would own one. Because I like them just dont not a fan of 360 spins.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #128
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
yeah, a youtube search yields some funny videos. Of course these things can happen to other cars too. But you do see some scary handling characteristics in some clips.

Not to mention that in my time, i've witnessed 4 auto accidents happen in front of me and 3 of them involved corvettes.
I appreciate your view point and agree. They seem to always lose control the same way. Sometimes even with the Traction Control. Its funny because on the track they are monsters but put a Zo6 on a street with some crown in the road and they are scary. I dont a 600hp mustang for years like a crazy person ( I was 18) never once spin out. Second Z06 I drove I did a 360 just giving it a little gas.

I still have weight nuckles...lol
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #129
SwnSng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport - 6MT - GS

overcooked...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #130
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
look you know what...screw it!
i'm serious...who cares how fast it is or how well it works...
you know and i know that strippers are going to go ape shit over this car.
as they have over the past 50 years
and mostly these cars will be bought buy guys who are 55 and over and are dating said strippers.
so to those over 50yo guys rocking the vet getting their nobbs sucked by a stripper with big sexy titties and a little sexy ass...my has is off to you!
Any questions?
Just one, is it hard being you? lol
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #131
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Which is fine but again just because the engine is in the back does not translate to a better sports car...how many of those cars with rear mounted engines you mention have out run the Viper and ZR1 on the Nurburgring?
+1
besides the Vette's tranny sits in the back right in front of the rear axle for a better weight distribution.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #132
mike the snake
Captain
Rep

Are you guys going to jump on his case too?

Quote:
They have 500hp 335i's and they are great stable daily driven cars. On the street the GT500 and Camaro ZL1 are more stable and predictible. Its the Corvettes suspension and power curve. If they would get rid of the leaf spring in back and make it mid engine it would solve the problems and i would own one. Because I like them just dont not a fan of 360 spins.
Appreciate 0