E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Has anyone ever had a job...

05-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #45
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
Trust me I feel you, I worked for BMW and my company also owns a Benz, Bentley, Rolls, and Land Rover store I missed a few days and they shipped my ass to a slow ass land rover store now im collecting dust and chilling on bimmerpost for 8 hours a day lol I am looking for my next chance to break free thank god I bartend also and have a back up plan!!!! I would not think twice about leaving if I were in your shoes and had some money stashed I believe everything happens for a reason!!

On the bright side of it, at least you're getting paid to play lol.

And I believe the same thing you do, things happen for a reason.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #46
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

I'm sitting on my ass now for 3d month in a row after doing exactly that. I wasn't too worried about finding another job since I had some savings i could support myself on. But my "two week vacation" plan turned into several months, and now I'm pretty much either going to get a job, or go broke in the next month. I don't regret quitting though to be honest, I just regret not getting a new job sooner - but I attribute it to the ammount of stress I had at my last job.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #47
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
why do you say that? i ve 7-8 years prior experience
Well i didnt see that you had 7-8years of experience. Also note, Im just a senior e.e. student, so my advice is not much of use. However, my parents, and alot of my family members are in upper management, and have been told numerous time that having a job while trying to find another job forces the hiring manager to match or beat the previous companies salary whereas comming in unemployed almost seems "I'll take whatever I can get to pay the bills" type of impression to the manager.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #48
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
Well i didnt see that you had 7-8years of experience. Also note, Im just a senior e.e. student, so my advice is not much of use. However, my parents, and alot of my family members are in upper management, and have been told numerous time that having a job while trying to find another job forces the hiring manager to match or beat the previous companies salary whereas comming in unemployed almost seems "I'll take whatever I can get to pay the bills" type of impression to the manager.
I understand what youre saying but im not settling into another miserable job and as far as money, im pretty sure ill be in the same range regardless....

I resigned today and gave them three weeks notice...
      05-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #49
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Congrats Lana. I hope all goes well for you. I'm sure you'll keep us posted. I'll be joining you in 4 weeks.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #50
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Congrats Lana. I hope all goes well for you. I'm sure you'll keep us posted. I'll be joining you in 4 weeks.
Nice
      05-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #51
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Nice! Lucky!
Good luck!

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #52
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

yep, i did

took a 6 week vacation, hopped into another job

quit job in january... started new job in feb... no gaps! good long vacation
      05-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #53
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
I understand what youre saying but im not settling into another miserable job and as far as money, im pretty sure ill be in the same range regardless....

OMGZZZ!! How did I miss this thread!!!!!!
I'm glad you made a decision (which seems to be a good one so far ). I would have just stuck it out a little longer and looked for a new job while still having a paycheck come in. Also the market isn't in the best of conditions now, so your next salary may not be as competitive as can be. And if you get a job at an investment firm, you are going to get me a job right ? And is the Z staying? I had to ask.

I was in the same boat at my last job (Sales "Executive" at Jos. A Bank). My manager was to the point where she would call me in class (knowing I was in school) asking me to come in asap even if it meant missing other classes. I had enough saved up (was about to buy wheels, coils, speakers or a AA SC for the E46) and I decided to give a 10 day notice because of major projects coming up in school. I can easily say I miss my old customers (most were cool), but the other personnel there were mostly snobby to me (excluding a few). Being 18 and working with people 40-65 isn't always easy

Anyways, keep me updated, its been awhile since we've chatted.
Ian
      05-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #54
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

i did. it was the dumbest move of my career.
      05-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #55
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
they hated so much, they just quit without even having a new one lined up? Im at this point right now, I think Im going to resign tomorrow.
I did this. Worked 2 weeks, thought the boss was a di(kless shmuck and I knew i'd just punch the guy in the face if i had to hear any more of his bullshiet. But i chose to leave and didnt even take the paycheck. Just left. And one guy i met there did the same thing, but he was planning to do this for 9 months! When i said this is not cool, im out, he was probably inspired and followed me. Now one of my best friends too, haha.

And quitting that job was best thing ever, as after that i found my current job (finance), the one that among other things lets me drive my bimmer.

Bottom line, look out for yourself. If you are unhappy, whats the point of being miserable!! You might be getting that stupid check but its just money and you might be missing some great opportunities elsewhere!

Last edited by Tallest; 05-14-2008 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #56
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
dood, im already in private equity.... we have a fl office but im not sure how big it is since headquarters is ny..... i have no choice but to keep the z and like i said.... theres no way id be getting a paycut.... accounting is one of the most in demand jobs right now and add me passing the cpa exam sometime this summer, i will be breaking 6 figs.... i had to do it and now theyre being sooooooooooooo freakin nice to me....my resig letter was worded quite nicely their loss, it couldve been a good place to grow and make reallllly good money but im not gonna get treated like total crap to have that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
OMGZZZ!! How did I miss this thread!!!!!!
I'm glad you made a decision (which seems to be a good one so far ). I would have just stuck it out a little longer and looked for a new job while still having a paycheck come in. Also the market isn't in the best of conditions now, so your next salary may not be as competitive as can be. And if you get a job at an investment firm, you are going to get me a job right ? And is the Z staying? I had to ask.

I was in the same boat at my last job (Sales "Executive" at Jos. A Bank). My manager was to the point where she would call me in class (knowing I was in school) asking me to come in asap even if it meant missing other classes. I had enough saved up (was about to buy wheels, coils, speakers or a AA SC for the E46) and I decided to give a 10 day notice because of major projects coming up in school. I can easily say I miss my old customers (most were cool), but the other personnel there were mostly snobby to me (excluding a few). Being 18 and working with people 40-65 isn't always easy

Anyways, keep me updated, its been awhile since we've chatted.
Ian
      05-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #57
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
dood, im already in private equity.... we have a fl office but im not sure how big it is since headquarters is ny..... i have no choice but to keep the z and like i said.... theres no way id be getting a paycut.... accounting is one of the most in demand jobs right now and add me passing the cpa exam sometime this summer, i will be breaking 6 figs.... i had to do it and now theyre being sooooooooooooo freakin nice to me....my resig letter was worded quite nicely their loss, it couldve been a good place to grow and make reallllly good money but im not gonna get treated like total crap to have that....
I didn't say you were going to get a paycut, but the offer(s) that you get for the next job may not be as lucrative as can be. Congrats on the CPA, from what people are telling me its a bitch but, 6 figures does sound nice And with them being so nice, maybe you should go in tomorrow and be like "Can I withdraw my resignation?" and the laugh at look of disgust on their face. And to be honest, it really does seem like their loss (from what I can tell about you).
So, now that you are going to be bringing in 6 figs, are you paying for my trip to Canada?
      05-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #58
rosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Stock !

Quote:

Wow.. I am sure it will be worth it. 3 years back I had quit the same way. The last day when I drove outa the parking lot.. I drove with my windows open.. Loud music.. felt liberated. You will see that in a few weeks. I got another job in 5 weeks. For 5 weeks I could catch up on all the movies and a lot of tennis.

Good Luck!
      05-15-2008, 02:33 AM   #59
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&amp;!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
I did it and I'm still jobless
lol kidding
      05-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #60
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ive had a job like that, but thankfully I had another one to go to. Soon as I got hired, I quit the one I hated.
Sara, everyone knows pole dancing is Not a job...and switching from white to black guys wont bring in anymore money... Bad Decision..

05-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #61
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Doesnt it feel great? I cant wait!!! Im preparing myself financially and getting paid out my vacation & profit sharing, I should be okay for a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
Wow.. I am sure it will be worth it. 3 years back I had quit the same way. The last day when I drove outa the parking lot.. I drove with my windows open.. Loud music.. felt liberated. You will see that in a few weeks. I got another job in 5 weeks. For 5 weeks I could catch up on all the movies and a lot of tennis.

Good Luck!
I have to pass first If I pass, I wont even bother with the canadian GP... off to Monaco!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
I didn't say you were going to get a paycut, but the offer(s) that you get for the next job may not be as lucrative as can be. Congrats on the CPA, from what people are telling me its a bitch but, 6 figures does sound nice And with them being so nice, maybe you should go in tomorrow and be like "Can I withdraw my resignation?" and the laugh at look of disgust on their face. And to be honest, it really does seem like their loss (from what I can tell about you).
So, now that you are going to be bringing in 6 figs, are you paying for my trip to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92leon View Post
I did it and I'm still jobless
lol kidding

My fingers are crossed, I think I may have a job offer coming. I'll know tomorrow for sure.

PS I was requested to sit with HR and now theyre trying to convince me to stay.
      05-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #62
rosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Stock !

Quote:
I was requested to sit with HR and now theyre trying to convince me to stay.
Wow! So they dont want you to quit now
      05-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #63
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
I have to pass first If I pass, I wont even bother with the canadian GP... off to Monaco!!
Oh come on now lana... the CPA exam is a piece of cake. But seriously, i shouldn't be that hard to pass it if you put in a little study time.

I am taking SOA exam MFE in 1.5 hours... then it is time for

Good luck getting a new job! You know they have great opportunities in Iowa
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #64
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Oh come on now lana... the CPA exam is a piece of cake. But seriously, i shouldn't be that hard to pass it if you put in a little study time.

Not hard? CPA exam only has a 20-30% pass rate

Maybe if i didnt have a job or a life and could devote my time to study then it would be easy

good luck
      05-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #65
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
If someone told me that, I'd never hire them. Period.
True... Not even sorta.
      05-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #66
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Wife's an Actuary... Small world, What is MFE though?

Got it, Financial...