E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 335i Cabrio (E93) vs. 2 G35 coupes, Modded golf/R32, Modded Integra - all in One Day!

08-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

335i Cabrio (E93) vs. 2 G35 coupes, Modded golf/R32, Modded Integra - all in One Day!

Disclaimer:
None of what you're about to read is real, if you think it is real, you must be on drugs and I highly recommend you go see a doctor.

So today began as a normal friday...chillaxin' at work, come home, take a shower, get ready to go pray...etc....but soon did I realize it all about to change....

Round 1
I was driving to the mosque/church(w/e you want to call house of prayer) when I see my friends on the road....he's in his TSX and I see his brother up ahead with his cousin in what seemed like a modded G35 coupe....we pull up to the light and his cousin has this smirk on his face like yeah I'm going to wipe my ass with your POS german machine.....

Me: Ok...

So we roll from the light up to about 10-15 and i'm waiting for him to gun it....and he sees we're clear up ahead since we first at the signal and guns, I gun it right after him and we're neck in neck, I get right behind his ass and gain....some car had just turned into our lane way up ahead, so I made sure I didn't run into anyone....
we're at about 70-80 easily...and I'm right on his ass, I see an opening right as I pass the car who had turned into the lane, and gun it!

See you later hater...! Had him easily by like 3-4 Car Lengths...

Round 2

I come back from praying, talk to some people and get bored...I'm browsing the internet and find that the Iphone has just got this dyno application and was pissed my $600 N95 (1 year old, probably $400 now) didn't have anything like that! so I searched and found something (it's called Tempes GT for Symbian)....*borrowed* it from my internet friend and went driving to test it out! Man...let me tell you how much GPS timed runs suck!

My first 0-60 run was 9 seconds...was like wtf...?! but then again, I had DSC on.

So I turn DSC off and turn DTC on, and do a run again, I get a 0-60 time of 5 secs!

So I have this long stretch of road right beside my house...and since it's night, it's empty...so I try and see if I can get any 1/4th results from this mangy thing....

I tried atleast 4-5 times, but no results...kept giving me inaccurate error...so I said eff it....

What I did find out was that the speedo at 150mph is actually 145mph according to GPS - I know i'm not supposed to be going that fast...but it's a "closed circuit"

Anyhow, I was bored so I drove around looking for some fun......and what do we have here?? ANOTHER G35??

Man I wish I had someone to take a video...cute chick too!

So I'm getting on the freeway and she randomly GUNS it past everyone..... how could I resist?

I tail her and we're probably at 90 now...and she just kept going to let off and slow down to 80 because I was weary of the cops...but then I said, hey if she's ahead of me, she'll get the ticket first! LOL

With that in mind, I waited until the freeway was clear of traffic and gunned after her!

She was probably doing 130+ and I caught up to her at about 140...my limiter kept me from blowing her away but I got in front of her easily and then slowed back down....man what a crazy night!
I tried to give her a thumbs up or anything really, but she wouldn't look my way, so I said w/e and pulled a U under the bridge...

Round 3+4 combo!

Driving home...thought wow....two G35s in a day...couldn't get more interesting.....haha...spoke too soon...I see what looked like a modified R32 VW golf, it might have been a GTI though...not exactly sure, but I know GTI's are that quick...

So anyhow, I'm at a light behind some guy and I see this golf all the way in the other lane to my left. it's a 3 lane hwy...and I slowly creep up in first gear and he hears me, he gives in and cuts in front of traffic, I do the same, now we're both neck and neck around 30-40mph...

3 Honks......I stomp his ass.....BAD like easily would've been 20 CLs if I didn't stop...lol

so from a 40-75 pull, I had easily 3 CLs on him

So we keep driving and his waves at me saying his friend will race me...me being excited said sure why not....

*insert star wars music here*

I look in my rear mirror and see two small lights approaching, I can definitely hear intakes+ exhaust...not to mention a BOV when he comes next to me....

It's a Integra, couldn't tell what kind it wasn't new though as in late 90s, looked like early 90s probably a 92-94

He looks at me, 3 honks....VROOOOOOOOOM

Damn that ricer shit was LOUD - Vtec baby!!

We were Neck and Neck and he was slowly creeping up we were easily past 110....and finally I said no more and let off, we met up again, and he said good race! I asked him how much PSI he was running, he said 10 PSI.

So I'd say I had him neck and neck until above 120 and then I let off...

Crazy night....I slowly drove home hoping not to go too insane....didn't realize what it had done to me! Said BACK IN THE GARAGE YOU GO!!!

What a night.....what a day!!!

Mods: SSTT (turbo tuner)

Afterthoughts:

I think I would've had the integra if I hadn't removed my Dual Cone Intakes...I was running the stock box...

I also am very proud to hold the floor down for the Verts being quick!
If I had a coupe, I would've stomped his ass no doubt...but with the extra 400lbs... :-/

I'm not sure how he would've done from a dig though...from a roll...it was quick...and loud...LOL obnoxiously loud!

That's my story! (remember it's a story * cough cough * )
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Nicely done! Why'd you take off the dual cone intake?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
"chillax'n" that is a classic.
      08-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #4
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Nicely done! Why'd you take off the dual cone intake?
thought there was a waste gate problem coming up or something because I kept hearing these clicks when I let off the gas....someone just told me it was the diverter valves....anyhow, after I took them off, I couldn't really tell anymore....

I primarily took them off bc I was going to the dealer....I might put them back on once I get it taken to the dealer...just need to make sure...thats all.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Nice! What are the gains with the SSTT in comparison to the JB1?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

the SSTT is really more comparable to the JB2H~

It provides up to 40whp and 50wtq but don't hold your breath as I have not dynoed it yet.

What I do know is that if I didn't have the SSTT, I would've lost that first race against the Modded G35 and definitely gotten spanked by that Integra
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

now the funny part is...for the money youve all spent...i could take that r32...put a snail on it...and rape you all day! regardless...all fun times
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

yeah true, but will that R32 have the same performance on track, or the hard top folding convertible?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Round 1
I was driving to the mosque/church(w/e you want to call house of prayer) when I see my friends on the road....he's in his TSX and I see his brother up ahead with his cousin in what seemed like a modded G35 coupe....we pull up to the light and his cousin has this smirk on his face like yeah I'm going to wipe my ass with your POS german machine.....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

sstt ftw!

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #11
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

i've never driven an SSTT but from what i've read and heard, it's one of the weaker tunes.. i really doubt it's putting out 40whp and 50wtq..

here is the link with someone got the sstt dyno (along with bunch of others): http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78916

i would like to try one out though and see how it feels.

nontheless, u had fun but safe at the same time!! congrads
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
i've never driven an SSTT but from what i've read and heard, it's one of the weaker tunes.. i really doubt it's putting out 40whp and 50wtq..

here is the link with someone got the sstt dyno (along with bunch of others): http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78916

i would like to try one out though and see how it feels.

nontheless, u had fun but safe at the same time!! congrads
running 93 octane, and the baseline numbers have varied by a good margin =/ so I'm not sure until I get it dyno'd....

I've seen baseline numbers from 269 to 280 whp....and similar variances for torque...so guessing about 275ish for baseline to about 315 w/ 93 oct?

ofcourse they're not exact in any shape or forum, just approximations...
Appreciate 0