E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > G35/G37 Drivers...

06-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

G35/G37 Drivers...

I think that out of all the cars that I deal with in traffic on a daily basis non are more annoying than G drivers. For years I really thought that I was the only one that felt this way but apparently the both made it on the top ten d-bags list.

I'm just getting really sick of the poor attitude and ridiculous mentality that they own the road. Most of the time, unless they're older, they're ALWAYS trying to race me. Today one rode my tail on a single lane road in Atlanta for about 2 miles and then passed me and gave me the middle finger. My wife and I just scratched our heads.

It doesn't matter if it's a sedan or a coupe, they all drive like douches. Speeding, swerving, tailgating, blasting loud music, etc, etc. I have an endless amount of stories accumulated from years of driving around here.

Just venting

^^Average G35/G37 owner in my area

Last edited by Jack_Vang; 06-08-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

its because they are super cheap to get used. Lots of college students I know have G's, similar to how a 350z nowadays cost 15k so many kids get them.
      06-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Flying_Dutchman13
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Helicopter

That kid looks like a complete moron. Just out of curiosity though, what does listening to loud music have to do with driving like a douche?
03 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman13 View Post
That kid looks like a complete moron. Just out of curiosity though, what does listening to loud music have to do with driving like a douche?
I don't force anyone else to listen to my music. Unfortunately on my way to work quite a few folks feel they're entitled to broadcast their own station out of their cars which then forces me to leave my windows rolled up.

Doesn't really bother me that much as i'm used to it but I think it's tenfolds worse when it's the douche in the G that cuts me off and i'm greeted at the next stoplight to a character like the one pictured above with his hand on the steering wheel like a G, no pun intended, and blaring his obnoxiously loud music to the point where I can hear it through my windows.

Maybe i'm just getting old. LOL
      06-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
its because they are super cheap to get used. Lots of college students I know have G's, similar to how a 350z nowadays cost 15k so many kids get them.
Just did a quick search on autotrader. Holy cow have they gotten cheap, even the 37's...
      06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks like that kid is pissing down his right leg.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
I had a new '09 G37S before my 335is. It was my first car. Never any speeding tickets or problems though. I didn't drive like a D-bag.

Interestingly enough, most G drivers feel as if BMW drivers are all assholes. And in my G, not going to lie, every time a 335i/135i came up next to me, they always revved their engines and laughed that I had a G37S. Obviously the 335i is more expensive and faster, which I why I moved to one in the first place. But to be honest, I mostly see older people in the G37 sedans, and have yet to run into any problems with anyone in a G.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
SilverII
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335IS

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [9.66]
slow drivers keep right
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

I tend to encounter the same thing with G drivers. I drive normally and they never really try to race, but always tend to pass me and cut in front, etc.. I think they assume the Benz I drive is slow because it looks like an ordinary E Class and they are totally clueless about AMG. Only once did I drop it into second gear and take off. The G driver was shocked. He turned off the road with his tail between his legs. Otherwise I just ignore them like I do with fruit flies.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Nack54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

OMG! That's the dude with the g37s with the flashing neon lights that use to be on myg37. He also has a twin turbo setup running in his car making close to 500whp or maybe a little more, can't remember. His car is so damn ricey though. Everyone on the forum was making fun off him. Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
I'm a member of myg37. Good forum. I will admit some of the cars are way too over the top. But people with BMWs do that too. Not about the car you drive, but how you drive (and what mods you do, I guess).
People with all cars can be jerks. I've had camrys and corollas try and take off. I usually just let them pass and have their fun.

Can't speak about all G drivers... but most should have common sense enough to know what an AMG/M car is compared to the base models. The G37 is a fast car, but nobody should think stock/stock it can compete with the M3/AMG/S lines... or even the 335i/is for that matter.

I was driving along side an E63 AMG last night actually. Had a bit of fun. But when she really pushed it, I obviously couldn't keep up. I hung with her though, handling on the 335is coupe is really amazing, especially in Sport, with the DCT traction.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
I don't know, I've seen as many or worse BMW drivers. Like someone mentioned most of the G's I see are sedans and are driven by older men. I don't see that many Coupes around for whatever reason. My parents have his and her G's and they could care less what other people drive and certainly don't think or drive like they have the best cars in the world.

I've also had problems with Volkswagen drivers, Honda drivers, etc. I think its all about what's between the wheel and the seat that makes the difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #13
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I'm a member of myg37. Good forum. I will admit some of the cars are way too over the top. But people with BMWs do that too. Not about the car you drive, but how you drive (and what mods you do, I guess).
People with all cars can be jerks. I've had camrys and corollas try and take off. I usually just let them pass and have their fun.

Can't speak about all G drivers... but most should have common sense enough to know what an AMG/M car is compared to the base models. The G37 is a fast car, but nobody should think stock/stock it can compete with the M3/AMG/S lines... or even the 335i/is for that matter.

I was driving along side an E63 AMG last night actually. Had a bit of fun. But when she really pushed it, I obviously couldn't keep up. I hung with her though, handling on the 335is coupe is really amazing, especially in Sport, with the DCT traction.

I have a G37 and I have lots of respect for fellow BMW drivers. I'm not stupid enough to even try to think that my G37 could even keep up with an M3. I admire 335i's and 135i's driving down the road with me too, and it's cool when they actually smile and wave or give me a thumbs up, because I easily return the favor!

I'm on myg37 too and all of the cars are exactly the same and very few of G37 drivers actually care about performance. They're all into "stance" and being as slammed as possible. I remember some guy didn't want to buy 18" Volk G2's for like a grand because they were too small of a size, so he went with 20", 32lb Vossens instead.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the properly modded G37's look absolutely and ridiculously amazing. However, it does get boring when EVERYONE tries to look exactly the same. It also annoys me when G37's get ricer fabulous and have giant chrome rims, or mod their cars like the guy in OP.

As a G37 driver, I too have very little respect for 90% of G37 drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet

Last edited by eVitO; 06-09-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
Nack54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVitO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post

I have a G37 and I have lots of respect for fellow BMW drivers. I'm not stupid enough to even try to think that my G37 could even keep up with an M3. I admire 335i's and 135i's driving down the road with me too, and it's cool when they actually smile and wave or give me a thumbs up, because I easily return the favor!

I'm on myg37 too and all of the cars are exactly the same and very few of G37 drivers actually care about performance. They're all into "stance" and being as slammed as possible. I remember some guy didn't want to buy 18" Volk G2's for like a grand because they were too small of a size, so he went with 20", 32lb Vossens instead.

As hypocritical as this may sound, as a G37 driver, I too have very little respect for 90% of G37 drivers.
Yeah, I was about the stance of my car too when I had a g37s. 20" Giovanni 4" lip in the rear and 1 1/2 in the front with 15mm spacers. No other mods done, just love the looks and thumbs up I was getting. Didn't really like to many other g drivers because all the ones I've seen on the road thought they were superior to every other vehicle on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack54 View Post
Yeah, I was about the stance of my car too when I had a g37s. 20" Giovanni 4" lip in the rear and 1 1/2 in the front with 15mm spacers. No other mods done, just love the looks and thumbs up I was getting. Didn't really like to many other g drivers because all the ones I've seen on the road thought they were superior to every other vehicle on the road.
There was a point when I too had orange wheels on my G with my drop and what not. As cool as it was (IMO, I know it's not most people's cup of tea), the setup was doing more harm than good to my car. While I would still get orange rims, I now have a more functional drop and functional mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Flying_Dutchman13
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Vang View Post
I don't force anyone else to listen to my music. Unfortunately on my way to work quite a few folks feel they're entitled to broadcast their own station out of their cars which then forces me to leave my windows rolled up.

Doesn't really bother me that much as i'm used to it but I think it's tenfolds worse when it's the douche in the G that cuts me off and i'm greeted at the next stoplight to a character like the one pictured above with his hand on the steering wheel like a G, no pun intended, and blaring his obnoxiously loud music to the point where I can hear it through my windows.

Maybe i'm just getting old. LOL
True, I guess that could get annoying. My music is usually loud enough that I cant hear other peoples music. So come to think of it Im probably one of those people with the loud music, next to you at the stop light. I know Im not a gangster though haha.
03 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Kinda like used 1 or 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #18
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

it's the economy, alot of former BMW drivers are buying Gs
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

There used to be a bunch of college kids in our neighborhood (they probably had the same rental house), playing loud music, revving up their engines early or late, drinking and shouting in their yard. The worst thing was that their treat the neighbourhood streets like their own go-cart track or something. I noticed there were g35, bmw32x, m-Benz c230 and some caddi I don't know. Sometimes people in our community must hope they all got kicked out of school and move away. These guys had caused so much trouble and we have seen countless times that cops showed up at their door. Thank god they actually all disappeared a while ago. The point is the problem comes from the driver and those are the idiots that deserve some kind of punishment.
      06-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #20
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Ouch... I guess I don't fit the stereo type you describe. I'm 30 years old, and don't drive like a jag off. I do really like my G, and I think they are great cars for the money, and look good when tastefully modified. Here's mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Ouch... I guess I don't fit the stereo type you describe. I'm 30 years old, and don't drive like a jag off. I do really like my G, and I think they are great cars for the money, and look good when tastefully modified. Here's mine.
Nice looking car. i agree with most on this thread. What the problem is, is the driver behind the wheel.... not the car it self.
      06-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Lots of people who drive BMWs drive like lunatics. I'm not going to paint Infiniti drivers in a light that could shine any one brand. It all depends on who is behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0