E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Cars around $30k mark. Need suggestions.

11-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I know for a fact that 27k is achievable for a TSX. It already comes with most 3 Series options except navigation for that money, bargain. If your friend thinks the TSX is palatable, it is perfect as a cruiser. Not too sporty but much better off for it.

As for the interior, there is a ton of difference in everything to touch, see and feel between Honda and Acura. Plus, they don't scrimp on options like leather, heated seats Xenon's and premium stereos.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #24
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

I personally have a GTI of my own (21 years old). I absolutely love it.

My parents have had over 10 VW products over the last 16 years, and only one was terrible, and old passat full of electronics back when they were built in Mexico. The new GTI are built in Germany btw.

Anyways, I was also looking for around a ~25-30k car and the GTI was the best imo. Best interior in its class, good performance (even better with a APR chip for 500$), good looking and cheap.

Would recommend.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #25
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
I personally have a GTI of my own (21 years old). I absolutely love it.

My parents have had over 10 VW products over the last 16 years, and only one was terrible, and old passat full of electronics back when they were built in Mexico. The new GTI are built in Germany btw.

Anyways, I was also looking for around a ~25-30k car and the GTI was the best imo. Best interior in its class, good performance (even better with a APR chip for 500$), good looking and cheap.

Would recommend.
As far as I know no Passat were built in Mexico....btw the B3 passat was a shitbox, B4 terrible, B5 was average, B6 is good.

I just received my GTI yesterday and I'm impressed as my daily/winter/grocery it's amazing. Pretty quick too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #26
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
A friend is looking at a new car (meaning no pre owned here, fellas). He wants an automatic, Bluetooth, navi, HID. Speed isn't really a priority. And of course reliability, and is somewhat moderate when it comes to maintenance.

(taken from caranddriver.com)

... The entry model will be the Optima LX with the same six-speed manual transmission and 2.4-liter engine as the base Sonata. For $19,690 you get an audio system with USB, auxiliary, and Bluetooth connections, plus satellite radio; power windows and locks; dual, chrome-tipped exhaust finishers; a cooled glove box; 16-inch steel wheels; and six airbags. Equipping the LX with a six-speed automatic transmission requires $21,190, and adds 16-inch alloy wheels and cruise control to the equipment list. The next step up is the $23,190 EX trim, yielding 17-inch wheels, fog lights, leather seats with eight-way power adjustments for the driver, climate control, and keyless ignition.

For the power-hungry, the Optima EX Turbo and SX models come equipped with the 274-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter engine from the Sonata Turbo. The former, starting at $25,190, wears bigger disc brakes than naturally aspirated models, a different grille, and wood and metal interior accents. The $26,690 SX is the zenith of the Optima lineup, expanding on the EX Turbo’s equipment with 18-inch wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, HID headlights, LED taillights, wheel-mounted paddle shifters for the automatic transmission, carbon-fiber interior trim pieces, metal pedals, and illuminated door sill plates.

Fully loaded, incl. everything above + Navi + backup Camera + premium sound + heated/cool front + heated rear seats = $30,840 according to Kia's site. Kia/Hyundai's reliability has been top notch in recent years, and no one matches their warranty.

Definitely worth checking out ...

Last edited by Bunkei; 11-21-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #27
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Holy jesus...

That's hot.
Appreciate 0