E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Disappointed with fellow BMW owner

08-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #67
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
So, all this crying for a window motor and issue with the seat?
facts are facts(there are more).......just accept it man --- poorly built!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
How much do you weigh?
180lbs. btw --- the seat is 95% of the time unoccupied...........
      08-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #68
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
facts are facts(there are more).......just accept it man --- poorly built!

180lbs. btw --- the seat is 95% of the time unoccupied...........
Okay. I gotta say. You have received a lot of flack from people here (including myself) and you have answered all the question in a cool respectful manner. You are entitled to your opinion and if you have had issues witht he window motor going out and the seat breaking off (i.e. the passenger seat), that is pretty messed up. The window regulators have caused BMW issues for years (especially on the 5 series). But the seating breaking off or coming loose is messed up. Maybe your BMW was built on a day after Octoberfest or in August when they are supposed to be on vacation How many miles do you have on your car?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #69
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
Okay. I gotta say. You have received a lot of flack from people here (including myself) and you have answered all the question in a cool respectful manner. You are entitled to your opinion and if you have had issues witht he window motor going out and the seat breaking off (i.e. the passenger seat), that is pretty messed up. The window regulators have caused BMW issues for years (especially on the 5 series). But the seating breaking off or coming loose is messed up. Maybe your BMW was built on a day after Octoberfest or in August when they are supposed to be on vacation How many miles do you have on your car?
48k+ miles now...........

it's still a nice car........i still drive it in the winter when it's not hot.....black/black
      08-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #70
ages944
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Time to grow up kiddo. There's no camaraderie guaranteed just because two people drive the same brand of car. Some ppl are cool, others assholes.

You want camaraderie, join the CCA.

Mods: Blacklines | Rear Seat Power Outlets | Rear Fog Lights | Ashtray Garage Door Opener
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #71
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944 View Post
Time to grow up kiddo. There's no camaraderie guaranteed just because two people drive the same brand of car. Some ppl are cool, others assholes.

You want camaraderie, join the ARMY.
Fixed that for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #72
bimme92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i remember when i first got my e92 i would get soo many other e92 tailgaters or they would come up next to me and all of a sudden gun out as if their bimmer was faster then mine(especially since we had the same car haha)... i guess i feel the same feeling about some bimmer drivers but there are alot of others that give the thumbs up or head nod, but its all good... I LOVE BIMMERS PERIOD!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #73
yuyue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i E90 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
"All M3 owners are cocks"
-Jeremy Clarkson
"Cocks left the M3 alone. I guarantee you will see them in their Audi RS4s."
-Jeremy Clarkson in Series 11
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #74
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I get waves from civics to porsche and of course I acklowledge back. Im not too worried
about their car, its the driver that has the personality. If they are nice then I am nice. If not, I ignore them. Its those A-holes with black shades on, leaned way back in their seat with their skank, revving on me that i dislike. (All the while, their girl is checkin me and my ride out and in my mind, I know I can smoke him).... The light turns green and I drive off like a mature person. Dont have time for stupid people.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #75
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyue View Post
"Cocks left the M3 alone. I guarantee you will see them in their Audi RS4s."
-Jeremy Clarkson in Series 11

I'm sure I'll see plenty rolling by still....waiting for their orders on the RS4s....

to the OP - I'm sure he didn't give you that look, maybe you just thought that was it.

Additionally you don't know if it was something that was going through his mind that he was pissed off at or even something that his girl had said that mad his mood upset.....c'mon.....who cares what looks people give you....?!

I mean freakin' rednecks give me dirty ass looks and speed off when I'm merrily driving.....I don't give a rat's ass about them...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #76
Samuel L Jackson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

The BMW luxury rep means nothing to me, I bought the car because I like the car for what it is. But sadly most, probably 90% or more, are not enthusiasts and buy the car b/c they want to show off or whatever. I got more nods and looks of approval on the road when driving my bro's Audi A4 (probably b/c less of them) than my E92.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #77
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Like someone else said, there are too many BMW owners to be friendly and expect them to do the same. In contrast, during the first 3 years of owning my S2000 i recieved acknowledgement from about 90% of the owners. People feel more of a connection between them when they have a lower volume car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #78
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
"All M3 owners are cocks"
-Jeremy Clarkson
m3 drivers have no friends
-Jeremy Clarkson
      08-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #79
iamwiz82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d / 2012 MCS JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Like someone else said, there are too many BMW owners to be friendly and expect them to do the same. In contrast, during the first 3 years of owning my S2000 i recieved acknowledgement from about 90% of the owners. People feel more of a connection between them when they have a lower volume car.
The M owners subset wave to one another in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #80
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
People feel more of a connection between them when they have a lower volume car.
+1
When I got my E90 I was living in Michigan - needless to say, BMWs are the minority on the roads around there, so waving to your fellow Bimmer driver was common.
Then I moved to Phoenix, where a 3er is as common as a Honda Accord. Not surprisingly, no-one waves to one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwiz82 View Post
The M owners subset wave to one another in my experience.
I can't wait to pick up my Z4 M. That's the subset of the subset.
      08-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #81
iamwiz82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d / 2012 MCS JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
+1
When I got my E90 I was living in Michigan - needless to say, BMWs are the minority on the roads around there, so waving to your fellow Bimmer driver was common.
Then I moved to Phoenix, where a 3er is as common as a Honda Accord. Not surprisingly, no-one waves to one another.

I can't wait to pick up my Z4 M. That's the subset of the subset.
I've personally never seen another Z4 M (coupe or roadster) actually on the road driving. It gets lots of attention when I go out.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #82
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

a lot of people don't care as much as you do

not the first
not the last
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #83
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkybiznes View Post
Yeah, it's just a car. However, pride of ownership tends to negate that perspective by more than just a few .........
well said bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi2Three35i View Post
Its ashame his gf was beat. Then i would have been an asshole right back and yelled out, "Engine of the year bitchhhh" haha.

I know its just a car, but he def. knew what he was driving and def knew what i was driving.

I get smiles, waves, head nods all the time from MILFS, dads, ....hot college girls lol

hahah next time someone does that to you say "facen jartuma, cleres dci " if you know Armenian you know what i am talking about lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOLd View Post
it's not just a car.. It's The Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
hahah you tell him lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyaa View Post
I felt bad after just getting my e90 M3: I was cruising down the highway trying to get some miles on the car when a very nice older 3-series comes flying up and started checking out my car. He rolled down the window to try and initiate a conversation, and I could tell he was an enthusiast. But I had my windows tinted that morning, and could not roll them down... He kept trying, but finally gave up and flipped me the bird and took off. I'm sure he thought I was an arrogant ass.

Felt bad, but there wasn't much I could do...
wow that was sad poor kid !!!!
Appreciate 0