E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Real Madrid Barcelona is here

12-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
This list is pointless. The NFL has been a business first for decades. Of course their revenue is going to be incredibly high. Go to England and go to a soccer game, the ticket prices for decent seats will be nowhere near what you'd pay for nosebleeds at an NFL game. Ever notice that you don't have NFL teams? They're franchises as compared to soccer clubs.

You can't honestly tell me you think that if you went worldwide and started asking people about sports teams the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, and NE Patriots would get responses. They wouldn't. But I guarantee almost everyone will know Real Madrid and Barcelona.
C.R.E.A.M

If I go anywhere in the world and ask them if they have heard of the restaurant McDonalds, almost everyone will know it. Does that make McDonalds food the best food in the world because of its popularity?

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 12-03-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #24
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
C.R.E.A.M

If I go anywhere in the world and ask them if they have heard of the restaurant McDonalds, almost everyone will know it. Does that make McDonalds food the best food in the world because of its popularity?
Best is not analagous of popularity. We are talking about the biggest teams from the most popular sport in the world and you posted a pointless link to a list of valuable teams. I just made the point that NFL teams are not popular on a global scale. There's really no arguing that either.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Football was, is and always has been the most popular sport in the world by far. You cannot put that in $$$ perspective, just look at EU, Africa, Asia, M and South America.....the biggest....

I'm a big Barcelona fan and so is my 10 year old son Especially a few years ago when Barça was almost half Dutch/half Spanish.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Best is not analagous of popularity. We are talking about the biggest teams from the most popular sport in the world and you posted a pointless link to a list of valuable teams. I just made the point that NFL teams are not popular on a global scale. There's really no arguing that either.
+1000

Ask an African, South American or Asian about international famous sports teams and they certainly will respond with: Madrid, Barça Man United, Milan, River Plate , Boca but certainly not Dallas Cowboys or something like that. Not to speak the EU citizens will respond with their own famous teams like Paris StG, Bayern, Ajax, Spartak Moscow, Galatasaray or Steaua Bukarest(some examples)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
+1000

Ask an African, South American or Asian about international famous sports teams and they certainly will respond with: Madrid, Barça Man United, Milan, River Plate , Boca but certainly not Dallas Cowboys or something like that. Not to speak the EU citizens will respond with their own famous teams like Paris StG, Bayern, Ajax, Spartak Moscow, Galatasaray or Steaua Bukarest(some examples)
Similarly, you ask any American who Manchester United or Barca is and they will look at you like you have 4 heads. It isn't because we are ignorant it is because we are capable of sustaining 4 major sports leagues on our own. If soccer wasn't run by FIFA it would be more successful. It is run by a bunch of morons who couldn't even tell you who won the last world cup.

When people want to talk down about Football they choose the grounds of world popularity. Honestly, popularity is all well and good but popularity isn't paying for players, nor is it building new stadiums. It's all preference, and Americans are spoiled because instead of having to revere 1 major sport. We get to enjoy 4....maybe 5. What does the rest of the world have? Rugby, cricket, and european handball? Give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List

lets not waste time arguing whether each other's sport is legitimate or "the best" ..who gives a rats a$$
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #29
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Similarly, you ask any American who Manchester United or Barca is and they will look at you like you have 4 heads. It isn't because we are ignorant it is because we are capable of sustaining 4 major sports leagues on our own. If soccer wasn't run by FIFA it would be more successful. It is run by a bunch of morons who couldn't even tell you who won the last world cup.

When people want to talk down about Football they choose the grounds of world popularity. Honestly, popularity is all well and good but popularity isn't paying for players, nor is it building new stadiums. It's all preference, and Americans are spoiled because instead of having to revere 1 major sport. We get to enjoy 4....maybe 5. What does the rest of the world have? Rugby, cricket, and european handball? Give me a break.
Hahahaa everyday I love this guy more and more. No, homo!
      12-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post

I'm a big Barcelona fan and so is my 10 year old son Especially a few years ago when Barça was almost half Dutch/half Spanish.
i think this is the year with less dutchs since long time. (even are no one?)

But the Barca history is full of them, Cruyff as a player, Koeman, who gives his first euro cup, and so Rijkaard as coach on the second.

Van Basten, oh boy, never seen a forward like him
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #31
Jeremiah
Rep
Drives: XLI

In the USA and North america, football has a very low viewership any day and especially on Thursday so your 400M viewership comes from the other 6.3B individuals on the earth.