E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > You guys see this?

06-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

You guys see this?

yahoo news

Last edited by deutschmann59; 01-06-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

dude, mexicans walk all the way to PA??
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

Talk about a knee jerk reaction.
      06-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
have you got some illegals working for your funeral home, is that why you're afraid? ...jk
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

able bodied welfare recipients that don't want to do the work.

One thing is, at least I don't see these illegals begging. They work their tails off to make ends meet, even if that means cleaning other peoples toilets, mowing their lawns, or hauling trash. Whats happening today is nothing new; it goes hand in hand with the growth of this nation. The reason for our successes today as a nation are largely due to those southern, central, and eastern european immigrants that worked 20 hour days in unsafe and pitiful conditions during the industrial revolution, they took the jobs the existing citizens didn't want to take.

I for one have a lot more respect for these modern immigrants that work (illegal or not) their tails off to make a better life for their family, than the thousands able bodied people begging at the corner, or welfare recipients that go and buy their 6 kids (from 6 different husbands mind you) $120 baby shoes or a big screen T.V. I have come across the latter a few times, at least two fitting that description have rented some of my dads rental homes. I kid you not when I say some of those people don't even know their kids names, are relatively poor, but then go and produce 6 kids. Its particularly pathetic/hilarious when they give them royal sounding names, "Rodnell the II, Rodnell the III" I guess it makes it easier for the moms to remember their kids names that way.

If illegals commit a crime (1 strike and they are out imho), they should definitely deport them, but if they are hard working, pay taxes (some of them do believe it or not), and are genuinely trying to make an effort to succeed in life, or escape political persecution, they should be allowed to stay and at some point make them citizens so that their income can be properly documented and verified.

I have dealt with spanish immigrants, and some of our own born and bred citizens, and I can assure the immigrants were less likely to default on payments, then some of our own citizens, and some even ended up buying the houses from us. They were also, for the most part, God fearing people, and seemed to maintain our properties better and have stronger family values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
It's beyond me why we let illegal aliens into the country to fill basic low skill jobs when there are so many able bodied welfare recipients available.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

Quote:
It's beyond me why we let illegal aliens into the country to fill basic low skill jobs when there are so many able bodied welfare recipients available.
who don't want their jobs....
      06-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #7
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Your're telling Noah about the flood tl_boy. I don't blame the illegal aliens for wanting to come to America to seek a better life for themselves and their families. However, I am pissed that they're coming here when we have citizens that could do these jobs but prefer to live off of our tax dollars instead.
Deport people on welfare and replace them with hard working immigrants?

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
able bodied welfare recipients that don't want to do the work.

One thing is, at least I don't see these illegals begging. They work their tails off to make ends meet, even if that means cleaning other peoples toilets, mowing their lawns, or hauling trash. Whats happening today is nothing new; it goes hand in hand with the growth of this nation. The reason for our successes today as a nation are largely due to those southern, central, and eastern european immigrants that worked 20 hour days in unsafe and pitiful conditions during the industrial revolution, they took the jobs the existing citizens didn't want to take.

I for one have a lot more respect for these modern immigrants that work (illegal or not) their tails off to make a better life for their family, than the thousands able bodied people begging at the corner, or welfare recipients that go and buy their 6 kids (from 6 different husbands mind you) $120 baby shoes or a big screen T.V. I have come across the latter a few times, at least two fitting that description have rented some of my dads rental homes. I kid you not when I say some of those people don't even know their kids names, are relatively poor, but then go and produce 6 kids. Its particularly pathetic/hilarious when they give them royal sounding names, "Rodnell the II, Rodnell the III" I guess it makes it easier for the moms to remember their kids names that way.

If illegals commit a crime (1 strike and they are out imho), they should definitely deport them, but if they are hard working, pay taxes (some of them do believe it or not), and are genuinely trying to make an effort to succeed in life, or escape political persecution, they should be allowed to stay and at some point make them citizens so that their income can be properly documented and verified.

I have dealt with spanish immigrants, and some of our own born and bred citizens, and I can assure the immigrants were less likely to default on payments, then some of our own citizens, and some even ended up buying the houses from us. They were also, for the most part, God fearing people, and seemed to maintain our properties better and have stronger family values.
word
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #9
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Your're telling Noah about the flood tl_boy. I don't blame the illegal aliens for wanting to come to America to seek a better life for themselves and their families. However, I am pissed that they're coming here when we have citizens that could do these jobs but prefer to live off of our tax dollars instead.
That is the problem. We have too many people collecting checks for doing nothing. Immigrants fill a void that we as Americans are not willing to do. What is worse is that we support every prisioner who just sit on there ass and really do nothing. I say send their asses to Iraq and let them fight the terrorist.
      06-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghunger
Deport people on welfare and replace them with hard working immigrants?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Gitta
Kelly's 330i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I haven't been to Hazelton in a while... guess things have changed!
'01 325xi | auto | TS-GDL-BW | ZPP | heated seats |........... mods | spoiler | mudguards | blackout grills | clear lights | halo projector headlights |
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #12
Gitta
Kelly's 330i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I know what you mean, and that sort of crime is exactly why I moved out of Allentown and built a house out in the sticks. People were starting to be shot all over town. My parents are moving out of town too and building an addition onto my house for the same reasons. Their neighborhood is being taken over by people who just don't care about their houses and how much noise they make. Not to mention the hidious lawn "decorations" they display. It looks worse than trailer trash. It used to be a beautiful neighborhood and now it is noisey and littered and just looks ghetto.
'01 325xi | auto | TS-GDL-BW | ZPP | heated seats |........... mods | spoiler | mudguards | blackout grills | clear lights | halo projector headlights |
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #13
Gitta
Kelly's 330i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The LV is nice but there are pockets of bad areas and crime can hit just about anywhere. You know if you push these people out of town, they won't go far... to stinky McAdoo perhaps.
Appreciate 0