XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
tendim
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i

Question for those with Navigation

G'day group.

I am currently driving a 2013 X1 xDrive 2.8 which has built in bluetooth, but no navigation. I plan on having BMW retrofit the Navigation package with BMW iApps. Currently I can pair my phone to the stereo for handsfree talking (and am also able to dial from the stereo), but I cannot stream music from my phone. The manual makes reference to being able to stream music, but only if I have the control wheel & navigation screen.

Question: When I get the Navigation, will I be able to play music via bluetooth from my phone to the built in stereo?

Thanks,
-10d
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
odieman23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M-Pkg & HK

Garage List
i have navi....but I can say it wont work....it will be 2 different systems...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
ambradd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tendim View Post
G'day group.

I am currently driving a 2013 X1 xDrive 2.8 which has built in bluetooth, but no navigation. I plan on having BMW retrofit the Navigation package with BMW iApps. Currently I can pair my phone to the stereo for handsfree talking (and am also able to dial from the stereo), but I cannot stream music from my phone. The manual makes reference to being able to stream music, but only if I have the control wheel & navigation screen.

Question: When I get the Navigation, will I be able to play music via bluetooth from my phone to the built in stereo?

Thanks,
-10d
how much they quoted you for a retro fit navigation & if the retro fit is linked to your audio system like idrive then i think you can.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
G'day group.

Thanks,
-10d

Hello. If you want me to help here, please send me your VIN (Vehicle's identification Number) PM or email: info@bimmerretrofit.com. I need only last 7 digits of your VIN. Then I will be able to check your vehicle's options and tell you what you will need in order to get Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

Olga
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Romuloschumann
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
Hello. If you want me to help here, please send me your VIN (Vehicle's identification Number) PM or email: info@bimmerretrofit.com. I need only last 7 digits of your VIN. Then I will be able to check your vehicle's options and tell you what you will need in order to get Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

Olga
Please chek my car's VIN: VS00423
I would like to have Bluetooth Hands-free Calls and Audio Streaming
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romuloschumann View Post
Please chek my car's VIN: VS00423
I would like to have Bluetooth Hands-free Calls and Audio Streaming
Hello.
Thank you for your VIN.

Please check PM, I just sent you the answer.

Olga
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #7
Romuloschumann
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
Hello.
Thank you for your VIN.

Please check PM, I just sent you the answer.

Olga
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
stigmax1
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 e84

Hi To all BMW Fans,

I just bought my wife a x1 e84 2009- VN06885 ! It has Nav Professional/cellph. prep. Bluetooth! I want to make an update of the navigation but I find it very difficult! I don't know how to do it!
I looked through everywhere for an answer but unfortunately without any luck!
I downloaded the latest version of the BMW Navigation DVD Road Map Europe PROFESSIONAL 2013!
My car doesn't have a cd changer only cd player!
My question is how to make an update of the navigation!I don't know what to do either to put the latest 2013 navigation DVD version /where/ or I have to install the latest BMW software release in order to update the navigation system of the car!

Thank you in advance for your understanding and help!

Best regards and drive save home!

Stigmax1
Bulgaria
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
KQ335XF30
BMWCCA #470039
Rep
Drives: F30-335XDRIVE

Quote:
G'day group.

Thanks,
-10d
do you mind if I ask how much is this costing you (labor and parts?

I didnt order the NAV but starting to wish I did.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0