E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Good Lord the new Corvette is UGLY

01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #89
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
The F30 is the ugliest 3 series ever with cheap looking wheels thar look like they're 13's on it. The side mirrors look hideous, the dashboard looks like it came straight from a early 2000's Buick.
I guess the F30 owners convinced themselves they got a good lookin car,the exposed grills also look goofy.
If you want a car that looks expensive get the Caddy,Lexus,Audi etc.
Well I guess being the best selling sports sedan in America a lot of people are "convincing" themselves. Lol

I think you are so upset by that Ugly e92 interior you had that you can't appreciate the F30's. It's not a Lexus or a Caddy but thank god for that. You may want to purchase a Hyundai they have the styling you like.

You like the F10 but not the F30? If you can see that the styling cues are the same in and out I have no help for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #90
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Ah dude for $50k just buy an 1M...or was it the M1...either way...get that thing!
The Vette is faster I'm pretty sure.

And I don't think there are many 1M's out there for $50k, except ones that have been beaten on pretty good.

This thread is quickly diving into a dick swinging contest between BMW fanbois and others.

Last edited by Templar; 01-16-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #91
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

you know what... a c5 cab for 15k doesn't sound bad at all

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #92
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
But under that skin, it's an old engine and old tech and the cockpit looks....questionable at best.
The problem with GM isn't that their engineers are stuck in the 70's and think push rods are "cool" and leaf springs are "hot"
Old engine? > Leaf springs? you should stick with fat chics as your preferred topic, because its clear you know very little about performance cars.

The use of OHV is a plus not a minus..Last I checked Corevettes were on the cutting edge with their front engine placement behind the front axle, enclosed center tunnel, rear-mounted transmission for balanced weight distribution and dry sump oil system for hard cornering.

Opinions vary on trim, fit and finish and I'm the first to say I think its ugly..which doesn't mean its not capable and this car certainly is.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #93
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

bla bla bla bla bla bla....push rods and leaf springs...last were cool in 1955!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #94
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Well I guess being the best selling sports sedan in America a lot of people are "convincing" themselves. Lol

I think you are so upset by that Ugly e92 interior you had that you can't appreciate the F30's. It's not a Lexus or a Caddy but thank god for that. You may want to purchase a Hyundai they have the styling you like.

You like the F10 but not the F30? If you can see that the styling cues are the same in and out I have no help for you.
Using your logic, the Toyota Camry must be the best looking sedan in America, then.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #95
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Using your logic, the Toyota Camry must be the best looking sedan in America, then.
Only if it's gold, with a tan interior.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #96
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Just a quick interjection, DOHC was introduced over 100 years ago in 1912 by Peugeot, among others. Hardly ground breaking…

Also, the composite transverse leaf springs not the same as the steel longitudinal units in trucks. Regurgitating what a television show states is not a discussion point. Less weight, less unsprung weight, lower positioning, etc. are serious benefits and show in lap times. The disadvantages have more to do with design and expense than function.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #97
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Also, the composite transverse leaf springs not the same as the steel longitudinal units in trucks.
Oh no, someone actually knows their facts! I wish Chevrolet would say they used kerosene for the headlights, just to give folks something else to complain about.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #98
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Personal opinion...

I think this thing is F**king AWESOME!!!!

Corvette's have been the king of the track and will continue to be. Remember, this is just the base model, I can't wait to see what they have in store for future performance models such as Z06/ZR1 (if they keep the same naming convention).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #99
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Personal opinion...

I think this thing is F**king AWESOME!!!!

Corvette's have been the king of the track and will continue to be. Remember, this is just the base model, I can't wait to see what they have in store for future performance models such as Z06/ZR1 (if they keep the same naming convention).
The corvette is "king of the track" but it's also the "king of crash on the street".lol
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #100
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
No because your mixing a luxury product with a practical one. People buy the 3 series for its style and performance. People buy Camrys for practical reasons.

When I valet my car it's always parked up front next to the Bentleys and Range Rovers. When I drive places girls constantly come up and tell me how much they love my car. So you can think its ugly all day doesn't matter to me because I'm not into dudes.

My car is sexy and it knows it. *wiggle* *wiggle* *wiggle* *wiggle* yeah
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #101
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
No because your mixing a luxury product with a practical one. People buy the 3 series for its style and performance. People buy Camrys for practical reasons.

When I valet my car it's always parked up front next to the Bentleys and Range Rovers. When I drive places girls constantly come up and tell me how much they love my car. So you can think its ugly all day doesn't matter to me because I'm not into dudes.

It's style and performance in the special olympics of sports car. You're competing against the Mercedes C-class for crying out loud.

A lot of women in their 60's, Realtor type love the F30 , it's a sportier version of their boring Camry based Lexus. The young professionals ,especially attractive girls now drive Audi's,replacing the Jetta they had since college.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #102
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's style and performance in the special olympics of sports car. You're competing against the Mercedes C-class for crying out loud.

A lot of women in their 60's, Realtor type love the F30 , it's a sportier version of their boring Camry based Lexus. The young professionals ,especially attractive girls now drive Audi's,replacing the Jetta they had since college.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night. I think you should join an Audi fourm which you love so much.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #103
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
I want to see what Top Gear says about this car.
Yeah it looks good from the outside.
But under that skin, it's an old engine and old tech and the cockpit looks....questionable at best.
The problem with GM isn't that their engineers are stuck in the 70's and think push rods are "cool" and leaf springs are "hot"
What their problem is that they have their nuts trapped in a vice.
On one side you have “design” by committee….and who do you think makes up this committee? Corn feed PBR drinking middle aged men of Ohio!
On the other side you have the very well paid very well armed accountants of GM.
So between those two, how can they make a truly amazing car? That has the interior of say an Audi, an engine that sings like an I6 of the BMW and a fit and finish of the body of a Lambo and a look of a Ferrari?

Who will buy this car? Well middle aged guys with hair transplants and rocking ginny t shirts and who are prone to using oliv oil for hair jell and ending every sentence with “over here” or “yo”
Or Indian / Pakistani engineers….no clue why they love Vets but….well why do Persians love white BMWs and Mercs?
The world will never know!
what an awful post
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #104
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
what an awful post
Didn't he say in another thread that he's a Mechanical Engineer?

That makes it doubly awful IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #105
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Just a quick interjection, DOHC was introduced over 100 years ago in 1912 by Peugeot, among others. Hardly ground breaking…

Also, the composite transverse leaf springs not the same as the steel longitudinal units in trucks. Regurgitating what a television show states is not a discussion point. Less weight, less unsprung weight, lower positioning, etc. are serious benefits and show in lap times. The disadvantages have more to do with design and expense than function.
+1

ZF is working on a functionally integrated lightweight chassis with 30 percent less weight than a conventional steel chassis. The core component of the concept study is a wheel-guiding transverse leaf spring made of fiberglass. Click

So much for 1955 technology

Name:  achse_zoom.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  51.6 KB

Last edited by Vic311; 01-17-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #106
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Old engine? > Leaf springs? you should stick with fat chics as your preferred topic, because its clear you know very little about performance cars.

The use of OHV is a plus not a minus..Last I checked Corevettes were on the cutting edge with their front engine placement behind the front axle, enclosed center tunnel, rear-mounted transmission for balanced weight distribution and dry sump oil system for hard cornering.

Opinions vary on trim, fit and finish and I'm the first to say I think its ugly..which doesn't mean its not capable and this car certainly is.
+1

shah trying to pretend to understand cars is pretty hilarious.

stick to skydiving and fat chicks IMO.
      01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #107
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
The corvette is "king of the track" but it's also the "king of crash on the street".lol
I guess that describes the drivers and not the car itself.

I would have to say that I see more idiots driving infiniti's and bmw's than I see driving corvettes.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #108
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:

This post is hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #109
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I guess that describes the drivers and not the car itself.

I would have to say that I see more idiots driving infiniti's and bmw's than I see driving corvettes.
There are a lot of idiots but most people who drive corvettes are older folks. There are way more idiots that drive mustangs and other muscle cars. Because of the corvettes suspension and powerband it spins out a lot. This is a proven fact hell even professional race car drivers say they don't like to turn the traction control off because it is a very unpredictable car.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #110
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are a lot of idiots but most people who drive corvettes are older folks. There are way more idiots that drive mustangs and other muscle cars. Because of the corvettes suspension and powerband it spins out a lot. This is a proven fact hell even professional race car drivers say they don't like to turn the traction control off because it is a very unpredictable car.
This runs contrary to everything I've witnessed. At the local track, Corvettes are one of the most consistently fast cars out there, short of only perhaps the Boxster/Cayman. The Z06 is known as being a little unpredictable, but I still see them mowing the grass a lot less frequently than most cars, certainly less than my old M Coupe or nearly any mid/rear engine car.
Appreciate 0