E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > experiences dealing with BMW owners

02-11-2010, 01:04 AM   #23
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
I'm getting a lot more respect for you after reading some of your comments.

Sorry if we did not went well with each other in the other thread.

Respects DIOKAEF
LOL, no worries. I can be a bitch sometimes.
      02-11-2010, 02:25 AM   #24
its
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
This isn't directed at OP, just in general.

You never know unless you ask. Especially in business. Especially if it's a deal that you could take or leave either way. Negotiating is almost an art; not everyone is cut out for it or good at it. You cN run the risk of insulting someone, and squashing the deal right away, but it's a risk worth taking, IMO

Also, as a seller sometimes it's hard to accept the reality that what you want for something and what it's worth are two totally different things. Ask any real estate agent that! When it come to selling material things used, it's just part of the game. You can always say no, or present evidence supporti g the objects worth.

But there is negotiating and then there is flat out cheap. I swear to god, about a year ago at the grocery store, at the hot prepared food counter, I saw a man try to talk the deli man down on some fried chicken. And he didn't just ask once either!

You brought up points that I definitely agree with. At the same time, my position doesn't reside in the mechanics of negotiation. The crux of my argument lies in the lack of common sense/courtesy in negotiating contextually. specifically, where where all these negotiations are being held. In a community where we supposedly share a common interest. You can have the same attitude but you definitely use different tools or strategies for different circumstances.

Your example of the man trying to talk down some fried chicken in a deli is great and that's precisely my point. We are on a community board of hard working middle class or upper class family background members. At the same time, some of the offers I have had are just plain ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #25
its
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Maybe it's the age group. I would think average age on this board is higher than say on the s2k board. I understand you're tired of being low-balled, but it's not really that bad. If someone gives you a bad offer, then turn them down. You can also post in advance that it's non-negotiable if you have a firm price in mind.

As for pics... well, depends on the item really. If you're buying a bodykit from a private party, I'd like some pics to make sure it's in good condition or it's the correct item. You're not obligated to post (more) pics, but it will increase your chances of selling.

That's what I thought too. But I was proven wrong. either I have been dealing with the younger crowd of e90post or the younger generation have alot more grace/courtesy/sensibility. I would like to think its the former being part of the older.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

so wanna sell me your coils for half of asking...?

I can save you the $ for shipping the brake handle!
:P
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
its
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

too late. I shipped your item already.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #28
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

y'know... another factor is some of the sellers on this board ARE willing to sell their stuff dirt cheap. you see some crazy deals sometimes, like last night saw someone selling a 1.4 pin-out for 100 or 120. you're lucky to see a jb+ at that price.
Appreciate 0