E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Michael Jackson is dead?

Closed Thread

06-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #23
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
What is truly sad is your personal vendetta against him and how it shines after his death. We all know about the recent events that have occured around him. He has died now, and many people choose to look back at the positive aspects of his life. Other people like to take a more negative view, because that is just the type of person that they are. They like to get up on their soapbox and proclaim to the world that they are glad that this person is dead. Sad way to view things if you ask me.
plus one million.

i wanted to write the same thing but it would not have come out this good. lol.
      06-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
What is truly sad is your personal vendetta against him and how it shines after his death. We all know about the recent events that have occured around him. He has died now, and many people choose to look back at the positive aspects of his life. Other people like to take a more negative view, because that is just the type of person that they are. They like to get up on their soapbox and proclaim to the world that they are glad that this person is dead. Sad way to view things if you ask me.
I'm not at all glad that he died. Of course it's sad when just about anyone dies (there are exceptions of course). But, I also think it's a bit wrong to remember only the good he did when there was also "allegedly" plenty of heinous activity going on. I don't think anyone should be "glad" that he is dead, but it's also important to remember him for who he was, not for who we wanted to believe he was. And that goes for both sides of the fence here.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #25
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:

I'm curious, how is stating that someone is the "most known icon in the world" sad? No where did this person say that they liked MJ.

MJ might not have literally been the "most known" icon in the world, but he sure was close. There is a difference between the "most known" and the "most loved". Your response makes it sounds like the previous poster said "most loved". And even then, who are you to call someone elses opinion "sad"?

I don't have a vendetta against him.
Quite the contrary, it seems more have a vendetta against me here for expressing my views.

When the negative aspects of someone's life is hurting children, sorry I don't look past that as being OK.

What he did musically was great, what he did charitably was awesome, but what he did when he hurt and endangered young children is inexcusable.
Murders on death row do good things with their life too.
Often they were great people who one day, as many people say, "just snapped, they were such likable and lovable people"
Then what do those people do and say, "burn in hell and rot in jail and good riddance" when they die or are locked up.

I'm sure you've done the same, so no reason to call the kettle black.

Good people go bad. Some get past and over it, sometimes it's excusable. To me hurting innocent children, nope, not excusable.
Doesn't take away his brilliant music career, but surely puts a huge scar on who he was and will be remembered as.
And whether he continued to hurt children (not too many parents probably allowed their kids around him in his last 10 years) is unknown, but if he did, well they are safer now.
That is and was my point.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I'm not at all glad that he died. Of course it's sad when just about anyone dies (there are exceptions of course). But, I also think it's a bit wrong to remember only the good he did when there was also "allegedly" plenty of heinous activity going on. I don't think anyone should be "glad" that he is dead, but it's also important to remember him for who he was, not for who we wanted to believe he was. And that goes for both sides of the fence here.

I love sensible, honest, and truthful posts/thoughts.
Well done.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #27
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I love sensible, honest, and truthful posts/thoughts.
Well done.
I'm sure you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
I couldnt agree more, i just smell hate..
You're right. We should all love child molesters, as long as they have made some good songs. I mean, regular child molesters are the scum of the earth. But famous ones are much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #29
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
You're right. We should all love child molesters, as long as they have made some good songs. I mean, regular child molesters are the scum of the earth. But famous ones are much better.
I never said that but he was never convicted...I'm going to guess and say your ass is young because your talk sounds young. Its funny how many people whine about what negative stuff he had done. Negativity spreads faster then positivity...

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #30
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I never said that but he was never convicted...I'm going to guess and say your ass is young because your talk sounds young. Its funny how many people whine about what negative stuff he had done. Negativity spreads faster then positivity...
I doubt you'd consider me young. But your naivete is shocking. Would you have left your kids with MJ? If not, stop being a hypocrite.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I doubt you'd consider me young. But your naivete is shocking. Would you have left your kids with MJ? If not, stop being a hypocrite.
Do you listen to music based on the artist lifestyle? or what he does off the seen. I never said i would leave him with my kids. Were talking music. You go so far off base its ridiculous were talking about the man and his music. Honestly you guys sound like bunch of men with skirts....

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #32
jaiman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
. You go so far off base its ridiculous were talking about the man and his music. ..
This was your first post in the thread that even used the word music.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread